Baylor Football

Watch: Jeff Grimes sits down to discuss decision to leave for Baylor

January 9, 2021

New Baylor Offensive Coordinator Jeff Grimes sat down with Voice of the Bears John Morris after his arrival in Waco to discuss his decision to join Dave Aranda in Waco and lead the offense.

Discussion from...

Watch: Jeff Grimes sits down to discuss decision to leave for Baylor

13,995 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BamaGoose
BamaGoose
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I just saw John Morris' interview with Jeff Grimes. My gosh, I you take time to see that interview you will have renewed enthusiasm for '21 Bears. I encourage you to see that interview and jump for joy that Coach Aranda has landed such a great guy. very, very impressed!
BaylorDad79
Wow...what an outstanding get for Baylor. Coach Grimes seems to have the perfect combination of life priorities (God-Family-Work balance). I love his description of his offense as RVO. I hope our offense (OL in particular) picks up that culture as quickly as possible. Welcome to Baylor and Sic'Em Coach Grimes!!!
BU Rufus
Wow did we get lucky. Grimes is the perfect fit for Baylor. What jumps out most is that he is quick and decisive to describe his crystal clear vision and strategy for the offense. Means the players will get it too. No doubt they will thrive with him. Hope he loves BU as much as he is indicating so that he is around for a long, long while. Thanks for sharing the interview.
Saddle Up!
Wow! What a fantastic interview with a coach I believe that our players will want to go to war with, and capture and execute his vision. I know that I would.
Bearicade
He will be a head coach VERY soon...
I know you believe you understand what I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!
Ewalker80
Bearicade said:

He will be a head coach VERY soon...

That was my first thought exactly. I can't recall ever being more impressed with hearing a coach talk for the first time, and matt rhule was a master class communicator. I will be shocked if coach grimes is not a head coach in college or wherever he wants to coach in the near future. He is impressive in literally every way that should matter to baylor fans. Can't wait to see how it translates to the field. Speaks volumes of Aranda (and Mack) that he chose to bring him here. Just like it did that he kept Joey and Shawn and wetzel.
boognish_bear
Great interview. I hope everyone in the forum catches this video. Wow....what an incredible hire all the way around.

Inject it into my veins!
canoso
Baylor, please, please, please don't screw this up!
Timbear
8-4 this year.
BamaGoose
Can you imagine having 17-18 YO son who is wrestling with college football choices and you meet this man?
My wife cant spell f-o-o-t-b-a-l-l and doesn't give a rip but I prompted her to listen to the interview. Her response: "when is the first game?"
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.