Football
Sponsored by

Sorry, Kansas: The Big Ten's priority needs to be football, not basketball

1,241 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by historian
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
gobears20
Staff
I do think basketball plays a small piece in this because it is still a revenue maker but yes football is king and I don't see Kansas being a big target for the big ten. I still think they want some PAC 12 schools.
gobears20
Staff
Polo Bear
Man, the B1G has been making terrible decisions lately.
TinFoilHatPreacherBear
gobears20 said:

I do think basketball plays a small piece in this because it is still a revenue maker but yes football is king and I don't see Kansas being a big target for the big ten. I still think they want some PAC 12 schools.
They're going to do to basketball what they're doing to football. The basketball conferences will realign. So a school's conference affiliation will be split between the money sports and non money sports. That way ESPN can better pay for the teams that it wants to televise, rather than paying conferences with a lot of dead weight. ESPN is picking the winners and losers of this realignment in football and it will do so in basketball. Fortunately basketball will have a much wider pool of winners, and we'll be among them.
historian
I wonder if there is sufficient grounds to prosecute ESPN for antitrust violations.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.