Football
Sponsored by

I guess that Jimbo is pretty confident these days.

4,730 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Mitch Henessey
HarryMehre
How long do you want to ignore this user?
He told the Houston Touchdown Club that he was going to beat Alabama's A** while Saban was still there. He also said that he respected Bama and Saban, but the Aggies can do everything as well as Bama, if not better.

One thing that you have to admit about the Aggies, they have never suffered from a lack of confidence.
BellCountyBear
Confidence+cluelessness=aggy
Baylor3216
Quarter century of pretty much suck preceded by 12 years of cheating their ads off preceded by half a century or more of suck

It's actually amazing

Even Teaff with zero support and resources beat the aggies 5 times in a row (fact check me there) before they started really cheating their ass off

They were dead to rights and WFAA shifted to SMU because $
whitetrash
Baylor3216 said:

Quarter century of pretty much suck preceded by 12 years of cheating their ads off preceded by half a century or more of suck

It's actually amazing

Even Teaff with zero support and resources beat the aggies 5 times in a row (fact check me there) before they started really cheating their ass off

4 in a row (78-81) but 6-1-1 from 78-85.
Dia del DougO
Put it on paper. Not just toilet paper.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
PartyBear
He kind of has to make that claim as part of his job requirement. He would end up on a warm seat if he didnt.
CHP Bear
HarryMehre said:

He told the Houston Touchdown Club that he was going to beat Alabama's A** while Saban was still there. He also said that he respected Bama and Saban, but the Aggies can do everything as well as Bama, if not better.

One thing that you have to admit about the Aggies, they have never suffered from a lack of confidence.
Sounds like he's learned to march to the beat of the halftime drum.
jdrs
Guess he has to say something like that. What is he supposed to say? Got to preach to the deluded choir.
Dia del DougO
Yeah, all aggy aside, I kinda give them a pass on this one. It's the touchdown club. That's kinda the thing it tends to be.
Chamberman
https://12thman.com/sports/football/schedule/2021

They have the SEC Championship on 12/4 listed on their schedule. I guess they don't think they'll make the play-offs or they'd have that on there as well.
HarryMehre
Chamberman said:

https://12thman.com/sports/football/schedule/2021

They have the SEC Championship on 12/4 listed on their schedule. I guess they don't think they'll make the play-offs or they'd have that on there as well.
I remember eating in a sandwich shop at the Aggie's Northgate in August of 1982. The shop had that years Aggie football schedule up on the wall. Jackie Sherrill's first year.

Someone had written in projected scores with the Ags going 11-0, winning most games by comfortable margins. Below it someone had written in: Cotton Bowl....... Alabama.......... L 3-35.

BTW, the Aggies went something like 5-6 or 4-7 that season.
BellCountyBear
whitetrash said:

Baylor3216 said:

It's actually amazing

4 in a row (78-81) but 6-1-1 from 78-85.
Teaff never beat them during my four years (87-91). He tied them once.
Chamberman
Saban's response when asked by a reporter about Jimbo coming to Tuscaloosa and kicking his ass: "In golf?"
BUbackerinET
Fisher is delusional. He has become FULLAGGY, though, and it's hilarious to listen to him trying to talk his way into being consistently good. They will never be in the playoff (last year is as close as they will ever get with the assist from Covid). In the SEC West, their schedule will always be too brutal for them to win enough to overcome their overall ineptitude. I just love watching them barely relevant after leaving the B12.
Big guy

BUbackerinET

........................I just love watching them barely relevant after leaving the B12.

BUbackerinET, you are much to kind using the words "barely relevant".

Johnny Bear
Is there any other collegiate fanbase in the country that is as arrogant as aggy while having no demonstrable reason for being so based on actual accomplishments??
jumpinjoe
Johnny Bear said:

Is there any other collegiate fanbase in the country that is as arrogant as aggy while having no demonstrable reason for being so based on actual accomplishments??

We were soooo happy to see them leave...yet the teams in the SEC now understand why we didn't want them and would like to give them back.
Joined BaylorFans in 1999 under username jumpinjoe. Have always been Jumpinjoe. Proud 4 Year Baylor letterman and 1968 graduate and charter member of Quartermiler U, produced school record in 400 IH.
Aliceinbubbleland
jumpinjoe said:

Johnny Bear said:

We were soooo happy to see them leave...yet the teams in the SEC now understand why we didn't want them and would like to give them back.
I dislike them more than anyone but I hated when they left. I could care less about 90% of Big 12 above Red River.

It would not surprise me to see them beat Saban and then the next week lose big.
HarryMehre
jumpinjoe said:

Johnny Bear said:

I think that most of the SEC fans would rather give Missouri back to the Big 12.
Mitch Henessey
HarryMehre said:

jumpinjoe said:

Johnny Bear said:

I think that most of the SEC fans would rather give Missouri back to the Big 12.
We unloaded dead weight (Mizzou) and psycho weight (aggy) on the SEC. No issue with that whatsoever. Good riddance.

The issue is, we didn't replace them with anyone. We had Louisville begging to join the conference. Cincy would still join at the drop of a hat. We should have done something. ANYTHING. But we didn't, and we're worse off as a result. Oh well, I still wouldn't want aggy back, no matter how much more they'd pay.
Johnny Bear
Mitch Henessey said:

HarryMehre said:

jumpinjoe said:

Johnny Bear said:

We unloaded dead weight (Mizzou) and psycho weight (aggy) on the SEC. No issue with that whatsoever. Good riddance.

The issue is, we didn't replace them with anyone. We had Louisville begging to join the conference. Cincy would still join at the drop of a hat. We should have done something. ANYTHING. But we didn't, and we're worse off as a result. Oh well, I still wouldn't want aggy back, no matter how much more they'd pay.
Colorado was even more dead weight we got rid of. The only true "losses" from a financial/business perspective were Nebraska and aggy, although I too don't miss either one of them - especially aggy. Had we acted in time, Louisville would've been a good addition and I've always felt BYU should've been an expansion target (even with the known baggage they bring). At any rate, while I would love to see the Big 12 get back to actually having 12, if we can't acquire 2 clear "win-win" additions I'd rather stay at 10 members and schools like Cincinnati and UH don't fit that bill.
TitleIXScaries
As far as where our football programs are at- would trade places with aggy in a heart beat.
HarryMehre
I would much rather have Cincinnati than Louisville, but truthfully would rather send West Virginia on their way.
BUbackerinET
They had 1 good year with Manziel.
Ewalker80
BUbackerinET said:

They had 1 good year with Manziel.

I wish they were still in the big 12 because rivalries are what make college football fun and the endless gloating about the sec is unbearable. I believe Baylor atm was at one point one of the most played rivalries in college football That being said this might be their breakout year so as Baylor fans we should be emotionally prepared for that should it happen.
Mitch Henessey
It's been "about to be their breakout year" for 88 years now.
HarryMehre
You would think that sooner or later the Aggies will finally have their "breakout year". Getting by Alabama will still be the challenge for the near future and while the Aggies are recruiting good, they aren't recruiting like Bama.

Bama has more talent.
Bama is better coached.
Bama has more confidence.
Bama has the intimidation factor over the Ags.

So it won't be real soon. I hope anyway.
Ewalker80
HarryMehre said:

You would think that sooner or later the Aggies will finally have their "breakout year". Getting by Alabama will still be the challenge for the near future and while the Aggies are recruiting good, they aren't recruiting like Bama.

Bama has more talent.
Bama is better coached.

They can lose to bama and likely still make cfp. They have both bama and auburn at home and have a very favorable schedule. No Florida. No Georgia. No Tennessee. No one good in non conference. Even a close loss to bama at home will get more credit than most teams' best wins. Who knows how it will unfold but the schedule is very favorable for them.
Bear8084
Ewalker80 said:

HarryMehre said:

Bama has more talent.
Bama is better coached.

They can lose to bama and likely still make cfp. They have both bama and auburn at home and have a very favorable schedule. No Florida. No Georgia. No Tennessee. No one good in non conference. Even a close loss to bama at home will get more credit than most teams' best wins. Who knows how it will unfold but the schedule is very favorable for them.
Aggy usually finds a way to mess it up around October when they start talking about Heismans.
S11
Staff
HarryMehre said:

I recall Fran saying things like that and then OU dropped 77-0 on them
Baylor3216
S11 said:

HarryMehre said:

They made it last mid field once. Once. In the entire game.

It was very aggy if them. Full aggy
HarryMehre
Baylor3216 said:

S11 said:

HarryMehre said:

I remember that OU had the ball on about the Aggies 15 yard line with a couple of minutes to go. They kept running the ball on the same play. After about the 5th time they ran the same play, an Aggie DL made a tackle for a loss. He got up and celebrated like it was 4th and one in the National title game. I about killed myself laughing. You're only down by 77.
Baylor3216
HarryMehre said:

Baylor3216 said:

S11 said:

HarryMehre said:

I remember that OU had the ball on about the Aggies 15 yard line with a couple of minutes to go. They kept running the ball on the same play. After about the 5th time they ran the same play, an Aggie DL made a tackle for a loss. He got up and celebrated like it was 4th and one in the National title game. I about killed myself laughing. You're only down by 77.

Lol. I remember that distinctly. Glad we long ago left only mocking aggy as the good thing about Baylor football. That was fun though
iarelevy
HarryMehre said:

A&M finished 4th in the country, won the Orange Bowl, have recruited multiple top 10 recruiting classes, and are poised for another big class this year. The schedule favors A&M this year but will have a tough slate against Bama and will have to play an improved LSU team away. It is by no means a guaranteed 10 win season, but A&M should be favored in most of the games. It will really depend on OL play, but I believe King is going to do well once he settles in. He has a good arm, knows the system, and is dangerous on the run. He's apparently the second fastest guy on the team behind Achane.

They'll have a 3-4 headed monster at RB with one of the best RB's in the nation in Spiller, then they have Achane, Ainias Smith (when needed), and true freshman LJ Johnson; one of the best TE's in the country in Wydermeyer, a healthy Baylor Cupp at TE, along with Ainias Smith out wide, an improved Chase Lane, and Demond Demas should see the field a lot more.

A&M will also bring back just about everyone on defense. DT Bobby Brown and LB Buddy Johnson we're the two main guys that left, but McKinley Jackson is going to be better than Bobby was, and there are some up and coming LB's that will fit in nicely.

So the main question is going to be OL and filling in 4 starting spots. There is plenty of talent on the OL but it is fresh for most of them. The OL haul this past class was filthy for A&M and it looks like 2022 will have a lot of big time OL in the class as well.

So A&M has a lot to be optimistic about. Jimbo has his system in place and is playing with just about all of his players now - specifically at QB.
iarelevy
S11 said:

HarryMehre said:

Jimbo is not Fran.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.