Football
Sponsored by

Tiger Woods involved in major car accident

1,237 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Mr Tulip
boognish_bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Apparently he's in surgery now.

(I know this isn't football....but he's a figure that transcends sports. I understand mods if this needs to be moved.)

boognish_bear
Sounds serious....but leg injuries are much better i would guess than abdominal or head.

EvilTroyAndAbed
You hear "jaws of life" and it sounds like the worst thing imaginable. And it's obviously serious. But they have to use it any time the door can't be opened. So it might not be devastating.
boognish_bear
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

You hear "jaws of life" and it sounds like the worst thing imaginable. And it's obviously serious. But they have to use it any time the door can't be opened. So it might not be devastating.

I'm hoping the injuries are minimal....if so...the next question people are going to be asking is whether or not he was driving impaired again. I hope not....it was really seeming like he was getting his life back on track.
boognish_bear
Stranger
I mean, after all, Ben Hogan had a head on collision with a Greyhound bus and was told he would never walk again. And what did he do? A year and a half later he won the only three majors he entered in one year.

But he ain't Ben Hogan, he's only Tiger Woods.
I'm a Bearbacker
boognish_bear
ImABearToo
Tiger was interviewed Sunday at the LA tournament and his eyes were very red and he had that puffy face thing like in the prior DUI mugshot. Wreck was at 7:30am? Hope nothing to it, still lots of life to live.
boognish_bear
ImABearToo said:

Tiger was interviewed Sunday at the LA tournament and his eyes were very red and he had that puffy face thing like in the prior DUI mugshot. Wreck was at 7:30am? Hope nothing to it, still lots of life to live.

Not looking his healthiest

boognish_bear
He looked back to normal yesterday

Shakesbear
Some reports of him breaking both legs.
Retreat Hell! We just got here! The 2/5
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
Looks like the major injuries were to his right leg and right ankle.

boognish_bear
For those interested in a deeper medical explanation of what Tiger is facing you can check out this tweet thread that has about 20 tweets from an orthopedic surgeon that used to be a PGA player

Forest Bueller_bf
Man alive, looking at that vehicle....usually people die in a wreck like that.

Tiger was blessed to get through that alive.

Hope he makes a full recovery and golfs again.
Forest Bueller_bf
Stranger said:

I mean, after all, Ben Hogan had a head on collision with a Greyhound bus and was told he would never walk again. And what did he do? A year and a half later he won the only three majors he entered in one year.

This looks like a sure fatal car wreck here with Ben Hogan.

Miracle they survived.
VaeBear
I have two cousins that were in separate car accidents. If you saw their cars, you'd be surprised they walked away from them.
CNC
I had to look it up (Hogan's wreck)
Quote:

This accident left Hogan, age 36, with a double-fracture of the pelvis, a fractured collar bone, a left ankle fracture, a chipped rib, and near-fatal blood clots: he would suffer lifelong circulation problems and other physical limitations. His doctors said he might never walk again, let alone play golf competitively. While Hogan was in the hospital in El Paso, his life was endangered by a blood clot problem that led doctors to tie off the vena cava. He left the hospital on the first of April, 59 days after the accident, and returned to Fort Worth by train.[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Hogan#cite_note-hqhbd-13][13][/url][url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Hogan#cite_note-hgfretg-14][14][/url]

He also served in WWII.
boognish_bear
Forest Bueller_bf said:

Stranger said:

Miracle they survived.
I believe they thought Hogan would never walk again...let alone play golf....but he went on to win 3 more majors after this accident.
boognish_bear
Stranger
boognish_bear said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Stranger said:

Miracle they survived.
I believe they thought Hogan would never walk again...let alone play golf....but he went on to win 3 more majors after this accident.

In 1953, Hogan only entered four tournaments.

He won three majors. The Masters, the US Open and the British Open. The British Open at Carnoustie was the only one he ever entered. He didn't play the PGA that year because the dates conflicted with the British Open.
I'm a Bearbacker
Mr Tulip
Road reminds me of some parts of 2222 outside Austin. No real shoulder. Steep switchbacks and four lanes of traffic. You think you're enjoying the thrill of speed downhill, and suddenly realize your tires won't hold the lane.

Cyclists try it on all the time. Not this guy, though.

Best wishes for Tiger's recovery.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.