Football
Sponsored by

FOX's Joel Klatt says college football 'in desperate need' of a commissioner

1,649 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BellCountyBear
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
BaylorGrad09
Realistically the best way to "solve" the issues with college football is to create a unified league across all of the colleges and collectively bargain media rights. If (somehow) PAC12, ACC, Big10, and the remnants of the Big 12 "merged" into a single entity, you have a major force to reckon with in negotiations.

Once you have all the schools, you can much more easily split up regions and have college games that make sense again.

It won't happen, but it could save college football from itself.
TomW
Who commands the respect to be that commissioner? Who talks and the Presidents of Texas and OU, ESPN and the SEC stop and listen? Hard to think of anyone.
Media Bear
So many top leaders/execs these days pander to their clients, constituents, prospects -- and even competition -- that there are very few in existence who are able to command respect through strong leadership.

It's almost like it has become a lost art.
GShack
BaylorGrad09 said:

Realistically the best way to "solve" the issues with college football is to create a unified league across all of the colleges and collectively bargain media rights. If (somehow) PAC12, ACC, Big10, and the remnants of the Big 12 "merged" into a single entity, you have a major force to reckon with in negotiations.

Once you have all the schools, you can much more easily split up regions and have college games that make sense again.

Create CFA 2.0 without the SEC.
CorsicanaBear
They had that. The NCAA used to control TV rights. Oklahoma and Georgia sued and broke that up giving TV rights to the individual schools. That wound up breaking up the SWC and igniting the first round of realignment. On the flip side of that, all games for most fbs schools are on tv today.
bear2be2
BaylorGrad09 said:

This is my hope for the future. Conference schedules that make sense and a return to the things that make watching college football enjoyable.
historian
BaylorGrad09 said:

Correction: save can from divas like UT.
Aliceinbubbleland
Joel knows his football. I forget whether it was the La Monroe game in 2013 or WVU game but he predicted right there at half time that Baylor would win the Big 12 that year and he was correct.
historian
I don't think he was calling either game that year. He may have predicted that as an outside observer, though.
Aliceinbubbleland
He was in the stadium. I assure you of that. I remember it vividly.
thomasjurisd
I like Klatt- where do we make his nomination public? Also, I'd like to see Fox really step up and put ESPN on their heals for once!
BellCountyBear
Klatt would be better than the vagina we have "leading" the big 12 currently.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.