Football
Sponsored by

Baylor and Oklahoma Line

1,360 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Jorkel
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Oklahoma -23.5
chorne68
Put this on the wall in the players locker room. I hope this gets them fired up. Bet the farm we will cover/
Stefano DiMera
Thats ridiculous
IowaBear
Why is it ridiculous ? If we had played OU early in the year I'd agree. They're a totally different team right now then they were 1 month ago. I could see them winning by 30 plus. Would love to be wrong but I'm not getting why people are so flabbergasted by that spread. Seems more then reasonable
Stefano DiMera
That is Art Briles era Baylor team vs Kansas spread...OU is not Art Briles Baylor good..and were not Kansas bad..
ImABearToo
We will put up points if Fedora learned anything in the 2nd half against KSU. Surely by now he can see the type of offense CB & Co are capable of running. That said, holding OU under 50 is the real struggle given our defensive issues of late. 25% crowd in Norman gives me hope.
IowaBear
Stefano DiMera said:

That is Art Briles era Baylor team vs Kansas spread...OU is not Art Briles Baylor good..and were not Kansas bad..

Actually Art was favored by I believe 48 against KU in 2014. At the time that was the highest spread ever between two power 5 teams. So not even close. It's a 3 TD spread. There's probably 5-10 games this weekend that will have spreads similar to the Oau/BU game
BaylorRocks
gobears20 said:

Oklahoma -23.5
Very likely that the final results will be worse. Take OU..........
IowaBear
62-28, 62-9, 41-13 are the scores of OU's games since Perkins/Stevenson returned from suspensions. They're going to score a ton against us as much as I don't like admitting that. The second half against KSU gives me hope we can score a bit against them. There's also the chance that half was an outlier and we get blitzed
Jorkel
I think we only lose by 21.5
ImABearToo
Counting on Aranda and Fedora to put in a wrinkle or two that OU might not be expecting. Something only the best offensive and defensive minds in the game would come up with.

Never mind!
BearlyBeloved
We've got to rattle Spencer. He does make mistakes.
Task Force 2015
  • IowaBear mentioned that OU now has its best defender Perkins.Unfortunately,we no longer have Bernard.That has to account for a chunk of the spread.Also,Rattler has improved with experience.
IowaBear
Task Force 2015 said:

• IowaBear mentioned that OU now has its best defender Perkins.Unfortunately,we no longer have Bernard.That has to account for a chunk of the spread.Also,Rattler has improved with experience.

Bingo I didn't realize just how good Perkins is but he makes them way better. Our o line already sucks. He could have a monster day. As far as Rattler you're correct he gets better and better weekly. It'll be tough and I'd love to be wrong but if we keep it under a 20 point game I'll be very happy
Johnny Bear
Let's keep in mind what a "spread" actually is. It's the number of points the sports book people have to offer to entice roughly equal amounts of betting on either side of the line. Given how this season has gone, if you're going to achieve getting half of the dollars bet on this game to go to Baylor, that's probably about right for the number of points you're going to have to give out of the gate.
big tuna
My primary hope for covering the spread lies in us having a coach who beat OU less than a year ago (something Rhule can never say). I hope the recency of that game bodes well and that he's able to, at least defensively, prepare the team well for what they're about to face.
Jorkel
big tuna said:

My primary hope for covering the spread lies in us having a coach who beat OU less than a year ago (something Rhule can never say). I hope the recency of that game bodes well and that he's able to, at least defensively, prepare the team well for what they're about to face.

He was also working with a lot of NFL caliber players at LSU
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.