Football
Sponsored by

RG3 released by Ravens

13,417 Views | 100 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Aliceinbubbleland
BluesBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Everyone is free to an opinion. Everyone is free to agree or disagree. While RG3 is a great ambassador for Baylor, he is not the role model I want my kid to follow....

That shouldn't make someone a racist.
chorne68
I love RG3 . He and CAB are the reason we have the beautiful stadium we now have. With out these two men we would probably still be the laughing stock of the Big 12. Any one not believing that has no brain.
Guy Noir
tallman1 said:

You either didn't understand my comment and question to you or you chose not to acknowledge what I was saying or address what I was asking. Again, you don't have to be oppressed to speak up and stand up for those who are oppressed (again your choice of word, not mine). If those who have the prosperity, popularity, power, & platform don't do it, who will? The stance that "if you are successful & rich, then you have no right to speak out on the issues like systematic racism, discrimination, and being targeted" is a pretty weak & lazy argument in my opinion. You do know that a lot of these successful people that made it still have in some form experienced those things, have family members, friends, or just want to do something to better this world (it's their choice how they choose to contribute or not). The days of be quiet and dribble, be quiet and pass/catch/run are a thing of the past. Again, why is it a bad thing??
It is bad logic. To advocate that Blacks are oppressed while being a a Black that has not been oppressed is contrary logic.. Since the 1960's and the Equal Rights Amendment and EEOC Blacks have permeated our society into numerous successful positions. The oppressed story is getting old.to some of us who have encouraged EEOC for the last 50 years.
Mitch Henessey
Guy Noir said:

tallman1 said:

You either didn't understand my comment and question to you or you chose not to acknowledge what I was saying or address what I was asking. Again, you don't have to be oppressed to speak up and stand up for those who are oppressed (again your choice of word, not mine). If those who have the prosperity, popularity, power, & platform don't do it, who will? The stance that "if you are successful & rich, then you have no right to speak out on the issues like systematic racism, discrimination, and being targeted" is a pretty weak & lazy argument in my opinion. You do know that a lot of these successful people that made it still have in some form experienced those things, have family members, friends, or just want to do something to better this world (it's their choice how they choose to contribute or not). The days of be quiet and dribble, be quiet and pass/catch/run are a thing of the past. Again, why is it a bad thing??
It is bad logic. To advocate that Blacks are oppressed while being a a Black that has not been oppressed is contrary logic.. Since the 1960's and the Equal Rights Amendment and EEOC Blacks have permeated our society into numerous successful positions. The oppressed story is getting old.to some of us who have encouraged EEOC for the last 50 years.
To act as though racism all of the sudden disappeared with the passage of a piece of legislation is naive, at best. At worst, it's something much more insidious.

And let's be clear, while the Equal Rights Amendment was a landmark act and long overdue, it didn't undo 350 years of systematic oppression. It simply made it illegal to continue that oppression. It didn't level the playing field and start everyone over at zero. The ruling race in this country still had the benefit of a 350-year head start, and that gap has only widened over the past 50 years.

Maybe the older generations feel as though they have taken equality as far as they are willing or able to take it. That's fine, but if that's the case, step aside and let the younger generations take up the mantle. Don't continue to impede racial progress and reconciliation because of a misguided sense of the work already being finished.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Mitch Henessey said:

Guy Noir said:

tallman1 said:

To act as though racism all of the sudden disappeared with the passage of a piece of legislation is naive, at best. At worst, it's something much more insidious.

And let's be clear, while the Equal Rights Amendment was a landmark act and long overdue, it didn't undo 350 years of systematic oppression. It simply made it illegal to continue that oppression. It didn't level the playing field and start everyone over at zero. The ruling race in this country still had the benefit of a 350-year head start, and that gap has only widened over the past 50 years.

Maybe the older generations feel as though they have taken equality as far as they are willing or able to take it. That's fine, but if that's the case, step aside and let the younger generations take up the mantle. Don't continue to impede racial progress and reconciliation because of a misguided sense of the work already being finished.
The United States recently elected a black man TWICE to be our President. This is with less than 14 percent of our population being black. The most senior member of the United States Supreme Court is a black man.

You can continue with the systemic racism crap if you would like, but you are wrong. The United States is NOT a racist country.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Mitch Henessey
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Mitch Henessey said:

Guy Noir said:

tallman1 said:

The United States recently elected a black man TWICE to be our President. This is with less than 14 percent of our population being black. The most senior member of the United States Supreme Court is a black man.

You can continue with the systemic racism crap if you would like, but you are wrong. The United States is NOT a racist country.
I know your schtick is to act uber right wing, but surely you don't believe that the existence of two high-acheiving black men means we've eliminated racism. The fact that those men achieved what they did in spite of the obstacles in front of them is even more remarkable than if you or I had accomplished those things.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Mitch Henessey said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Mitch Henessey said:

Guy Noir said:

tallman1 said:

I know your schtick is to act uber right wing, but surely you don't believe that the existence of two high-acheiving black men means we've eliminated racism. The fact that those men achieved what they did in spite of the obstacles in front of them is even more remarkable than if you or I had accomplished those things.
Am not saying racism has been eliminated. It never will be completely eliminated anywhere in the world. What I am suggesting is to quit trying to find racism in every single thing. It is sickening. I get angry that so many on the ultra Liberal Left treat all black people as victims that are unable to do for themselves without a helping hand. It is demeaning in my opinion and simply not true.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Doc Holliday
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Mitch Henessey said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Mitch Henessey said:

Guy Noir said:

tallman1 said:

Am not saying racism has been eliminated. It never will be completely eliminated anywhere in the world. What I am suggesting is to quit trying to find racism in every single thing. It is sickening. I get angry that so many on the ultra Liberal Left treat all black people as victims that are unable to do for themselves without a helping hand. It is demeaning in my opinion and simply not true.
Agreed. The soft bigotry of low expectations is out of control.

It's getting to the point where it's becoming a self fulfilling prophecy: if you don't think you can make it in a system, you won't even try. All the narratives about our country being oppressive, racist and awful is quite literally making it so and people with good intentions don't even realize the mechanism at play.

The only real solution is and always has been judgment at the individual level because every type of person that exists, exists in every race.
OldBurlyBear86
Dont go all MLK on us.

To do that will remove the victim factor that so many old fat white people cling to.

I will always choose to be a victim, circumstances provided.
BayouCity
This thread probably needs to be locked. It's serving no constructive purpose at this point.
Beaneater
BayouCity said:

This thread probably needs to be locked. It's serving no constructive purpose at this point.
I agree and I started this thing. And I'm sorry I did.
historian
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

I'm glad he made it in the league and fulfilled his dreams.

More than anyone, I give him credit for turning our program around.

SicEm RG3!

He did the same for the Redskins his rookie year. If did not last but it was a great yearuntil they injury. That's the only year I really cared much about the NFL beyond the success of former Baylor players.
BUGWBBear
So to fix the derailment this thread has taken. Any news on prospects? Or has he officially retired?
boognish_bear
BUGWBBear said:

So to fix the derailment this thread has taken. Any news on prospects? Or has he officially retired?

I believe he is still looking. about a month ago he was trying to drop some hints that he wanted the Cowboys to take a look at him.
BaylorFan1234321
It's a possibility, he might be able to beat out Andy Dalton for the backup.
boognish_bear
BaylorFan1234321 said:

Dalton signed with the Chicago Bears.

I've seen some buzz about Gilbert or Colt McCoy maybe.
Mitch Blood Green
BaylorFan1234321 said:

Dalton is Bears starter. (Kill me)
cowach
Considering his injuries but also his NFL experience, if RGIII was in this year's draft, where would he be taken?
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
https://insidethestar.com/should-robert-griffin-iii-be-a-backup-qb-option-for-cowboys/

" Like last year, the Cowboys may be waiting to pull the trigger on a free agent QB until after the 2021 NFL Draft. They didn't sign Dalton until about a week after the draft last year and could be holding off on Griffin, Alex Smith, or any other veteran options until they see how this draft unfolds.

Waiting is a dangerous game, of course, with 31 other teams to worry about. If Dallas doesn't strike soon on one of these veteran passers, they may be stuck hoping for the best from their in-house options.

Only Mike McCarthy and Kellen Moore can say for sure how much value is seen Robert Griffin III for the Cowboys. But as long as he's seen as a scheme fit, Griffin's experience and mobility make him one of the more attractive options left in free agency. Bringing the former Baylor star back to Texas could be a smart move for Dallas in 2021."
Dia del DougO
boognish_bear said:

Then a few months later, Shanahan destroyed his football future by playing him with a wrecked knee.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
boognish_bear
Looks like he is making a pitch for San Fran too

McCavebear
Back up for Chiefs would be good for RG3.
McCavebear Lives!
Aliceinbubbleland
https://www.nfl.com/news/rgiii-kirk-cousins-cashing-checks-vikings-not-real-happy-kellen-mond-pick
boognish_bear
Aliceinbubbleland said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/rgiii-kirk-cousins-cashing-checks-vikings-not-real-happy-kellen-mond-pick

There must be some beef there. Usually don't hear an active player calling out another player.
Aliceinbubbleland
Yep. Cousins replaced him at DC
Bear8084
boognish_bear said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

There must be some beef there. Usually don't hear an active player calling out another player.

Probably so, but as a Vikes fan...he ain't wrong.
boognish_bear
Aliceinbubbleland said:

Yep. Cousins replaced him at DC

I hope he does not cost himself any job opportunities saying something like that.

A team would certainly want to know that their back up QB is going to be a team player.
Pecos 45
He was great during his rookie season when he won Rookie of the Year, but he has never been the same since that knee injury.
I keep hoping he'll find a way to get on the field, because he sure gave his all for Baylor, and put our football program on the map after years of futility.

The haters on here need to show us their NCAA and NFL stats.
Then they can talk.

Go RGIII !!!
“If you have a job without aggravations, you don’t have a job.”
Malcolm Forbes
boognish_bear
He's not missing any days in the gym

Aliceinbubbleland
BYE said:

He's now a full time SJW and Woke spokes person, too busy for football. We all know how oppressed his life has been, especially by white women.
WHUT? And you got 17 positive responsive? The guy gave us the best memories ever and good positive national recognization.

And we built him a statue.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.