Football
Sponsored by

SIAP: Okie St Fan Speaks MASSIVE TRUTH

3,822 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Quinton
LK4BU87
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This about sums it up. I feel EXACTLY THE SAME.

https://www.heartlandcollegesports.com/2021/07/23/an-oklahoma-state-fan-to-texas-oklahoma-good-riddance-im-tired/
Born_A_Bear
This is an excellent article.
RegentCoverup
Required reading and spot on.

I dont know of any people that are really complaining...
This site leaks private information to Baylor Regents and Administration
whitetrash
And the related article listed there, saying OU wants to continue Bedlam:

https://www.heartlandcollegesports.com/2021/07/30/oklahoma-president-wants-bedlam-rivalry-to-continue/
RegentCoverup
Yep, step 1 is to find some wins.

because it will be really difficult to explain that 'off week' against Auburn or Miss-State.

Born_A_Bear
Hopefully the OSU president continues to demonstrate strength and not roll over to OU as TAM did.
lakersfan34
LK4BU87 said:

https://www.heartlandcollegesports.com/2021/07/23/an-oklahoma-state-fan-to-texas-oklahoma-good-riddance-im-tired/
Big assumption to assume that either the ACC or Pac12 would actually want OSU to join their conferences.
boykin_spaniel
With the way things are looking in the coming years a league of leftovers will form, especially if a 30-40 team super league breaks away to create AAA NFL. Maybe the left out teams can carry the torch of what everyone really loves about college football.
bear2be2
lakersfan34 said:

LK4BU87 said:

Big assumption to assume that either the ACC or Pac12 would actually want OSU to join their conferences.
Yeah, that ain't happening. But the rest of it was good.
bear2be2
boykin_spaniel said:

With the way things are looking in the coming years a league of leftovers will form, especially if a 30-40 team super league breaks away to create AAA NFL. Maybe the left out teams can carry the torch of what everyone really loves about college football.
I think this is exactly what will happen. Let the bluebloods break off. That leaves 90-plus Division I programs that still want to play meaningful football and whose fans still want to watch them play.

I predict that the leftovers create a college football environment that more closely resembles pre-BCS college football with regional conferences and FCS/DII/DIII football with a vastly expanded playoff. I also predict that those who now fear the future will find that really damn fun.
gobears20
Staff
whitetrash
gobears20 said:

"I'm going to destroy our marriage, home and family to run off with the trampy showgirl, but I want to come back every year on my birthday for a booty call."
bear2be2
whitetrash said:

gobears20 said:

"I'm going to destroy our marriage, home and family to run off with the trampy showgirl, but I want to come back every year on my birthday for a booty call."
I believe they call that hubris.
Born_A_Bear
Does OSU give a ridley a** what the president of OU wants?
PartyBear
Born_A_Bear said:

Does OSU give a ridley a** what the president of OU wants?

They seem to be the most bitter about all of this.
Oldbear83
OSU responds to OU's request to continue Bedlam:

That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
PipBear
bear2be2 said:

whitetrash said:

gobears20 said:

As bad as this was, at least the OU prez acknowledged OSU's existence. The tweet from Del Conte just slobbering over their renewed relationship with A&M was disgusting. No other P5s exist in the state but A&M and UT.
Stefano DiMera
whitetrash said:

gobears20 said:

"I'm going to destroy our marriage, home and family to run off with the trannie showgirl, but I want to come back every year on my birthday for a booty call."

Fixed it for ya.
Timbear
The shear arrogance of UT and OU is staggering.
Canada2017
LK4BU87 said:

Good read.

The Big 12 was possibly the best football conference in the country back when Nebraska, Colorado, A&M and Missouri were still involved .

But then UT tried to enforce their same strong arm tactics like they had in the old SWC.....but Nebraska ( Tom Osborne ) wasn't going to take that bull*****

So goodbye Big 12 and hello to the Big 12 ( 10 ) abomination .

Who is REALLY surprised OU and UT finally left ?

Baylor shouldn't be. The handwriting was clearly on the wall for years.

Baylor deserves a place in the basketball crazy ACC.

If they don't have one after all these years of warning signs....that is 100% the responsibility of the BU administration .
ScottS
gobears20 said:

There is a way.......DON'T LEAVE THE CONFERENCE.
PartyBear
PipBear said:

bear2be2 said:

whitetrash said:

gobears20 said:

As bad as this was, at least the OU prez acknowledged OSU's existence. The tweet from Del Conte just slobbering over their renewed relationship with A&M was disgusting. No other P5s exist in the state but A&M and UT.

Imagine how TCU is feeling. He was their long time AD until 3 years ago. Imagine seeing Mack being AD at Texas and reading these quotes and he hasn't been a long time AD here yet.
RegentCoverup
I warned my TCU friends that this would eventually happen. The more country club, non-football folks didn't understand, but a few did and now they're seeing my point.

We can't be in a conference with UT, because they won't abide by rules that are even.

And yet, they have our tax dollars. Therein lies the problem.
bear2be2
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

I warned my TCU friends that this would eventually happen. The more country club, non-football folks didn't understand, but a few did and now they're seeing my point.

We can't be in a conference with UT, because they won't abide by rules that are even.

And yet, they have our tax dollars. Therein lies the problem.
They won't abide by rules that are tilted heavily in their favor.
RegentCoverup
Exactly.

This is government largesse run amok. It's not like these people represent Texas, they're like, East Germany in the Communist empire.

Robert Wilson
Totally agree with his take re Ut and Ou.

Don't see the future like he sees it, but whatever.
Robert Wilson
bear2be2 said:

boykin_spaniel said:

I think this is exactly what will happen. Let the bluebloods break off. That leaves 90-plus Division I programs that still want to play meaningful football and whose fans still want to watch them play.

I predict that the leftovers create a college football environment that more closely resembles pre-BCS college football with regional conferences and FCS/DII/DIII football with a vastly expanded playoff. I also predict that those who now fear the future will find that really damn fun.

This is what I would love to see.
thomasjurisd
I'm not sure this AAA concept for football works out for the big state schools in the long run. Football is not baseball and the difference between teams practicing together and developing athletes to work within a specific scheme over years may be a difference that hasn't been thought out. How long does the average baseball player spend in AAA hoping for a call v. a typical blue chip QB or WR who spends 3 years at the college level before going to the NFL? What happens when you have all of your best skill players leaving the big programs for the NFL each year? I wonder how a revolving door will affect the stability of football programs. Maybe even more than big name coaches leaving
hey32g
It's as if this guy crawled in my head and wrote my feelings. Perfect! Now let's move on!
Quinton
thomasjurisd said:

I'm not sure this AAA concept for football works out for the big state schools in the long run. Football is not baseball and the difference between teams practicing together and developing athletes to work within a specific scheme over years may be a difference that hasn't been thought out. How long does the average baseball player spend in AAA hoping for a call v. a typical blue chip QB or WR who spends 3 years at the college level before going to the NFL? What happens when you have all of your best skill players leaving the big programs for the NFL each year? I wonder how a revolving door will affect the stability of football programs. Maybe even more than big name coaches leaving
It won't work unless they keep it larger than the 24-30 team league folks keep alluding to. That will be great short term and then will cannibalize itself. The other things keeping folks (outside of the respective fanbases) watching will be gone and honestly if its semi-pro at that point, the quality of play is pretty weak especially in comparison to the pros.

These are also the larger programs and they play mostly a vanilla style of line them up and play football. So the more entertaining schemes and innovations usually originating from smaller programs will be limited as well. Not a great long term formula but it sure will probably look great for the short term.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.