Football
Sponsored by

RG3 released by Ravens

13,418 Views | 100 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Aliceinbubbleland
Beaneater
How long do you want to ignore this user?
He says he hopes to play till he's 40, wants to be a starter, still has plenty of time to achieve his goals.

Robert Griffin III released by Baltimore Ravens (247sports.com)
Dia del DougO
He should be able to find a spot as a backup, hopefully a situation where he could challenge. Probably a good time to move on.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
bear2be2
Beaneater said:

He says he hopes to play till he's 40, wants to be a starter, still has plenty of time to achieve his goals.

Robert Griffin III released by Baltimore Ravens (247sports.com)

I can't imagine he has too many chances left. He's a backup caliber quarterback who can't stay healthy. If he was able to avoid the injury tent, he'd be a nice guy to have around, but his body type and way he plays makes that virtually impossible.
BaylorFan1234321
Wish him the best, hopefully another team is feeling generous and willing to give him another chance.
BaseballBear1108
Dia del DougO said:

He should be able to find a spot as a backup, hopefully a situation where he could challenge. Probably a good time to move on.
I hope he does. But that last start he had vs. the Steelers looked brutal. Hopefully it was because of rust and missing key players due to covid.
EvilTroyAndAbed
He's not a starting QB anymore. He's not even a Ryan Fitzpatrick-type backup because Fitzpatrick can still give you a great game.

RG3's knee just killed him. I think someone will grab him as a backup, but I saw all I needed to see this year to know he's never going to be a consistent starter again. Still has a pretty great life.
TXSVT
He's now a full time SJW and Woke spokes person, too busy for football. We all know how oppressed his life has been, especially by white women.
BaylorFan1234321
I would like to see him play again, but I don't think it's even possible for him to play on that old rookie Redski- I mean Washington Football Team level ever again.
boognish_bear
If you look at some of the backups across the league there's not much to write home about. I figure if he's content being a back up and can stay healthy he can hang around for a long time.

Maybe he should look at Philly. They seem to have a mess in the QB room.
Jorkel
Houston and that disaster is going to need a starting QB and probably back up.
BaylorFan1234321
boognish_bear said:

If you look at some of the backups across the league there's not much to write home about. I figure if he's content being a back up and can stay healthy he can hang around for a long time.

Jalen Hurts looked pretty promising towards the end of the season, I think he's the solution.
boognish_bear
BaylorFan1234321 said:

boognish_bear said:

Jalen Hurts looked pretty promising towards the end of the season, I think he's the solution.
He looked better than I thought he would. It seems like Eagle braintrust is still holding out hope for Carson.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/eagles-prefer-coaching-candidates-who-favor-carson-wentz-over-jalen-hurts
Dia del DougO
BaylorFan1234321 said:

boognish_bear said:

The fecals organization doesn't seem to feel that way, apparently, according to "reports," though you know how reliable that is.

I'm not sure either is the answer.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
RegentCoverup
I'm glad he made it in the league and fulfilled his dreams.

More than anyone, I give him credit for turning our program around.

SicEm RG3!
This site leaks private information to Baylor Regents and Administration
Dia del DougO
I hope either way he's able to keep up with his child support and alimony.
Courtesy_Flush
I think he is going to have a hard time finding a role as a starter in the league. He has a stigma about him that many organization find unappealing. People still remember how things went down in Washington. He might be able to get a back up spot on the Texans or Jets.
boognish_bear
Courtesy_Flush said:

He might be able to get a back up spot on the Texans or Jets.

RG3 to Mims would be fun
CaliByWayOfKS
Assuming he's a cheap priced backup due to his realistic value, I'd be interested to see him under Andy Reid backing up Mahomes.
You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Golden Helmet
You're such a Richard....
Jorkel
CaliByWayOfKS said:

Assuming he's a cheap priced backup due to his realistic value, I'd be interested to see him under Andy Reid backing up Mahomes.

He is pretty cheap.. I think he has been getting paid like 1-2 mill a year
Jack Bauer
Jorkel said:

CaliByWayOfKS said:

$2M this year.

Some guys can live like kings as long term NFL backups if their ego is ok with it.
Thee University
Jack Bauer said:

Jorkel said:

CaliByWayOfKS said:

$2M this year.

Some guys can live like kings as long term NFL backups if their ego is ok with it.
Absolutely.

I can name a number of Baylor QBs that came out just fine holding a clipboard on the sidelines and being scout team QBs.
Jorkel
Jack Bauer said:

Jorkel said:

CaliByWayOfKS said:

$2M this year.

Chase Daniels ..greatest to ever do it.
Jack Bauer
Jorkel said:

Jack Bauer said:

Jorkel said:

CaliByWayOfKS said:

$2M this year.

Get paid $1m to hold a clipboard and throw balls in practice without getting clobbered by 300lbs lineman - beats working at Target.
BaylorFan1234321
boognish_bear said:

Courtesy_Flush said:

He might be able to get a back up spot on the Texans or Jets.

RG3 to Mims would be fun
Jets are probably drafting a QB and benching Darnold, I don't think that they would sign him.
Shakesbear
Jorkel said:

Jack Bauer said:

Jorkel said:

CaliByWayOfKS said:

$2M this year.

Oliver Luck did it with the Oilers for years. Went to law school and passed the bar while holding the clip board. Life off the field has worked out well for him
Retreat Hell! We just got here! The 2/5
Jorkel
Shakesbear said:

Jorkel said:

Jack Bauer said:

Jorkel said:

CaliByWayOfKS said:

$2M this year.

Oliver Luck did it with the Oilers for years. Went to law school and passed the bar while holding the clip board. Life off the field has worked out well for him

Yah but Chase Daniels went undrafted and has made more than $45 million dollars during a 10+ year career throwing less than 300 passes and is a super bowl champion...would be 2 but he asked to leave the eagles the year they won. He is my hero.
tallman1
You don't have to be oppressed to advocate for the oppressed (I used oppressed because that's the word you used). There is nothing wrong with those with a voice and a platform to speak on behalf of those who don't have a voice or platform. Why is this seen as a bad thing? Really, why?
DAC
tallman1 said:

You don't have to be oppressed to advocate for the oppressed (I used oppressed because that's the word you used). There is nothing wrong with those with a voice and a platform to speak on behalf of those who don't have a voice or platform. Why is this seen as a bad thing? Really, why?

Because none of those clowns are oppressed
Jorkel
DAC said:

tallman1 said:

Because none of those clowns are oppressed

Oh...They aren't?
tallman1
You either didn't understand my comment and question to you or you chose not to acknowledge what I was saying or address what I was asking. Again, you don't have to be oppressed to speak up and stand up for those who are oppressed (again your choice of word, not mine). If those who have the prosperity, popularity, power, & platform don't do it, who will? The stance that "if you are successful & rich, then you have no right to speak out on the issues like systematic racism, discrimination, and being targeted" is a pretty weak & lazy argument in my opinion. You do know that a lot of these successful people that made it still have in some form experienced those things, have family members, friends, or just want to do something to better this world (it's their choice how they choose to contribute or not). The days of be quiet and dribble, be quiet and pass/catch/run are a thing of the past. Again, why is it a bad thing??
Ten Bears
bear2be2 said:

I can't imagine he has too many chances left. He's a backup caliber quarterback who can't stay healthy. If he was able to avoid the injury tent, he'd be a nice guy to have around, but his body type and way he plays makes that virtually impossible.
I think this is exactly right. He's been hurt too many times. Not seriously lately but it's always something. Whenever I see him in a game, I'm wondering how many more plays before he gets hurt. Coaches in the league have to be thinking that too. I would not be surprised if he's taken his last NFL snap.
Timbear
I thought he would go to Law School after football.
BaylorRocks
He's got a pretty strong "me" game on Twitter. Maybe that can turn lucrative.

Sic'em
McCavebear
I don't like the Ravens. Didn't like seeing RG3 in their uniform. Maybe he will land as a backup in New Orleans or even Las Vegas.
McCavebear Lives!
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.