Football
Sponsored by

Given Up

3,512 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TeamPlayer
LoneRanger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
After being a Baylor fan over 25+ years, I've given up. Every other team has had to play with Covid-19, lack of practice, and other different things, but this is pitiful. Don't be surprised when we lose another 3+ recruits and we kiss our other QB's goodbye.
Hob Howelll
I haven't watched a full game this year in part because I've worked several Saturdays and don't have time. I also let my premium membership lapse, because I just don't have the time for it and frankly don't feel like paying money to talk about an underachieving program
Baylor University class of 2014
BaylorBear21 said:

After being a Baylor fan over 25+ years, I've given up. Every other team has had to play with Covid-19, lack of practice, and other different things, but this is pitiful. Don't be surprised when we lose another 3+ recruits and we kiss our other QB's goodbye.
You made it through the Steele era and you're giving up now? I mean, come on. Fedora sucks, but come on.
SIC EM 94
If Aranda would give Zeno a shot this game is still winnable. The first half is not on Charlie, but sometimes you have to make a change!
blackie
With our OL RGIII would struggle. They are invisible.
IowaBear
blackie said:

Lol no he wouldn't. He would still dominate as would Petty and Russell. All 3 make WAY quicker decisions then Charlie who even when he has time refuses to throw because he doesn't trust his arm. KSU is daring him to beat them with his arm by bring 6/7 guys almost regularly. He's not good enough to beat a blitz. Also yes the o line is ass
Hob Howelll
blackie said:

Nah. I mean our line is bad but Brewer is terrible. Bottom quartile of all FBS quarterbacks.
Baylor University class of 2014
CHP Bear
Good thing we caught Kansas at our peak.
historian
The team hasn't given up. Some fans, however, gave up weeks ago.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
9b1deb4d-3b7d-4bad-9bdd-2
I'm just here to laugh and pile it on OP
Thee University
The idiots who posted here and others that thought about it need to pitch in and pay for a statue of Brewer on campus.

Thank God only a small percentage of our fanbase are like you losers!
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
IowaBear
Thee University said:

The idiots who posted here and others that thought about it need to pitch in and pay for a statue of Brewer on campus.

A statue for Brewer? Jesus you say some idiotic things. Are we gonna put a statue up for Nick Florence too? Charlie played GREAT tonight. You apparently have short term memory has he laid about 5 eggs in a row
Thee University
IowaBear said:

Thee University said:

A statue for Brewer? Jesus you say some idiotic things. Are we gonna put a statue up for Nick Florence too? Charlie played GREAT tonight. You apparently have short term memory has he laid about 5 eggs in a row
He is #2 on Baylor's career passing yardage list behind only RG3. If he comes back next year he will likely be #1.

He's given much more than most to try to lead Baylor and has overcome debilitating injuries and harsh fan criticism.

He won't get a statue from you limp-wrists or Baylor but he will be held in high regard by TRUE football fans.
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
Michibear
IowaBear said:

Thee University said:

IowaBear
Thee University said:

IowaBear said:

Thee University said:

He is #2 on Baylor's career passing yardage list behind only RG3. If he comes back next year he will likely be #1.

He's given much more than most to try to lead Baylor and has overcome debilitating injuries and harsh fan criticism.

He won't get a statue from you limp-wrists or Baylor but he will be held in high regard by TRUE football fans.

Whose not holding him in high regard? I've stated over an over I'm proud of what he's done for BU as he bleeds green/gold. However I've also said he's the 5th best QB this decade and that's a fact
BUGWBBear
blackie said:

Try porous as hell. Ghosts, mostly. Thank God our D finally did it's job with under 5 min to play.
BUletters
Where are the 7 negative posters from 7:00-7:50 pm tonight who were spitting on this team.
Is this a great BU team? No, but that was a courageous win.
TOBear
Doak,
I agree with you!
bear2be2
Thee University said:

IowaBear said:

Thee University said:

I love Charlie Brewer. I may be this board's biggest CB apologist.

Nothing that could happen this season will ever make me question his heart, toughness or leadership.

I've never been happier for another person than I am for Chuck Brewer and Dave Aranda tonight.
bear2be2
IowaBear said:

Thee University said:

IowaBear said:

Thee University said:

Whose not holding him in high regard? I've stated over an over I'm proud of what he's done for BU as he bleeds green/gold. However I've also said he's the 5th best QB this decade and that's a fact
Make those other five run a more traditional offense and see what their numbers look like. Charlie's had to learn and run two schemes that were far more demanding than what any of the Briles-era QBs ran.

Briles' scheme was ingenious, and his quarterbacks ran it well, so props to all of those guys for that. But none of his quarterbacks ever looked particularly good in an offense that required them to make reads and tight throws.
IowaBear
bear2be2 said:

IowaBear said:

Thee University said:

IowaBear said:

Thee University said:

Make those other five run a more traditional offense and see what their numbers look like. Charlie's had to learn and run two schemes that were far more demanding than what any of the Briles-era QBs ran.

Briles' scheme was ingenious, and his quarterbacks ran it well, so props to all of those guys for that. But none of his quarterbacks ever looked particularly good in an offense that required them to make reads and tight throws.

You lost me at make reads and tight throws. Love Charlie and his grit. That said he's always been scared to make throws into tight coverage and his reads are always his first guy or run. Those others were gunslingers who threw into tight windows and weren't afraid to go to the 2nd 3rd or 4th option.
hodedofome
bear2be2 said:

IowaBear said:

Thee University said:

IowaBear said:

Thee University said:

None of his quarterbacks ever played for a team in the NFL that was anything other than total dog$h!t. Redskins, Jets, Browns. No development. No coaching. No originality. Just throw them out there to the wolves and hope for the best.
BUbearinARK
Quote:

After being a Baylor fan over 25+ years, I've given up.
#toosoon
bear2be2
IowaBear said:

bear2be2 said:

IowaBear said:

Thee University said:

IowaBear said:

Thee University said:

You lost me at make reads and tight throws. Love Charlie and his grit. That said he's always been scared to make throws into tight coverage and his reads are always his first guy or run. Those others were gunslingers who threw into tight windows and weren't afraid to go to the 2nd 3rd or 4th option.
Charlie entered this season with a career passer rating that was virtually identical to Jarrett Stidham's at Auburn. His body of work is far more than what he's shown this year with an offensive coordinator that until tonight had shown no idea how to use him.
bear2be2
hodedofome said:

bear2be2 said:

IowaBear said:

Thee University said:

IowaBear said:

Thee University said:

None of his quarterbacks ever played for a team in the NFL that was anything other than total dog$h!t. Redskins, Jets, Browns. No development. No coaching. No originality. Just throw them out there to the wolves and hope for the best.
That sounds a lot like an excuse.

I love all of those guys and appreciate what they did for Baylor, but they were very poorly equipped to succeed in the NFL.
IowaBear
bear2be2 said:

hodedofome said:

bear2be2 said:

IowaBear said:

Thee University said:

IowaBear said:

Thee University said:

I love all of those guys and appreciate what they did for Baylor, but they were very poorly equipped to succeed in the NFL.

I don't know if those are excuse. I mean RG3 was rookie of the year until the Redskibs ruined his career. The Jets make a living out of ruining QBs. Petty had no shot to succeed. Those guys made the NFL. Charlie won't sniff the NFL and rightfully so. Not a dog but it's just not happening for him
bear2be2
IowaBear said:

bear2be2 said:

hodedofome said:

bear2be2 said:

IowaBear said:

Thee University said:

IowaBear said:

Thee University said:

I don't know if those are excuse. I mean RG3 was rookie of the year until the Redskibs ruined his career. The Jets make a living out of ruining QBs. Petty had no shot to succeed. Those guys made the NFL. Charlie won't sniff the NFL and rightfully so. Not a dog but it's just not happening for him
Griffin was rookie of the year running a dumbed down offense that was going to get him killed eventually. In fact, he was injured at the end of that year. He's never shown much in a true pro-style offense.

And Petty's biggest problem was that he never learned how to read a defense. Playing for the Jets only ensured that he never would. But great NFL quarterbacks arrive in the NFL with certain skills that Briles' QBs were never asked to develop.

And I agree on Charlie. I'm not saying he'll play in the NFL. Just that he's run offenses that have required him to learn and refine skills that Briles' QBs never had to bother with.
SIC EM 94
IowaBear said:

bear2be2 said:

IowaBear said:

Thee University said:

IowaBear said:

Thee University said:

Every now and then you should learn to just STFU you little Iowa clown.
IowaBear
SIC EM 94 said:

IowaBear said:

bear2be2 said:

IowaBear said:

Thee University said:

IowaBear said:

Thee University said:

Ahh another internet tough guy running his mouth behind a screen... classic
SIC EM 94
IowaBear said:

SIC EM 94 said:

IowaBear said:

bear2be2 said:

IowaBear said:

Thee University said:

IowaBear said:

Thee University said:

If you'd ever show your ass at an actual game I've got a ticket for ya.
IowaBear
SIC EM 94 said:

IowaBear said:

SIC EM 94 said:

IowaBear said:

bear2be2 said:

IowaBear said:

Thee University said:

IowaBear said:

Thee University said:

I go every year to a game. You've got nothing for me. What you do have is the ability to be 6'5 and bulletproof behind a keyboard so props to ya on that.
SIC EM 94
IowaBear said:

SIC EM 94 said:

IowaBear said:

SIC EM 94 said:

IowaBear said:

bear2be2 said:

IowaBear said:

Thee University said:

IowaBear said:

Thee University said:

I go every year to a game. You've got nothing for me. What you do have is the ability to be 6'5 and bulletproof behind a keyboard so props to ya on that.

"A game"...impressive. Let me know which one you have penciled in for next year.
IowaBear
SIC EM 94 said:

IowaBear said:

SIC EM 94 said:

IowaBear said:

SIC EM 94 said:

IowaBear said:

bear2be2 said:

IowaBear said:

Thee University said:

IowaBear said:

Thee University said:

"A game"...impressive. Let me know which one you have penciled in for next year.

Well being that I live in Iowa it's not exactly easy to make every game. And what are ya gonna do?? Find me a try to beat me up ? LOL you're a pathetic excuse of a human being
SIC EM 94
IowaBear said:

SIC EM 94 said:

IowaBear said:

SIC EM 94 said:

IowaBear said:

SIC EM 94 said:

IowaBear said:

bear2be2 said:

IowaBear said:

Thee University said:

IowaBear said:

Thee University said:

Well being that I live in Iowa it's not exactly easy to make every game. And what are ya gonna do?? Find me a try to beat me up ? LOL you're a pathetic excuse of a human being

No I'm not gonna beat you up. I'm going to drink a few beers with you and walk you through what it's like to be a Baylor fan for 40+ years. Being a fan is not posting like a teenage girl over and over in a down year and bad mouthing players who love their university and teammates. Players who have busted their ass, win or lose, for all of us. I know you didn't go to Baylor, and being a "fan" is great, but you don't have the right to sh*t on the program and individual players...ever.
IowaBear
SIC EM 94 said:

IowaBear said:

SIC EM 94 said:

IowaBear said:

SIC EM 94 said:

IowaBear said:

SIC EM 94 said:

IowaBear said:

bear2be2 said:

IowaBear said:

Thee University said:

IowaBear said:

Thee University said:

No I'm not gonna beat you up. I'm going to drink a few beers with you and walk you through what it's like to be a Baylor fan for 40+ years. Being a fan is not posting like a teenage girl over and over in a down year and bad mouthing players who love their university and teammates. Players who have busted their ass, win or lose, for all of us. I know you didn't go to Baylor, and being a "fan" is great, but you don't have the right to sh*t on the program and individual players...ever.

Haha I have the right to be frustrated and upset with the program. I have the right to voice my opinions and frustrations. I Tonight I applauded the effort of Charlie and the team for a much much needed win. If you're going to get on my ass about being down on the product this year you got about 50 other posters whose asses you need to be on..... and yes I'll take you up on that Beer because I'm always down to talk BU sports whether they're 0-12 or 12-0
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.