Baylor Football

Baylor Football kick times announced for first three games

May 27, 2021

WACO, Texas – Kickoff times for Baylor’s first three games in 2021 were announced Thursday.

Baylor opens the 2021 season on the road Sept. 4 at Texas State in a game that kicks off at 6 pm CT. The meeting will be Baylor’s first trip to San Marcos, and be broadcast on ESPN+. BU leads the all-time series 7-0 with the last meeting a 34-27 win by the Bears in 2007.

The Bears’ home slate begins Sept. 11 at McLane Stadium with a visit from Texas Southern at 6 pm CT on Big 12 Now on ESPN+. It will be the first-ever meeting between the two programs.

Baylor starts Big 12 Conference play the following week on Sept. 18 with a trip to Kansas. Kickoff is set for 2:30 pm and the game will be broadcast via Big 12 Now on ESPN+. The Bears are 16-4 all-time against KU, including a 47-14 victory last season.

The remainder of the season’s selections will be announced on a 12-day or six-day notice by the Big 12 Conference.

Baylor Athletics recently announced a return to 100 percent capacity at outdoor venues, opening up additional ticket inventory. Season tickets are now on sale and offer the best value for all seven home games this fall. Mini-plans and single-game tickets will launch in July. Tailgating opportunities are also now available through Tailgate Guys, and more information can be found by visiting tailgateguys.com/baylor-university or calling (254) 870-0950.

BAYLOR FOOTBALL 2021 SCHEDULE

Sept. 4 – at Texas State, ESPN+, 6 pm CT

Sept. 11 – Texas Southern, Big 12 Now on ESPN+, 6 pm CT

Sept. 18 – at Kansas, Big 12 Now on ESPN+, 2:30 pm CT

Sept. 25 – Iowa State

Oct. 2 – at Oklahoma State

Oct. 9 – West Virginia

Oct. 16 – BYU

Oct. 30 – Texas

Nov. 6 – at TCU

Nov. 13 – Oklahoma

Nov. 20 – at Kansas State

Nov. 27 – Texas Tech

Discussion from...

Baylor Football kick times announced for first three games

7,870 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Bear2019
whitetrash
How long do you want to ignore this user?
None of the first 3 games on any network TV, only streaming.

EDIT: looked at the conference release; the only noncon games on a network are P5 opponents (e.g., KSt-Stanford, TCU-Cal, WV-Maryland, WV-VaTech), with the exception of Louisiana-UT on Fox and Tulsa-OkSt on FS1. Everybody else's scrub opponents are shoved off onto the streaming platform.
BellCountyBear
I will not be getting espn+.
Mike E
Eh..at least it's all within 30 days so I just have to pay for ESPN+ for the one month.

EatMoreSalmon
Need to schedule Texas State/Texas Southern types on the October date like the SEC to give the guys a break from the conference grind.
Johnny Bear
whitetrash said:

EDIT: looked at the conference release; the only noncon games on a network are P5 opponents (e.g., KSt-Stanford, TCU-Cal, WV-Maryland, WV-VaTech), with the exception of Louisiana-UT on Fox and Tulsa-OkSt on FS1. Everybody else's scrub opponents are shoved off onto the streaming platform.

I know it's Kansas and nobody's expecting us to be a contender, but still, since that one's a Big12 conference game you'd think either Fox or ESPN would find a place for it besides the streaming platform.
BaylorRocks
BellCountyBear said:

If any of you have a cell phone through Verizon wireless.......check your plan (or changing plans). If you're carrying one of their recently-new "Play More" or "Get More" unlimited plans...you may already have the benefit of free ESPN+, Disney+, etc. Just sign up for them.

If you are with Verizon and haven't checked your plan make-up in quite a while, I suggest you do.

Several months ago, I realized that I could change to one their newly packaged/branded "Play More" unlimited plan, actually reduce my bill, and get Disney+, ESPN+, and HULU all for free.

Sic'em
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Johnny Bear said:

whitetrash said:

I know it's Kansas and nobody's expecting us to be a contender, but still, since that one's a Big12 conference game you'd think either Fox or ESPN would find a place for it besides the streaming platform.

With foxsw going away, ESPN+ gets those games plus all the extras. I love it so I can watch all WBB, VB, Baseball, etc.
BellCountyBear
zunooreo said:

BellCountyBear said:

If any of you have a cell phone through Verizon wireless.......check your plan (or changing plans). If you're carrying one of their recently-new "Play More" or "Get More" unlimited plans...you may already have the benefit of free ESPN+, Disney+, etc. Just sign up for them.

If you are with Verizon and haven't checked your plan make-up in quite a while, I suggest you do.

Several months ago, I realized that I could change to one their newly packaged/branded "Play More" unlimited plan, actually reduce my bill, and get Disney+, ESPN+, and HULU all for free.

Sic'em
Currently with evil at&t, but good to know! Thanks.
BayouCity
I still can't believe we're travelling to Texas State. That's embarrassing.
whitetrash
BayouCity said:

Tech went there a couple of years ago. At least they have upgraded their stadium and it's better than the one at Louisiana-Monroe (or LaTech, where we go next year).
historian
Johnny Bear said:

whitetrash said:

It's all about the $$$$$. This appears to be the trend. I won't be surprised if we get more of this kind of thing. Stress as Ming will become the norm.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
historian
zunooreo said:

BellCountyBear said:

Sic'em

I took advantage of that opportunity last year and I'm saving money but ESPN+, Disney+, etc. costs money.
historian
BayouCity said:

I like it because San Marcos is close to my hometown. I'll visit my mom for her birthday and then go to football game.
MrGolfguy
Sounds like a win -win
CHP Bear
BayouCity said:

After the first 3 games we'll be 3 away from bowl eligible.
DanaDane
So now that we're down in the cellar area with Kansas, it's only natural we become the king of ESPN+. Guess we'll have to earn our way back to decent coverage.

Sure miss the days when we were regulars on standard ESPN and the Deuce, ABC and Fox.

whitetrash
DanaDane said:

So now that we're down in the cellar area with Kansas, it's only natural we become the king of ESPN+. Guess we'll have to earn our way back to decent coverage.

Sure miss the days when we were regulars on standard ESPN and the Deuce, ABC and Fox.

FWIW, OU is pissed off that their 9/18 matchup with Nebraska (the 50th anniversary of the 1971 Game of the Century) is shoved off to the 11am timeslot on Fox instead of primetime on ABC (Auburn-PennSt), ESPN (UGA-S Carolina), or FS1 (OkSt-Boise St).
BaylorRocks
historian said:

zunooreo said:

BellCountyBear said:

Sic'em

I took advantage of that opportunity last year and I'm saving money but ESPN+, Disney+, etc. costs money.
Check their unlimited plans now.

2 plans offer free ESPN+, Disney+ and HULU for the life you maintain the plan. As for me, and the number of lines on my account, I moved to one and actually LOWERED my overall bill plus got those add-on services for free.

Sic'em
BUmoneymaker
Close by easy drive. Ill be there in person instead. Green and gold near and far

Sic em!

"I hope" -Red

"Apply yourself" -W.White

"Guys, who is Keyser Soze?" - K. Soze

"Tea. Earl Grey. Hot." -J.L. Picard
Bear2019
I'd much rather be listening to John Morris and JJ Joe on the call while sunning on my local beach. ESPN+ can't hold a candle to the eye candy...back-dropped by the Pacific sun dropping over Catalina. Cut the cord long ago.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.