Football
Sponsored by

Given Up

3,507 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TeamPlayer
Stefano DiMera
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Prob with this board is youve got a majority of posters who never played a sport or even lettered in high school that think a 17-6 deficit in football..or basketball for that matter..is insurmountable..
IowaBear
Stefano DiMera said:

Prob with this board is youve got a majority of posters who never played a sport or even lettered in high school that think a 17-6 deficit in football..or basketball for that matter..is insurmountable..

Can't speak for everyone but the deficit was never insurmountable in my eyes because it was KSU.
bear2be2
Stefano DiMera said:

I'm a lot of things, but I'm not a quitter. I watch every game to the bitter end.

I stayed until the Baylor Line during the Steele era, for crying out loud. That's borderline masochism.
proudbear
BaylorBear21 said:

After being a Baylor fan over 25+ years, I've given up. Every other team has had to play with Covid-19, lack of practice, and other different things, but this is pitiful. Don't be surprised when we lose another 3+ recruits and we kiss our other QB's goodbye.

No you are wrong. Not every other team started the season with a completely new coaching staff that had no time to implement and practice their plays much less getting to know and communicate with their new team by zoom only! I would say this is a HUGE disadvantage!
Stefano DiMera
Were all frustrated by this season..im willing to give a pass...i dont think OSU or OU are off the table at all..
Timbear
Sic em, hang on. Aranda's coaching decisions are not validated by a 2-7 season, no matter how good this win was tonight. Not playing more QB's will have consequences next year and the next. However, If Baylor plays against OSU like they did in the 2nd half tonight, we've got a chance.
BaylorRocks
Timbear said:

Sic em, hang on. Aranda's coaching decisions are not validated by a 2-7 season, no matter how good this win was tonight. Not playing more QB's will have consequences next year and the next. However, If Baylor plays against OSU like they did in the 2nd half tonight, we've got a chance.
It is right to enjoy the win. But, agreeing with you, I suggest no one lose sight of the facts:
  • 2 - 5
  • Second worse team, statistically across the board, in the Big12
  • One half of play does not make a hero of anyone

Any team can catch lightning in a bottle for one half of a football game. The facts remain, though, that this Baylor team plays very poorly and the handsomely paid coaching staff is failing miserably at this point of their Baylor tenure.

Sic'em
BellCountyBear
Because ya know, it's 2020, this whole college football season is kind of irrelevant. Except for aggy...they are already cutting the letters for their next "national championship".
guadalupeoso
Well, bye.
BearlyBeloved
BellCountyBear said:

Because ya know, it's 2020, this whole college football season is kind of irrelevant. Except for aggy...they are already cutting the letters for their next "national championship".
How will the Aggies spell it?

Nashunal Chumpions?

Dia del DougO

The win was nice, but the problems and concerns Baylor football and its fans are having didn't stop because of a last second field goal.

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
TeamPlayer
BUletters said:

Where are the 7 negative posters from 7:00-7:50 pm tonight who were spitting on this team.
Is this a great BU team? No, but that was a courageous win.
Never pump out posts during the middle of a game unless it has clearly been decided. But I think I sent a couple of alarming texts to friends when it was 30-0 TCU a few weeks ago.
TeamPlayer
Stefano DiMera said:

i dont think OSU or OU are off the table at all..
Agree. Isn't that crazy? As ugly as 3-6 would be (or could we maybe schedule a last game vs. FCS on champ weekend?), beating OU or OSU would restore a schtickle of hope.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.