Football
Sponsored by

KU Hires Mies Replacement

1,158 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Greenbear
Aliceinbubbleland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
kansas-expected-hire-buffalo-lance-leipold-football-coach-sources-say
whitetrash
Didn't they learn their lesson hiring Turner Gill from there?
Timbear
Teaff came after Baylor had won 3 games in 3 years, Art came after a horrible football drought, Rhule came at a terrible time in Baylor history and Drew came after a killing, and all produced Championship or winning teams. Kansas was good years ago with the fat man. You never know what a new coach can do.
Stefano DiMera
Shoulda hired Monken and went to triple option..that wpuld have given them a schematic advantage every week as teams try to prepare for it..
DanaDane
True, although we know what 5 others who came after the fat man couldn't do.
DanaDane
Agreed. And I've said it after KU's last 3 hires. Do something different that no one else is doing. Maybe you develop a little niche for yourself that draws some kids who otherwise would have gone to another Big 12 or other school.
Greenbear
This is a great hire, but it won't be easy. He wants to bring character to the program. He will try to compete against talent with discipline, hard work and good coaching. It is how you build a program. He will have to find the right players like Rhule did - great athletes that didn't reach their potential in high school, really good kids and teach them how to play football. I hope he succeeds. Wish we had more coaches like that. For me, Skip Holtz might have been the right guy.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.