Football
Sponsored by

Baylor seniors who is coming back?

4,390 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BaylorRocks
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Thedeiyaanking
Hopefully not Charlie
IowaBear
Would be great to at least get Texada and WBK back on D as well as Burton/Newman on the O line
Dia del DougO
Thedeiyaanking said:

Hopefully not Charlie
We need Rhule to give him a call and assure him he's an NFL guy.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
Jorkel
Dia del DougO said:

Thedeiyaanking said:

Hopefully not Charlie
We need Rhule to give him a call and assure him he's an NFL guy.

As the ball boy? He isn't NFL material.
chorne68
Many people on this forum have a very short memory. He came to Baylor when we were in our darkest moment as the Texas high school player of the year who set the national record for completion percentage. He started as a freshman and put his body on line for yardage and first downs. He was everyone's number one quarterback and was very good for several years. He is now playing in the worst offense we have had in years with a suspect offensive line and is not as good as in the past. He has had many injuries and concussions playing his heart out for Baylor. I will give him my respect and think most Baylor fans will too. Too bad a small minority of posters put out this drivel..
Reverend
I agree completely. He'll always be a Baylor hero,

But it's time for him to retire. For his health and his future beyond football.
JSULLIVANFREE
I'd say vast majority of people watching football with eyes that see - can see that CB needs to take a seat - has no business leading a big 12 offense anymore
Griz
Do we have a Big 12 offense?
JSULLIVANFREE
With a capable QB - yes
Jorkel
He was only my number one QB out of necessity the first 3 years on campus. I've always said since day one that he has been serviceable because he was the only QB on the roster. Now that he isn't even that...Meh move on. Football is a what have you done for me lately business and He ain't doing much chief. Thanks CB for playing but move on.
DanaDane
Under this free 5th year scenario from the NCAA, does any know if you must spend that additional year at your existing school or is it possible someone like Charlie could transfer to another school like Tech or KState (or anywhere else), be eligible immediately and potentially start at QB for that school?
BaylorRocks
chorne68 said:

Many people on this forum have a very short memory. He came to Baylor when we were in our darkest moment as the Texas high school player of the year who set the national record for completion percentage. He started as a freshman and put his body on line for yardage and first downs. He was everyone's number one quarterback and was very good for several years. He is now playing in the worst offense we have had in years with a suspect offensive line and is not as good as in the past. He has had many injuries and concussions playing his heart out for Baylor. I will give him my respect and think most Baylor fans will too. Too bad a small minority of posters put out this drivel..
I respect him too, and have been very clear about that. Many on this site have been. But with that said, this should be his final year of playing football at Baylor. He's had four years of play. Almost no one in D-I football gets that anymore. If he decides to come back for a 5th year, it'll simply be out of selfishness, a lack of self-awareness, and actually will hurt the Baylor program that gave him so much.

So stop your drivel. And, excuses.

Sic'em
Hob Howelll
Jorkel said:

He was only my number one QB out of necessity the first 3 years on campus. I've always said since day one that he has been serviceable because he was the only QB on the roster. Now that he isn't even that...Meh move on. Football is a what have you done for me lately business and He ain't doing much chief. Thanks CB for playing but move on.

Yep. Freshman year his competition was a anu Solomon who was terrible and Zach Smith who I always thought had a good arm but moved around like Treebeard from Lord of the rings.

Sophomore year we had the whole Jalen McClendon quarterback battle where McClendon actually started at least one game if I recall correctly

Junior year the other quarterbacks were two freshmen

Baylor University class of 2014
oorahpa
will be interested in our offensive line prospects for next year. Do our existing guys have the upside. or do we go heavy into the available transfers to build an effective group. Without the bulls the offense does not appear to be moving forward .
John Heard

boognish_bear
Saddle Up!
boognish_bear said:

Since I was not at the game in person, I'm wondering if there is any significance to the fact that CB is not in this picture of seniors?
boognish_bear
Saddle Up! said:

boognish_bear said:

Since I was not at the game in person, I'm wondering if there is any significance to the fact that CB is not in this picture of seniors?

I wondered that too.

I would think even if he were coming back he still would have done the Senior recognition last week.
LIB,MR BEARS
chorne68 said:

a small point of contention here: that O-line is not "suspect". It is a sieve. Nothing suspicious about it.
boognish_bear
BaylorFan1234321
Thedeiyaanking said:

Hopefully not Charlie
This didn't age well
IowaBear
boognish_bear said:

Maybe I'm in the minority but I thought he was brutally bad both years here. Dude seemed to get thrown around on the regular. And was good for what seemed like a penalty or 2 a game
DanaDane
Bedier was quite serviceable as an offensive lineman in 2019 when he played for an offensive line coach and OC who actually knew what they were doing. I am confident Grimes and Mateos can make him productive again as a backup. Hope he elects to return.
boognish_bear
Not a senior....but he is sticking around

BUbackerinET
We need all the depth we can get!
boognish_bear
BaylorRocks
boognish_bear said:

No Shawn, but it is a nice statement. It just shows that they are, wisely, taking advantage of the additional year of eligibility to get better and improve their chances at a pro career.

Sic'em
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.