Football
Sponsored by

OU football player almost loses eye in brawl

7,207 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by RegentCoverup
Forest Bueller_bf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DancinBear09 said:

General rule of thumb is to not be an ******* and start fights...especially if the person you are picking a fight with has cauliflower ears.
Words to live by.

You just never know, even if they can't whip you, they can shoot you or stab you, you just never know.

This dude was acting like he owned the place and was still going to get away with being an *******, until his buddy shoved the guy. He learned a lesson the hard way.
Robert Wilson
Forest Bueller_bf said:

DancinBear09 said:

General rule of thumb is to not be an ******* and start fights...especially if the person you are picking a fight with has cauliflower ears.
Words to live by.

You just never know, even if they can't whip you, they can shoot you or stab you, you just never know.

This dude was acting like he owned the place and was still going to get away with being an *******, until his buddy shoved the guy. He learned a lesson the hard way.

First part of this is exactly right. Jiu jitsu and MMA moves are one thing. You might just get stabbed or shot.

And the second point is interesting. I thought the same thing. His buddy's shove really tipped it over the edge. Then his buddy also got the total **** beat out of him - body slammed head first into the cement wall then beaten repeatedly when he looked like he was unconscious.

What kind of an idiot shoves someone? Either fight or don't. Preferably, don't.
Wrecks Quan Dough
Forest Bueller_bf said:

DancinBear09 said:

Words to live by.

According to the wrestler's GoFundMe, they were not the aggressors. He said that his nose was not bleeding for no reason.
RegentCoverup
Forest Bueller_bf said:

DancinBear09 said:

Words to live by.

Yeah, in this day and age, I'd expect a knife or gun.

When i worked in Brazil, I was shocked at how many Brazilian Jiu Jitsu or fighting schools were available. They can preach conflict avoidance, but in a country where poverty is the norm, that's not realistic.

This site leaks private information to Baylor Regents and Administration
Forest Bueller_bf
Carlos Cruz said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

DancinBear09 said:

Words to live by.

According to the wrestler's GoFundMe, they were not the aggressors. He said that his nose was not bleeding for no reason.
I believe him, he showed restraint, until the final fight started, which he did not start.
Robert Wilson
Forest Bueller_bf said:

Carlos Cruz said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

DancinBear09 said:

Words to live by.

I believe him, he showed restraint, until the final fight started, which he did not start.
That's sure how it looks from that short clip we saw.
Chamberman
Mike Tyson - "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth!"
Wrecks Quan Dough
Who films in the men's bathroom though?
Forest Bueller_bf
Carlos Cruz said:

Who films in the men's bathroom though?
I agree with this.

There may have been a running argument between these guys and some of the fella's finally decided to start recording. The OU holder and his friend seemed to be pretty mouthy individuals. This may have been a long time in the making.
Forest Bueller_bf

Quote:

Alongside Jones, Brown and Brown's brother, Braden Brown, The Daily has identified via a source and separate photos the fourth party involved in the altercation as Andrew Magee. Magee, an OU senior, from Allen, Texas, played wide receiver for the Sooners for one season in 2018.

Magee was seen alongside Jones in a Twitter video displaying the altercation, telling Walker to "look at me, b****," twice before shoving him, just seconds before the fight's escalation. Magee, who then became involved in a separate fight with Braden, declined to comment about the situation when The Daily reached him on Tuesday.
So both the bullies that got whipped were ex OU football players. That article below also said Brown, who had blood on his nose and shirt had been assaulted earlier by Jones and Magee.

Quote:

"What is not shown is the original assault and battery suffered by Mr. Walker at the hands of Mr. Jones and his friend before the captured footage. As can be seen, my client's nose and clothing were bloodied prior to the beginning of the video. Mr. Walker was legally justified in defending himself in this matter. As a result, Mr. Walker received several injuries including a torn bicep which will require surgery. We will not make any further comment until the conclusion of the investigation by the authorities."
OUDAILY

• Mason Young, sports editor Austin Curtright, senior sports reporter

Just not seeing how the football player is going to win this in court outside a very biased ruling.

RegentCoverup
Forest Bueller_bf said:

Quote:

Alongside Jones, Brown and Brown's brother, Braden Brown, The Daily has identified via a source and separate photos the fourth party involved in the altercation as Andrew Magee. Magee, an OU senior, from Allen, Texas, played wide receiver for the Sooners for one season in 2018.

Magee was seen alongside Jones in a Twitter video displaying the altercation, telling Walker to "look at me, b****," twice before shoving him, just seconds before the fight's escalation. Magee, who then became involved in a separate fight with Braden, declined to comment about the situation when The Daily reached him on Tuesday.
So both the bullies that got whipped were ex OU football players. That article below also said Brown, who had blood on his nose and shirt had been assaulted earlier by Jones and Magee.

I tend to think when I see players that bow out early and are from places like Allen, Texas and the more-then-most-can afford Franklin Road Academy private school of Nashville, Tennessee, that these players were preferred walk ons that paid out of state tuition and did not receive scholarships.

It's still difficult to 'cut' a player in college football, so while they were on the roster, it's doubtful they were scholarship guys.

Now the real question is whether the University of Ok will actually discipline students that commit assault.
Therein lies the beauty of this event. It's all on video for the world to see. My bet is whomever filmed it knew the Brown kids well and fully expected the beatdown that was delivered.

All parties have lawyered up as predicted and a jury consisting of OU football fans will get to take the final swing.
EatMoreSalmon
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

All parties have lawyered up as predicted and a jury consisting of OU football fans will get to take the final swing.
I see a request for a change of venue to Stillwater coming on.
Robert Wilson
Eh, if those two brothers grew up in Norman ... that jury will be made up of people who live in Norman. I imagine they'll be fair.
RightRevBear
I have watched the video several times. First, I think the brothers were justify. Maybe that is because I was a small guy that had to defend himself from the captain of the football team in high school when he decided to attack me. There had been bad blood, since I beat up his brother when he jumped me. I was able to get the upper hand though. I pushed him over a railing after he shoved and punched at me. My win was not because of my fighting prowess, but because he was piss drunk.

Second, who in the hell takes their drink into a bar's restroom. That is just nasty. Did he order his drink and all of sudden realize he had to piss? Could he not down his gin and tonic and then go? I was thinking about how you would wash your hands, but then again people who take their drink into the restroom probably do not wash their hands. It is Oklahoma, so I guess I shouldn't expect better.
Jayman1963
Always good to see OU football get their a$$e$ kicked - either on or off the field!
CNC
Well, we remember how well OU handled the Joe Mixon tape....guess we'll see.

a tip of the hat to those two MMA fighters.
RegentCoverup
These guys aren't playing anymore, so it won't likely impact their program in any way. And while we pick on OU, the one kid is a fine representative of Allen, Texas.

I'm more intrigued that the guy dumb enough to start the fight thinks he should sue. But I guess that's entitlement in today's society. At a minimum, that's 30k in legal expenses to each side. These attorneys aren't prime time, they are the local flies that hang out around the county jail.
CNC
Also, there is more footage of this somewhere. After Spencer gets taken down, you can see another guy filming it on his phone as well.

Hopefully more footage will be released someday.
Ursus Americanus
BylrFan said:

Those players get tested at least 2-3 times a week
For STDs or covid?
Forest Bueller_bf
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Quote:

I tend to think when I see players that bow out early and are from places like Allen, Texas and the more-then-most-can afford Franklin Road Academy private school of Nashville, Tennessee, that these players were preferred walk ons that paid out of state tuition and did not receive scholarships.

It's still difficult to 'cut' a player in college football, so while they were on the roster, it's doubtful they were scholarship guys.

Now the real question is whether the University of Ok will actually discipline students that commit assault.
Therein lies the beauty of this event. It's all on video for the world to see. My bet is whomever filmed it knew the Brown kids well and fully expected the beatdown that was delivered.

Agree 100%, the Jones guy was a transfer from Liberty, he was a walk-on even at Liberty. Magee was a minor player at Allen, but a contributor, neither really have real D1 talent, but most rosters have 30 guys or more who really don't.

Another thing, most large wrestlers also play football. Look at the state champ wrestlers at 220 and 275 over the years, they virtually all played football as LB or DL, many went on to college football or wrestling.

Don't think there aren't plenty of top level talent D1 LB's or DL's that could give the Brown boys a real fight or even a whipping. These OU football players looked like they had never been in a real fight. They were so caught off guard they weren't even defending themselves. Probably got their bravado thinking they were the man, and never had it put to the test.

Moondoggie
This made my day!
RegentCoverup
Forest Bueller_bf said:

Agree 100%, the Jones guy was a transfer from Liberty, he was a walk-on even at Liberty. Magee was a minor player at Allen, but a contributor, neither really have real D1 talent, but most rosters have 30 guys or more who really don't.
Another thing, most large wrestlers also play football. Look at the state champ wrestlers at 220 and 275 over the years, they virtually all played football as LB or DL, many went on to college football or wrestling.

Don't think there aren't plenty of top level talent D1 LB's or DL's that could give the Brown boys a real fight or even a whipping. These OU football players looked like they had never been in a real fight. They were so caught off guard they weren't even defending themselves. Probably got their bravado thinking they were the man, and never had it put to the test.

In a punching match? Bar fight? Sanctioned fight? I don't really know. Sure, a few on a D-1 roster can hold their own against a trained fighter, I just don't think it's many. To be fair, the Brown kids in this fight are just two of many, it's hard to really say.

And there aren't many good sized wrestlers out there bcause of the obvious weight classes that top out at 200 lbs or somesuch. Like you said. Always wondered when that would change.

Fighting's a skill. Football is a game.
RiskyBizz Bear
Forest Bueller_bf said:

Quote:

Quote:

"What is not shown is the original assault and battery suffered by Mr. Walker at the hands of Mr. Jones and his friend before the captured footage. As can be seen, my client's nose and clothing were bloodied prior to the beginning of the video. Mr. Walker was legally justified in defending himself in this matter. As a result, Mr. Walker received several injuries including a torn bicep which will require surgery. We will not make any further comment until the conclusion of the investigation by the authorities."
OUDAILY

• Mason Young, sports editor Austin Curtright, senior sports reporter

Just not seeing how the football player is going to win this in court outside a very biased ruling.

Which one is Walker?

...guess I need to re-read. Was he "with" the two MMA Brown brothers?

Saw 2 on 2, but sounds like the football players got this Walker kid too?
RiskyBizz Bear
The way that's worded above, he may have "Walker" confused w Brown. ...he mentions the bloody nose, but that was Brown with the bloody nose at first. Right?

Either way, hope the football frat *****s don't win out on this one. They messed with the wrong guys and I am sure they thought they would stomp those little "locals."

I personally loved watching the brothers beat the S out of those two dolts.
RegentCoverup
Not sure we know if these guys were frat kids or not. It's possible, but that's not proven. Certainly wouldn't be a shock.

A torn bicep is a serious injury. That sucks.

It's worth reminding that we're talking about kids that will end up in the supposedly elite classification of 'college graduates' in this country, which stands at 28% of the population.(approximately). I always felt like a college education was a privilege. We've dumbed it down, I'll say that.
Quote:

As can be seen, my client's nose and clothing were bloodied prior to the beginning of the video. Mr. Walker was legally justified in defending himself in this matter.
Eh, I'm pretty sure that at least in Texas, you're not allowed to chase or follow a combatant in an altercation. You're not obligated to retreat, but following someone into a restroom is pushing the boundaries quite a bit. I don't see a judge buying that. Like I said, this isn't the dream legal team.

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.