Baylor Football

BREAKING: Buffalo grad transfer offensive lineman Jacob Gall commits to Baylor

May 18, 2021

Baylor has landed a commitment from Buffalo grad transfer offensive lineman Jacob Gall. The 6-foot-2, 305-pound guard made the decision to enter the portal less than two weeks ago following the departure of Buffalo head coach Lance Leipold to Kansas.

Gall started in all seven games for the Bulls at guard this past season as he helped pave the way for the Bulls to average over 43 points and 287 rushing yards per game. The unit as a whole only gave up one sack the entire season.

According to Pro Football Focus, Gall was the highest-graded left guard in the nation with a grade of 90.5. He did not make the All-MAC team this past season but that grade shows how well he performed this year as a part of the dominant offensive line unit.

In three seasons he has appeared in 33 games and made 13 career starts.

Gall will arrive at Baylor with the opportunity to compete on the interior of Baylor’s line. Going by his time at Buffalo it seems like left guard will be the best fit for the high impact transfer as the staff tries to enhance the offensive line with fall approaching. 

Gall will have two years of eligbility remaining if he chooses to take advantage of the extra year given to all NCAA athletes who participated in the 2020-2021 athletic year. 

Discussion from...

BREAKING: Buffalo grad transfer offensive lineman Jacob Gall commits to Baylor

6,027 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Ewalker80
tallman1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The news I've been waiting for. Let's get a tackle now.
1 bears opinion
Lets Goooooooo!!!!!

More maulers!

More beef!!! Need to offer Marc Hernandez from LD BELL in Hurst next (c/o '22 DT)
Ewalker80
Still a chance we get the center from Buffalo too? I heard we offered him. Novitzky. I noticed he retweeted hall's commitment. Would be pretty cool to bring in two guys used to working together in the same offense we are running.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.