Football
Sponsored by

Baylor rebuild vs Nebraska rebuild

1,896 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Thee University
Baylor3216
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It sucks that we can't ever seem to change coaches without smoking a whole season. Then a little better the next year. Then decent to great.

I find what we're going through interesting compared to Nebraska and Scott frost taking over.

No doubt Nebraska has epic levels of talent more than is just on their history alone and frost is a proven winner running one of the most elite offenses in the country prior to being at Nebraska.

Now we have fedora who's never been elite offensively and yet anyone objectively would look at our results and although we suck eggs, we are in more games than they ever hoped to be tue last 2 seasons.

I suspect this staff won't ever get it done and has no proven track record so the best we have is hope.

Buckle up. Maybe in 2 years we will say we were wrong. Won't know anything until then.
TeamPlayer
Frost was taking over for a guy WAY over his head. Aranda taking over after a sugar bowl invite. This effort by aranda and his staff is a total joke.
BUGWBBear
Someone needs to sit Brewer down to watch Greg Cicero tapes. Then tell him this is what you look like right now. If that can't kick a talented kid in the ass, nothing will.
TechDawgMc
It's funny, but pretty much everyone on this board was convinced that Rhule would be fired ignominiously in a year or two especially after he lost to Liberty.

Perhaps we should at least wait until the coach has a chance to have a legitimate off season
bear2be2
TechDawgMc said:

It's funny, but pretty much everyone on this board was convinced that Rhule would be fired ignominiously in a year or two especially after he lost to Liberty.

Perhaps we should at least wait until the coach has a chance to have a legitimate off season
Not everyone.

https://sicem365.com/forums/2/topics/15732/replies/403622

Unfortunately, I have none of that same confidence in this current staff, which lacks both the track record and coherent, cohesive plan that their predecessors brought with them to Waco.
proudbear
The previous coaching staff did not have COVID-19 to deal with. If you remember, when they first got here the coaching staff could only meet with their new team via Zoom! This has been a year like no other. Give the guy a break. The negativity on this board is unbelievable!
bear2be2
proudbear said:

The previous coaching staff did not have COVID-19 to deal with. If you remember, when they first got here the coaching staff could only meet with their new team via Zoom! This has been a year like no other. Give the guy a break. The negativity on this board is unbelievable!
Did you expect to find celebration? We went from 11-3 last year to 1-5 -- going on 1-8 -- this season. And there's no valid excuse for that level of drop-off.
proudbear
Our coaching staff has been at a disadvantage all year. No practice time to implement their plays. All the teams we have played this year had their coaching staffs in place from the previous year and did not have this disadvantage.
The same "get rid of the coach" mentality happened after Rhule's opening loss to Liberty. All I am saying is it is way too early to write off this coaching staff. It is crazy talk! Players, their families and potential recruits read this negativity.
DanaDane
proudbear said:

Our coaching staff has been at a disadvantage all year. No practice time to implement their plays. All the teams we have played this year had their coaching staffs in place from the previous year and did not have this disadvantage.
The same "get rid of the coach" mentality happened after Rhule's opening loss to Liberty. All I am saying is it is way too early to write off this coaching staff. It is crazy talk! Players, their families and potential recruits read this negativity.
Pretty easy way to not "read all this crazy talk" is to stay on your premium side and not venture over here.
IowaBear
proudbear said:

I think recruits read more into what they see on the field. And what they see right now is trash. You can make all the excuses you want. There's zero reason for the offense to be this putrid. It's embarrassing to watch them struggle to do anything
proudbear
Then don't watch! You need to quit living your life through how 19, 20 and 21 year olds play in a football game.
bear2be2
proudbear said:

Then don't watch! You need to quit living your life through how 19, 20 and 21 year olds play in a football game.

Or this coaching staff could just do its job in a competent fashion. Then we could all go back to enjoying our team on Saturdays without feeling a need to defend inexcusably bad football.
Aberzombie1892
It's unfortunate that Baylor has lost so many games, but it's unfair to Aranda for fans to treat this season the same way it would treat any other coaching transition. No one believed that Baylor would contend for the Big 12 title this season and Baylor never played an out of conference game, and thar meant that Baylor's w/l record was going to look pretty bad since Baylor only had 9 games and was going to lose to the best teams in the conference. If the consensus was that Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas and Iowa State were the best teams in the conference and Baylor was expected to lose to them, that would put Baylor's ceiling at 5-4 overall. WVU and KSU were better than expected and thus would move that 5-4 to 3-6 if Baylor lost to them.

I'm fine with agreeing to the argument that covid pushed Baylor from 3-6 to 1-8, and Baylor may still finish better than that.
bear2be2
Aberzombie1892 said:

It's unfortunate that Baylor has lost so many games, but it's unfair to Aranda for fans to treat this season the same way it would treat any other coaching transition. No one believed that Baylor would contend for the Big 12 title this season and Baylor never played an out of conference game, and thar meant that Baylor's w/l record was going to look pretty bad since Baylor only had 9 games and was going to lose to the best teams in the conference. If the consensus was that Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas and Iowa State were the best teams in the conference and Baylor was expected to lose to them, that would put Baylor's ceiling at 5-4 overall. WVU and KSU were better than expected and thus would move that 5-4 to 3-6 if Baylor lost to them.

I'm fine with agreeing to the argument that covid pushed Baylor from 3-6 to 1-8, and Baylor may still finish better than that.
Ask yourself, what would either of our previous two staffs have done with this roster? If you still arrive at a 3-6 ceiling, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

That said, I don't think anyone expected more than five or six wins this year. We're staring at one -- against the worst team in high major Division I football. Maybe in all of Division I football.
BUbearinARK
bear2be2 said:

Aberzombie1892 said:

Ask yourself, what would either of our previous two staffs have done with this roster? If you still arrive at a 3-6 ceiling, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

That said, I don't think anyone expected more than five or six wins this year. We're staring at one -- against the worst team in high major Division I football. Maybe in all of Division I football.
What would have Grobe done? Since we're past ut, I guess we know.
bear2be2
BUbearinARK said:

bear2be2 said:

Aberzombie1892 said:

What would have Grobe done? Since we're past ut, I guess we know.
Touche. Make that the last two full-time coaches.
BUbearinARK
Aberzombie1892
bear2be2 said:

Aberzombie1892 said:

If Baylor went 0-4 versus the top 4 of the conference and didn't play an out of conference game, Baylor would end up at 5-4 at the outset. WVU seems to be team number #5, and, if Baylor lost that game, that would leave Baylor at 4-5. Would Briles or Rhule have this particular team undefeated against Kansas, Kansas State, Texas Tech, and TCU? It's possible.
Thee University
I thought I told all you loser/quitters to haul @$$ and start posting on the Tarleton State Texan board!
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
Timbear
There was absolutely no reason for Aranda to have to rebuild anything. Practically all of the O was coming back, and enough D to field at least a 7-5 team. Aranda has mismanaged this team he inherited. I hope that the multi $M training salary he was given this year is enough for him to do better next year.
Thee University
Timbear said:

There was absolutely no reason for Aranda to have to rebuild anything. Practically all of the O was coming back, and enough D to field at least a 7-5 team. Aranda has mismanaged this team he inherited. I hope that the multi $M training salary he was given this year is enough for him to do better next year.
Post of the week!
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.