Music to play during the final game with Texas.

3,077 Views | 62 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Pecos 45
TellMeYouLoveMe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If we don't line the stadium with horns down flags and play "Take the money and run."

We will be missing a great opportunity

But hey I'm open to suggestions!

Bring it, I think the rules are out the window,
but I sure as hell know plenty of them and I talk to them a lot, including during the search. And NOTHING was leaked.
Media Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

If we don't line the stadium with horns down flags and play "Take the money and run."

We will be missing a great opportunity

But hey I'm open to suggestions!

Bring it, I think the rules are out the window,
That's a good start ...
BellCountyBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Eat a Dick. Is that not a song? I'll write it tomorrow.
Thee University
How long do you want to ignore this user?
How about "Do You Know The Way To San Jose?"
BLM = "Give us the money or be called racist"
Stranger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hit the Road, Jack.
I'm a Bearbacker
Bandito
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I was thinking "Hit the Road Jack," by Ray Charles, but Stranger beat me to it.

Other options

"Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye" Steam

"We're Not Gonna Take It" Twisted Sister




Gobearsone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I know two songs we better not hear are Whorns fight and the lies of Texas is in Austin (ok I made those words up) because our admin better not let the woke whorn band in our stadium or someone needs to be fired.
bear2be2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"Money" by The Flying Lizards and "Judas" by Fozzy would both be good.
BylrFan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Money for nothin
Jack Bauer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Money
Pink Floyd

Money
Get away
You get a good job with good pay and you're okay
Money
It's a gas
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
New car, caviar, four star daydream
Think I'll buy me a football team

guadalupeoso
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Lawyers, Guns and Money by Warren Zevon should be blared during the Texas game
historian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Stranger said:

Hit the Road, Jack.

Probably the best suggestion.

Gobearsone said:

I know two songs we better not hear are Whorns fight and the lies of Texas is in Austin (ok I made those words up) because our admin better not let the woke whorn band in our stadium or someone needs to be fired.

I doubt anyone can prevent them from coming.
Bear75605
How long do you want to ignore this user?
F*** You by CeeLo Green. And NO air conditioning in the Visitor's locker room.

Remember: LSU head coach Ed Orgeron claimed the Tigers did not have air conditioning in their 45-38 win in Austin at Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium. He said LSU spoke to coaches at Louisiana Tech, who claimed the Longhorns withheld air conditioning in the two schools' Week 1 matchup.
historian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bandito
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I like "Hit the Road Jack" the best. Maybe we could pull a MOB (Mighty Owl Band) and perform it at half time and have the band go into a Horns Down formation to the Texas section. We'd have to intersperse a few other of these songs throughout the game. "Take the Money and Run" would also have to be played. Maybe make a special dedication of "Welcome to the Jungle" to Texas and their move to the SEC. Another possibility would be Mark Chestnut, "Blame it on Texas, Don't Blame it on Me."
TellMeYouLoveMe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Queen Latifah, Levert,Troop.

but I sure as hell know plenty of them and I talk to them a lot, including during the search. And NOTHING was leaked.
Mr Tulip
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bear75605 said:

F*** You by CeeLo Green. And NO air conditioning in the Visitor's locker room.

Remember: LSU head coach Ed Orgeron claimed the Tigers did not have air conditioning in their 45-38 win in Austin at Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium. He said LSU spoke to coaches at Louisiana Tech, who claimed the Longhorns withheld air conditioning in the two schools' Week 1 matchup.
Ed was proven demonstrably wrong. The HVAC data (turns out, that's a thing) showed his locker room stayed perfectly cool during the entire episode. Someone could have misunderstood or misquoted Ed since he has a really "unique" accent and speech pattern, I suppose.

Play "Summertime Girls" by Y&T, just because it's a cool song that I'd like to hear played at a Baylor football game.


TellMeYouLoveMe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mr Tulip said:



Play "Summertime Girls" by Y&T, just because it's a cool song that I'd like to hear played at a Baylor football game.



Should we also wear fishnet shirts and drive 67 camaros?
but I sure as hell know plenty of them and I talk to them a lot, including during the search. And NOTHING was leaked.
Gobearsone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
historian said:

Stranger said:

Hit the Road, Jack.

Probably the best suggestion.

Gobearsone said:

I know two songs we better not hear are Whorns fight and the lies of Texas is in Austin (ok I made those words up) because our admin better not let the woke whorn band in our stadium or someone needs to be fired.

I doubt anyone can prevent them from coming.

I think a simple "your band will not be given a seating section nor will be allowed to play "would suffice.
Mr Tulip
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Mr Tulip said:



Play "Summertime Girls" by Y&T, just because it's a cool song that I'd like to hear played at a Baylor football game.



Should we also wear fishnet shirts and drive 67 camaros?
I mean, if it feels right.

Fishnet shirts are more of a Morrissey thing. It's close, but I probably hate Morrissey more than I do countrah music.
drahthaar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I am all in on leveraging the home field and if that means being deemed "petty" then so be it. NO seating for horn band. "Buy out" seat allotments in the main and send horn the $$ for those seats since they will need that to pay off the buy-out. Scatter the seats in 2's and 3"s all over the upper deck and in the sun as much as possible. There's no need at this point to take any "high road" for some reputation points.
TellMeYouLoveMe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mr Tulip said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Mr Tulip said:



Play "Summertime Girls" by Y&T, just because it's a cool song that I'd like to hear played at a Baylor football game.



Should we also wear fishnet shirts and drive 67 camaros?
I mean, if it feels right.

Fishnet shirts are more of a Morrissey thing. It's close, but I probably hate Morrissey more than I do countrah music.
Hot take. You do realize you're in Texas, ja?
but I sure as hell know plenty of them and I talk to them a lot, including during the search. And NOTHING was leaked.
TellMeYouLoveMe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
drahthaar said:

I am all in on leveraging the home field and if that means being deemed "petty" then so be it. NO seating for horn band. "Buy out" seat allotments in the main and send horn the $$ for those seats since they will need that to pay off the buy-out. Scatter the seats in 2's and 3"s all over the upper deck and in the sun as much as possible. There's no need at this point to take any "high road" for some reputation points.
Precisely.

The only thing that prevented us from using them as joke fodder before was the notion that it was a league and it should be sportsmanlike. That's died and gone to heaven. The league rules were even tilted in their favor, they don't want to abide by them and they've chosen to leave.

It doesn't have to be petty or cruel, but I think it's only fair at this point to be honest.

This has amazing PR potential and I think we dream up a stunt that sends them off in style.
but I sure as hell know plenty of them and I talk to them a lot, including during the search. And NOTHING was leaked.
atkron195
How long do you want to ignore this user?
You're Breaking my Heart. Harry Nillson. From Nillson Schmilson. Also known as the F You song.
bear2be2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
atkron195 said:

You're Breaking my Heart. Harry Nillson. From Nillson Schmilson. Also known as the F You song.
That gives UT too much credit/power in that severed relationship. My feelings are better summed up by a breakup song like "I Want My Dog Back."

TellMeYouLoveMe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I think it needs to have the ambience of a true celebration.

I'm talking flying doves, fireworks, fly overs.

this is like a hostage being released by terrorists.

Potential T-shirt logo:

but I sure as hell know plenty of them and I talk to them a lot, including during the search. And NOTHING was leaked.
historian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
How about the Ode to Joy? As in, good riddance don't let the door hit you on the butt in the way out!
TellMeYouLoveMe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
historian said:

How about the Ode to Joy? As in, good riddance don't let the door hit you on the butt in the way out!
Solid!
but I sure as hell know plenty of them and I talk to them a lot, including during the search. And NOTHING was leaked.
Gobearsone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This why we should be as in-hospitable as we can toward whorn when they come to Waco this year-
From whorn fans
" I hope 7 of them find a soft landing spot, and that Baylor lands face down in a wet cow pattie.
TellMeYouLoveMe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If it were my call, I'd just make sure we printed as many duplicate tickets to be sold to their fans as possible.

Watching them fight one another for seats would be worth it.
but I sure as hell know plenty of them and I talk to them a lot, including during the search. And NOTHING was leaked.
Robert Wilson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Friends in Low Places by Garth Brooks

Hit that last verse hard - whole crowd joins in
trey3216
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
BUmoneymaker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Maybe next time he'll think before he cheats
bear2be2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BUmoneymaker said:

Maybe next time he'll think before he cheats
Amigo the Devil does a good cover of that song.

Bear8084
How long do you want to ignore this user?
F you- by Cee Lo Green
Page 1 of 2
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.