Story Poster
Photo by Ben Queen-USA TODAY Sports
Baylor Football

Baylor LB Terrel Bernard will have shoulder surgery, miss remainder of season

November 9, 2020

Baylor head coach Dave Aranda announced on Monday morning that leading tackler and junior linebacker Terrel Bernard will miss the remainder of the 2020 football season. Bernard left Baylor’s game against Iowa State briefly after suffering a shoulder injury on Saturday, but returned wearing a brace and finished the game. 

Aranda said following the game that Bernard was still being evaluated and had no specific update on Bernard

Bernard registered 55 tackles, 6.5 tackles for loss and 3.5 sacks on the season, each of which led the team in the specific categories. Bernard was also Baylor’s leading tackler in the 2019 season where he amassed 112 tackles, 9.5 tackles for loss and 4.5 sacks. 

With Bernard out, look for Baylor to turn to junior Abram Smith (5-11, 205) or junior Bryson Jackson (6-2, 211) at the WILL position. Smith has registered four tackles on the season while Jackson has five. 

Discussion from...

Baylor LB Terrel Bernard will have shoulder surgery, miss remainder of season

5,622 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Wichitabear
boognish_bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
IowaBear
The bigger question, does he return next year ?
MrGolfguy
Just one kick in the nuts after another
SIC EM 94
IowaBear said:

Who knows...you going to start a thread telling players behind him to transfer?
IowaBear
SIC EM 94 said:

IowaBear said:

Who knows...you going to start a thread telling players behind him to transfer?

You're such a sour puss. He starts and is the star of the team. Of course he's not transferring. Bohannan and Zeno are studs riding the pine behind a dud. Not anywhere near the same situation. Go take your afternoon nap old timer
DanaDane
What a friggin' warrior. In all likelihood, we've seen him for the last time playing in a Baylor jersey but he will still go down as my favorite player from the 2020 version of the Bears. Many prayers for successful surgery and a quick recovery!
boognish_bear
Mike E
DanaDane said:

What a friggin' warrior. In all likelihood, we've seen him for the last time playing in a Baylor jersey but he will still go down as my favorite player from the 2020 version of the Bears. Many prayers for successful surgery and a quick recovery!
It's actually very very likely that he's back next year. Had he played all season this year I think he probably would had left though.
Wichitabear
Mike E said:

DanaDane said:

It's actually very very likely that he's back next year. Had he played all season this year I think he probably would had left though.
This is what I was thinking. He such an asset to the team
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.