Football
Sponsored by

Super Bowl Commercials

3,338 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BaylorRocks
BellCountyBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Eye roller of the night award goes to...

Jeep w/Bruce Springsteen and the "Reunited States of America" we can now enjoy because that ****er Trump is out of office.

At least that was my takeaway.
HarryMehre
Was that Bruce Springsteen? I thought it was some 2-bit character actor they found.

Would have been more impressed with the "all come together" message last Super Bowl.
SoonerFrogs
Losers gonna be losers. Who cares.
BUGWBBear
T-Mobile probably took the ones for funniest. Particularly the one with Brady and Gronk, which came on at the tail end of the Phoenix Open.

Hopefully they replayed it during the SB. Skipped out during HT, so not sure.
Baylor3216
BellCountyBear said:

Jeep w/Bruce Springsteen and the "Reunited States of America" we can now enjoy because that ****er Trump is out of office.

How do These companies piss off half the country or more and think that helps their bottom line? I LMAO'd at that commercial.
Mitch Henessey
Baylor3216 said:

BellCountyBear said:

How do These companies piss off half the country or more and think that helps their bottom line? I LMAO'd at that commercial.
Do you really think half the country was triggered over a Jeep commercial? Talk about your snowflakes
KajunKarlsdad
Baylor3216 said:

BellCountyBear said:

And the ones they piss off are the most likely to want to buy a Jeep product. The liberal tree huggers want green energy and love their little Prius.
Jacques Strap
I'd prefer more comedy and less preaching but that's just me.
My favorite by far.

Jayman1963
BellCountyBear said:

Jeep completely negated the intended message by using Springsteen. The only thing he is "middle" in is the center of the liberal Hollywood/music industry.
Jacques Strap
BellCountyBear said:

+1 When this guy preaches to me about the meeting in the middle I just roll my eyes like you.

BUbackerinET
One word: lame
Jayman1963
BUbackerinET said:

Might have been the worst year ever for the SB commercials - not many funny commercials
Dia del DougO
It's long past time for this to stop being a thing.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
CorsicanaBear
Quote:

Correct. Frankly I usually mute the TV when commercials come on,

• Tons and tons of back story and fluff pumping NFL initiatives, recognizing players for public service, telling us how nice they all are, pushing what ever the agenda du jour is etc. Just play football. If you can't or won't do that, just give me the exact time the game will actually kick off and I'll keep the TV off until then.
  • Halftime shows. Please, get rid of them, entirely. If you can't do that, please tell me the exact time of the 2nd half kickoff so I'll know when to turn the TV back on.
Illigitimus non carborundum
BUbackerinET
Yes, thee halftime show too. Flipped it to another show for that 15 minutes, then flipped back worked perfectly.
br53
BUbackerinET said:

Yes, thee halftime show too. Flipped it to another show for that 15 minutes, then flipped back worked perfectly.
Bunch of dudes running around with jock straps on their head.
Guy Noir
br53 said:

BUbackerinET said:

Bunch of dudes running around with jock straps on their head.
It was only 15 minutes? It seemed to go on forever. The guys with the jock straps on their heads was pretty silly.
RightRevBear
BUGWBBear said:

T-Mobile probably took the ones for funniest. Particularly the one with Brady and Gronk, which came on at the tail end of the Phoenix Open.

That one was hilarious. Overall, I thought the commercials were lacking this year. There were a few funny ones. I like the Cheetos one with Shaggy, Mila, and Ashton. You probably have to be around my age to get it though. I liked the Alexa one with Michael B. Jordan. The T-Mobile one with Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton that carried over from the bad network theme of the Tom and Gronk commercial was ok. Nothing was awesome though.

Also, the SB definitely went low budget with the halftime show this year.
br53
RightRevBear said:

BUGWBBear said:

That one was hilarious. Overall, I thought the commercials were lacking this year. There were a few funny ones. I like the Cheetos one with Shaggy, Mila, and Ashton. You probably have to be around my age to get it though. I liked the Alexa one with Michael B. Jordan. The T-Mobile one with Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton that carried over from the bad network theme of the Tom and Gronk commercial was ok. Nothing was awesome though.

I was told by a colleague that the performer paid them $7 million to be able to have control of the show.
Dia del DougO
CorsicanaBear said:

Quote:

Correct. Frankly I usually mute the TV when commercials come on,

• Tons and tons of back story and fluff pumping NFL initiatives, recognizing players for public service, telling us how nice they all are, pushing what ever the agenda du jour is etc. Just play football. If you can't or won't do that, just give me the exact time the game will actually kick off and I'll keep the TV off until then.
  • Halftime shows. Please, get rid of them, entirely. If you can't do that, please tell me the exact time of the 2nd half kickoff so I'll know when to turn the TV back on.

Exactly. Make football football again.

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
Reverend
Tuned in at 5:15 to watch the game. Way too early.
Johnny Bear
Baylor3216 said:

BellCountyBear said:

The message (or at least strongly implied message) of that commercial that we're somehow now magically "reunited" because a coup installed imbecile dealing with the onset of dementia is now in the White House instead of Trump was especially asinine. Overall, the SB commercials were the worst ever, but that one took the cake.
bear2be2
br53 said:

RightRevBear said:

BUGWBBear said:

I was told by a colleague that the performer paid them $7 million to be able to have control of the show.
Apparently, the performers are given a budget. From what I read, it sounded like he paid an additional $7 million of his own money to make sure everything he had envisioned was included.
Dia del DougO
bear2be2 said:

br53 said:

RightRevBear said:

BUGWBBear said:

Apparently, the performers are given a budget. From what I read, it sounded like he paid an additional $7 million of his own money to make sure everything he had envisioned was included.
He certainly got shafted. It sucked.
Nguyen One Soon
Seemed like more CBS commercials than usual. Wonder if there were a lot of spots that didn't get sold. Didn't pay real close attention, but didn't see as many 'Woke' ads as I expected, other than from the NFL.
historian
Jayman1963 said:

BUbackerinET said:

Might have been the worst year ever for the SB commercials - not many funny commercials
I don't know, last year's ads seemed to be mostly terrible. At least this year, a couple were entertaining and the Toyota ad was actually inspiring.

Just watched the Jeep ad: it would have been far more appropriate 4 years ago. That was more about hope and freedom than anything we've seen over the past year from the fascists.
241Bear
Remember when the Super Bowl was a football game with a marching band at halftime?
BaylorHistory
CorsicanaBear said:

Women exist and millions of them watch the Super Bowl.
“People who live in glass houses...have to answer the door."
CorsicanaBear
Quote:

Women exist and millions of them watch the Super Bowl.
Seems like reach to blame everything on women. Most of the 20-30 something men I know are plugged into reality shows and like the drama. Or they are so involved with draft/recruiting that mock drafts, and recruiting boards are more important than actual games. Or they are totally divorced from actual games and only care about them as generators of statistics for their fantasy league (lots of women play fantasy football). Drama/Draft/Stats, all first order derivatives of football that get (cumulatively) more hours of coverage than the games themselves.

Dallas Cowboy's fans gave up on caring about football games long ago when the cowboys became just a reality show based on a football team.

For me, I just want to watch the games.
Illigitimus non carborundum
Jack Bauer
This game cannot get any worse.

I spoke too soon.

whitetrash
Jack Bauer said:

This game cannot get any worse.

I spoke too soon.

Amy Schumer is about the last person on earth to incite a need for mayonnaise jars.
BUGWBBear
"MOM!!!! WHERE ARE MY FOOTBALL PANTS?"

I laughed for 5 min on that last bit alone.
Media Bear
241Bear said:

Remember when the Super Bowl was a football game with a marching band at halftime?
Nope. Before my time ...

But apparently -- even the first Super Bowl (err ... AFL-NFL World Championship) had a bit of intermission chicanery.

Jetpacks!!!

SirBearALot
I wonder since it is 9 degrees outside and rolling blackouts if liberals in Texas think cutting off the Keystone pipeline is still a great idea ? No solar panel will work on days like this. And wind mills can only make do little electricity.. bbrrrhhh . I am burning fire wood and sending carbon emissions out to DFW.
SirBearALot
I wonder. ?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.