Football
Sponsored by

B1G would be my number one choice

4,263 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Jayman1963
MaxTeller
How long do you want to ignore this user?
RMF5630 said:

There is no way B10 offers Baylor! Not AAU, not research driven, religious, recent scandal issues, and private. Adding a small religious school that could compete with Michigan and UW on the field is not what the B10 wants. Iowa State has a better shot at the B10! The B10 and PAC would be the worst culture matches in College Football.

Conferences - ACC is the only Power 5 Conference I see a fit for Baylor. Adding to the B12 and negotiating into the Playoff and keeping a respectable TV deal would be my preferred alternative. Right now is when to negotiate, the remaining schools have the sympathy of getting screwed. If you wait 2 years to see, ewe lose that.
Never said they would.
CaliByWayOfKS
No, not AAU, just. Tier 1 Research. That's a point that the PAC 12 is a fan of.
Beaneater
gobears20 said:

Not a bad look
I would rather be in the ACC. I think Baylor does fine in any conference.

If you're going to keep all 64/5 current P5 teams in the new P4, this is the way to go.

This has:
WVU & ND to ACC
KS & ISU to B10
BU, toad, Tech, & OSU to Pac

and drops K-state from the P4 level

The questions are:
Are the power brokers going to shoot for the 30/40 team super league or the 64 team P4?

If they go the P4 route--will any of the top G5 teams (cincy, ucf, etc) knock other low-level P5s out, in addition to K-state? (I really do like the relegation idea.)

Will the tv people pay for this model? If nobody is watching bc-syracuse, kentucky-vandy, illinois-indiana, baylor-tech, cal-oregon state now--will they pay big bucks to facilitate this major shift?

hey32g
fadskier said:

Personally, I'd rather go to the ACC

Boston College
Clemson
Duke
Florida State
Georgia Tech
NC
NC St
Syracuse
Va
vaTech
Wake

Miami
Pitt
Louisville
W VA
Iowa St
KU
K St
Ok St
TCU
Tech
Baylor

Play 10 conference games and a championship
Far and away the best fit.
Jayman1963
One thing to ponder: the SEC now has two schools from Texas in it - I'm sure Michigan, Mich State, Ohio State, etc. would love to play some regular season games in front of Texas high school recruits.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.