Story Poster
Baylor Football Recruiting

BREAKING: 2022 Pinson Valley (AL) QB Zach Pyron commits to Baylor

March 5, 2021

Baylor has landed its quarterback for the 2022 class as 2022 Pinson (AL) Valley High School quarterback Zach Pyron‍ gave his pledge to the Bears. He becomes commit number seven in the 2022 class.

BAYLOR 2022 RECRUITING COMMITMENT LIST

The staff offered just four days ago as Pyron became the first quarterback offer sent out by the new offensive staff under Jeff Grimes and Shawn Bell. The 6’3, 205-pounder became the top guy at the quarterback position for the staff and made his decision quickly.

Pyron finished his junior season with 2,500 yards and 30 touchdowns through the air and another 500 yards and eight touchdowns on the ground as he led his team to a 6A State Championship.

Pyron chose Baylor over offers from Kansas State, Arkansas State, Houston, Troy, Middle Tennessee State, and Akron among others.

Discussion from...

BREAKING: 2022 Pinson Valley (AL) QB Zach Pyron commits to Baylor

7,645 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Ewalker80
Jayman1963
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Not to be a downer, but the picture next to his tweet (I'm assuming this was put together by the Baylor Athletic department) has his last name misspelled in two places.
Bryceb
Letttsssss Gooooooooooo!
BaylorRocks
Warm welcome to the 2024 Heisman Trophy winner !!

Sic'em
Max Quad
Jayman1963 said:

Not to be a downer, but the picture next to his tweet (I'm assuming this was put together by the Baylor Athletic department) has his last name misspelled in two places.

We strive for excellents.
BUGWBBear
Jayman1963 said:

They tries the goodest they can.
Jayman1963
Last name has been changed/corrected in the hype piece on his commitment. That's good - the kid just committed to BU get his last name correct.
EasyE
Jayman1963 said:

It wouldn't have been put together by the Baylor Athletic Department. That would be a violation since he has not signed a LOI and can't until December.
Jayman1963
EasyE said:

Jayman1963 said:

It wouldn't have been put together by the Baylor Athletic Department. That would be a violation since he has not signed an LOI and can't until December.
I'll be the first to admit I don't know all the NCAA violation rules but that seems odd that Baylor can't put something out stating that he committed (similar to a press release) since he did in fact commit.
Ewalker80
Strong arm. Quick release. Some nice throws on the run. Has some size and fluidity. I like it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.