Football
Sponsored by

Music to play during the final game with Texas.

4,170 Views | 61 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Pecos 45
RegentCoverup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If we don't line the stadium with horns down flags and play "Take the money and run."

We will be missing a great opportunity

But hey I'm open to suggestions!

Bring it, I think the rules are out the window,
This site leaks private information to Baylor Regents and Administration
Media Bear
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

If we don't line the stadium with horns down flags and play "Take the money and run."

We will be missing a great opportunity

But hey I'm open to suggestions!

Bring it, I think the rules are out the window,
That's a good start ...
BellCountyBear
Eat a Dick. Is that not a song? I'll write it tomorrow.
Thee University
How about "Do You Know The Way To San Jose?"
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
Stranger
Hit the Road, Jack.
I'm a Bearbacker
Bandito
I was thinking "Hit the Road Jack," by Ray Charles, but Stranger beat me to it.

Other options

"Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye" Steam

"We're Not Gonna Take It" Twisted Sister

Gobearsone
I know two songs we better not hear are Whorns fight and the lies of Texas is in Austin (ok I made those words up) because our admin better not let the woke whorn band in our stadium or someone needs to be fired.
bear2be2
"Money" by The Flying Lizards and "Judas" by Fozzy would both be good.
BylrFan
Money for nothin
Jack Bauer
Money
Pink Floyd

Money
Get away
You get a good job with good pay and you're okay
Money
It's a gas
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
New car, caviar, four star daydream
Think I'll buy me a football team

guadalupeoso
Lawyers, Guns and Money by Warren Zevon should be blared during the Texas game
historian
Stranger said:

Hit the Road, Jack.

Probably the best suggestion.

Gobearsone said:

I know two songs we better not hear are Whorns fight and the lies of Texas is in Austin (ok I made those words up) because our admin better not let the woke whorn band in our stadium or someone needs to be fired.

I doubt anyone can prevent them from coming.
Bear75605
F*** You by CeeLo Green. And NO air conditioning in the Visitor's locker room.

Remember: LSU head coach Ed Orgeron claimed the Tigers did not have air conditioning in their 45-38 win in Austin at Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium. He said LSU spoke to coaches at Louisiana Tech, who claimed the Longhorns withheld air conditioning in the two schools' Week 1 matchup.
historian
Bandito
I like "Hit the Road Jack" the best. Maybe we could pull a MOB (Mighty Owl Band) and perform it at half time and have the band go into a Horns Down formation to the Texas section. We'd have to intersperse a few other of these songs throughout the game. "Take the Money and Run" would also have to be played. Maybe make a special dedication of "Welcome to the Jungle" to Texas and their move to the SEC. Another possibility would be Mark Chestnut, "Blame it on Texas, Don't Blame it on Me."
RegentCoverup
Queen Latifah, Levert,Troop.

Mr Tulip
Bear75605 said:

F*** You by CeeLo Green. And NO air conditioning in the Visitor's locker room.

Remember: LSU head coach Ed Orgeron claimed the Tigers did not have air conditioning in their 45-38 win in Austin at Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium. He said LSU spoke to coaches at Louisiana Tech, who claimed the Longhorns withheld air conditioning in the two schools' Week 1 matchup.
Ed was proven demonstrably wrong. The HVAC data (turns out, that's a thing) showed his locker room stayed perfectly cool during the entire episode. Someone could have misunderstood or misquoted Ed since he has a really "unique" accent and speech pattern, I suppose.

Play "Summertime Girls" by Y&T, just because it's a cool song that I'd like to hear played at a Baylor football game.

RegentCoverup
Mr Tulip said:

Play "Summertime Girls" by Y&T, just because it's a cool song that I'd like to hear played at a Baylor football game.

Should we also wear fishnet shirts and drive 67 camaros?
Gobearsone
historian said:

Stranger said:

Hit the Road, Jack.

Probably the best suggestion.

Gobearsone said:

I doubt anyone can prevent them from coming.

I think a simple "your band will not be given a seating section nor will be allowed to play "would suffice.
Mr Tulip
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Mr Tulip said:

I mean, if it feels right.

Fishnet shirts are more of a Morrissey thing. It's close, but I probably hate Morrissey more than I do countrah music.
drahthaar
I am all in on leveraging the home field and if that means being deemed "petty" then so be it. NO seating for horn band. "Buy out" seat allotments in the main and send horn the $$ for those seats since they will need that to pay off the buy-out. Scatter the seats in 2's and 3"s all over the upper deck and in the sun as much as possible. There's no need at this point to take any "high road" for some reputation points.
RegentCoverup
Mr Tulip said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Mr Tulip said:

I mean, if it feels right.

Fishnet shirts are more of a Morrissey thing. It's close, but I probably hate Morrissey more than I do countrah music.
Hot take. You do realize you're in Texas, ja?
RegentCoverup
drahthaar said:

I am all in on leveraging the home field and if that means being deemed "petty" then so be it. NO seating for horn band. "Buy out" seat allotments in the main and send horn the $$ for those seats since they will need that to pay off the buy-out. Scatter the seats in 2's and 3"s all over the upper deck and in the sun as much as possible. There's no need at this point to take any "high road" for some reputation points.
Precisely.

The only thing that prevented us from using them as joke fodder before was the notion that it was a league and it should be sportsmanlike. That's died and gone to heaven. The league rules were even tilted in their favor, they don't want to abide by them and they've chosen to leave.

It doesn't have to be petty or cruel, but I think it's only fair at this point to be honest.

This has amazing PR potential and I think we dream up a stunt that sends them off in style.
atkron195
You're Breaking my Heart. Harry Nillson. From Nillson Schmilson. Also known as the F You song.
bear2be2
atkron195 said:

You're Breaking my Heart. Harry Nillson. From Nillson Schmilson. Also known as the F You song.
That gives UT too much credit/power in that severed relationship. My feelings are better summed up by a breakup song like "I Want My Dog Back."

RegentCoverup
I think it needs to have the ambience of a true celebration.

I'm talking flying doves, fireworks, fly overs.

this is like a hostage being released by terrorists.

Potential T-shirt logo:

historian
How about the Ode to Joy? As in, good riddance don't let the door hit you on the butt in the way out!
RegentCoverup
historian said:

How about the Ode to Joy? As in, good riddance don't let the door hit you on the butt in the way out!
Solid!
Gobearsone
This why we should be as in-hospitable as we can toward whorn when they come to Waco this year-
From whorn fans
" I hope 7 of them find a soft landing spot, and that Baylor lands face down in a wet cow pattie.
RegentCoverup
If it were my call, I'd just make sure we printed as many duplicate tickets to be sold to their fans as possible.

Watching them fight one another for seats would be worth it.
Robert Wilson
Friends in Low Places by Garth Brooks

Hit that last verse hard - whole crowd joins in
trey3216
Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
BUmoneymaker
Maybe next time he'll think before he cheats
bear2be2
BUmoneymaker said:

Maybe next time he'll think before he cheats
Amigo the Devil does a good cover of that song.

Bear8084
F you- by Cee Lo Green
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.