Football
Sponsored by

Rhule picks Okie St's Chuba Hubbard

2,028 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BearN
Bear2019
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So, Rhule calls Hubbard to tell him:

Rhule: "What's up, man? You know, I couldn't sit there and watch you run wild on me all those years at Baylor and not take you when I had the chance.''
Hubbard: [Laughs] "Yes, sir. I appreciate it. Thank you for the opportunity.''
Rhule: "This is true. I've gotta tell you this, man. About 10 minutes ago, my wife texted me and said, 'Please take Chuba Hubbard.' So she speaks, it happens.''

Apparently, Rhule's wife already is a big fan of Hubbard's.

It is what it is...
Aliceinbubbleland
Wish nothing but the best for Rhule. Great to see him so happy.
Bear8084
Caddywampus said:

Rhule: "What's up, man? You know, I couldn't sit there and watch you run wild on me all those years at Baylor and not take you when I had the chance.''
Rhule: "This is true. I've gotta tell you this, man. About 10 minutes ago, my wife texted me and said, 'Please take Chuba Hubbard.' So she speaks, it happens.''

It is what it is...

CMR was 2-1 against Okie State and Hubbard was only a factor in one game. In which Baylor blew them out. At their place. During Homecoming.
BellCountyBear
Caddywampus said:

It is what it is...
This is a stupid post not based on reality.
Bear2019
Bear8084 said:

Caddywampus said:

It is what it is...

CMR was 2-1 against Okie State and Hubbard was only a factor in one game. In which Baylor blew them out. At their place. During Homecoming.
Exactly...Thank you. I guess the "watch you run wild on me" part of the quote struck me odd as it inferred that Baylor's defense in those games against Hubbard was pretty ineffective. If I am reading that as a former Baylor defensive player that played his tail off for Rhule in those games? Then I am thinking "WTH, Coach?" It just sounded self-serving in the moment on Rhule's part for him to say that. Most of those kids that played in those games hang onto that stuff forever. They played hard and with pride. Just kinda stinks I think. To the masses that were not players it's probably not that big of a deal.
Bear2019
BellCountyBear said:

Caddywampus said:

It is what it is...
This is a stupid post not based on reality.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31372335/wife-carolina-panthers-coach-matt-rhule-guides-team-selection-rb-chuba-hubbard
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
stillwaiting
As much as I enjoyed the Rhule-Hubbard story, this is IMHO infinitely more entertaining.

"Alabama long snapper Thomas Fletcher didn't expect to be drafted today, apparently.

So when Carolina coach Matt Rhule called him near the end of the sixth round, he completely miss-understood the reason for the call.

"Are you [expletive] kidding me?" Fletcher said. "No [expletive]! You did not. Are you serious?"
Stefano DiMera
Youre reaching ..just hyperbole on Rhules part to congratulate his draft pick..dont take everything so literal
Greenbear
Hubbard is confusing to me. What an amazing year he had 2 years ago. Not sure I have ever seen many runners better. Then after the blowup last summer, he had an awful year. I realize he was injured, but even at the beginning he just never looked into it.
contrario
No, former players wouldn't care about the comment. It was just a joking compliment to a new player of his.
DanaDane
I like Matt Rhule. But saying that he left his wife make a draft selection kinda makes all of his scouts and front office staff sound incompetent.
GShack
Greenbear said:

Hubbard is confusing to me. What an amazing year he had 2 years ago. Not sure I have ever seen many runners better. Then after the blowup last summer, he had an awful year. I realize he was injured, but even at the beginning he just never looked into it.

He got woke
contrario
DanaDane said:

I like Matt Rhule. But saying that he left his wife make a draft selection kinda makes all of his scouts and front office staff sound incompetent.
Wow...just wow...
BearN
DanaDane said:

He was obviously joking
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.