Football
Sponsored by

When did OU turn into UT's little brother?

1,115 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by parch
FLBear5630
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I always got the impression that OU didn't like UT's "diva" melodramatics. They were the ones that wanted 99 year by-laws after the PAC-10 threw them over last go around because their academics are sketchy. OU always acted like they were all about the Plains States. In the end, they ended up being UT's b**** girlfriend and going along. What will they do when they find out LSU, Bama and Florida are not going to play their game and realize they are not the cool kids anymore. Funny on the OU rivals site, they are already calling Saban, "Coach Nick". Watch out UT, OU is about to throw you over for the cooler kids...

Then what? When the SEC gets sick of UT holding its breath? I guess the PAC-10? Maybe go independent, that would be attractive for UT, people would be lining up to play them. Big Name, Big Money and an easy win... Gonna be fun watching Austin navigate...
Polo Bear
All hat no cattle.
TinFoilHatPreacherBear
I mean it's funny right. OU clearly has the better Football program, but let's be honest, every OU fan knows that they're the little brother here.

UT Communications Department:
Hey OU, we drafted this communication, you don't need to read it, just sign here asap

OU President:
Yes sir
BearFan33
Someone had to fill a&m's role
Hopkins247
It's smart business for OU to attach itself to Texas if possible.

Texas is the #1 - #3 athletic program in the country depending on how you measure it.

Texas is the "big swinging d**k" in town.

Perhaps it would have been smart for Baylor to be Texas's side girlfriend too. It's certainly a better alternative than getting cast out into the wilderness.

If there was even a 5% chance that attaching ourselves to Texas would help us in conference realignment, I'd take it.

chriscbear
Texas is the 55 year old cougar who has her boyfriend (ESPN) convinced she's still hot and a10. She lives in a big mansion because her daddy left her a $100,000,000 trust fund, but its almost gone now. But she's a blond mentally. Outside of her neighborhood no one likes her because she is a snob. She needs plastic surgery real bad. This is UT.
FLBear5630
UT would not help Baylor. What Baylor has they scoff, religion, focus on teaching, and a conservative curriculum. Baylor represents everything UT disagrees.

No, UT would prefer Baylor relegated to the level of Liberty or Occidental. They would do the same to Notre Dame too, if they could. Boston College better watch out! They can end up back in Big East days, very easy if the UT's of the world are calling the shots.

UT is one liberal minded institution, there is no way Baylor gets a look. OU was a better shot.
RegentCoverup
Hopkins247 said:

Texas is the #1 - #3 athletic program in the country depending on how you measure it.

In spending, I agree.

In wins, not even Top 20.
This site leaks private information to Baylor Regents and Administration
RegentCoverup
RMF5630 said:

UT would not help Baylor. What Baylor has they scoff, religion, focus on teaching, and a conservative curriculum. Baylor represents everything UT disagrees.

100% correct.

The good news is, the country agrees with Baylor.
This site leaks private information to Baylor Regents and Administration
parch
What's interesting to me is that on their own either of them would've been a more than acceptable package for the SEC. Had UT or OU gone to the SEC individually that's pretty much a rubber stamp accept. Working together on this as A&M and UT did not is interesting, as their interests don't converge in every sense of the word.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.