Charlie continues to struggle

4,831 Views | 61 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by LTBear19
Bandito
How long do you want to ignore this user?

It's not over yet, but just threw an INT that almost went for a pick 6; regardless SDSU ended up scoring. In Charlie's defense the Utah OL reminds me of Baylor's O-line last year. Announcer just said, "What's going on with Charlie Brewer?"
Alf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I take no joy in seeing Charlie struggle, wish the best for him.
Bandito
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm glad he played for us, but so far I'm very glad to have Gerry Bohannon as our starting QB.
Bandito
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Charlie just got benched.
Wichitabear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bandito said:

Charlie just got benched.
That stinks
Grumpy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
And Rising just led Utah in comeback to tie in regulation.
Iron Claw
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I had flipped over to the game and didn't see Charlie. Wondered what happened. Thanks for the update.
LagunaBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
That's a shame. I was hoping for only good things for Charlie this year.
LondonBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Lot of drop balls todays - - that trend seems to follow Charlie...
jdrs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I feel bad for Charlie if his current O-line is similar to ours last year. Was really hoping he could end college on a positive note. Too bad.
ImwithBU
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Charlie just being Charlie. No, Utah's line isn't bad. They are always good in the trenches on both sides
Jorkel
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So glad he is not on the team anymore. GB is 100x more talented. Sad GB had to wait behind him wasting his talents on the bench.
Media Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bandito said:


It's not over yet, but just threw an INT that almost went for a pick 6; regardless SDSU ended up scoring. In Charlie's defense the Utah OL reminds me of Baylor's O-line last year. Announcer just said, "What's going on with Charlie Brewer?"
Listened to the game on radio. Those announcers mentioned that Utah's OLs were having trouble playing together as a unit and were not gelling all that well so far this season.

For CB, same song, second stanza ...

Media Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
LondonBear said:

Lot of drop balls todays - - that trend seems to follow Charlie...
This typically happens to most men as they get older ...
BearTruth13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I always feel like I'm in crazy land when I hear ESPN analysts or Baylor fans acting shocked when Charlie isn't playing well.

He was an average QB that then got about 10 concussions. He is a bad QB at this point. Feel bad for the guy but he should have hung it up years ago.
ColoradoGRN&GLD
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BearTruth13 said:

I always feel like I'm in crazy land when I hear ESPN analysts or Baylor fans acting shocked when Charlie isn't playing well.

He was an average QB that then got about 10 concussions. He is a bad QB at this point. Feel bad for the guy but he should have hung it up years ago.


Charlie gave Baylor everything he had. You should be thankful that his play ever graced your screen. We root for him specifically because he is, and always will be, a Baylor Bear.

Sic 'em, Charlie
REvansBU71
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Media Bear said:

LondonBear said:

Lot of drop balls todays - - that trend seems to follow Charlie...
This typically happens to most men as they get older ...


LOL, ah, yes
Any Trump
2024

“And if you do-oo.....” - Lt. Hauk
RMF5630
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Alf said:

I take no joy in seeing Charlie struggle, wish the best for him.


He bailed. I dont want an opposing ex-player or an opposing team to do well.
Porteroso
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I think him getting benched is best for his long term health. Hope he stops playing. I like the guy, and appreciate all he did for us, but he is running himself into the ground.
SIC EM 94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
RMF5630 said:

Alf said:

I take no joy in seeing Charlie struggle, wish the best for him.


He bailed. I dont want an opposing ex-player or an opposing team to do well.


Are you wishing failure on Lovett as well?
SIC EM 94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jorkel said:

So glad he is not on the team anymore. GB is 100x more talented. Sad GB had to wait behind him wasting his talents on the bench.


Yeah, F that guy that got Baylor to the Big 12 Championship game and the Sugar Bowl! He's got nothing compared to Bohanon and his wins against Texas State, Texas Southern, and Kansas.
Jorkel
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SIC EM 94 said:

Jorkel said:

So glad he is not on the team anymore. GB is 100x more talented. Sad GB had to wait behind him wasting his talents on the bench.


Yeah, F that guy that got Baylor to the Big 12 Championship game and the Sugar Bowl! He's got nothing compared to Bohanon and his wins against Texas State, Texas Southern, and Kansas.


Agreed F that guy.
RMF5630
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SIC EM 94 said:

RMF5630 said:

Alf said:

I take no joy in seeing Charlie struggle, wish the best for him.


He bailed. I dont want an opposing ex-player or an opposing team to do well.


Are you wishing failure on Lovett as well?


I don't want a player transferring and having success. Why? Because it sets a bad precedent. I want players choosing BU staying, playing and being successful. If a player leaves and excels it shows others that maybe they should bolt too. Not a good lesson for life and not good for the program's future. You think BU has problems recruiting now, watch other players have success elsewhere during the rebuild.
Mitch Henessey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
RMF5630 said:

Alf said:

I take no joy in seeing Charlie struggle, wish the best for him.


He bailed. I dont want an opposing ex-player or an opposing team to do well.
What makes you think the decision was 100% CB's to make?

I don't have a source on this, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if the decision for him to move on to another team was mutual. Sometimes, a relationship just runs its course. No need to wish him ill. It only reflects poorly on you.
RMF5630
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mitch Henessey said:

RMF5630 said:

Alf said:

I take no joy in seeing Charlie struggle, wish the best for him.


He bailed. I dont want an opposing ex-player or an opposing team to do well.
What makes you think the decision was 100% CB's to make?

I don't have a source on this, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if the decision for him to move on to another team was mutual. Sometimes, a relationship just runs its course. No need to wish him ill. It only reflects poorly on you.


I don't care. If he doesn't play for BU anymore, I dont want him looking good. Wishing him ill? I didnt say I wanted him to get hurt, but I don't want him lighting it up for another team either.

A former player doing good fir another program is bad for BU, either a good player left or BU got rid of a good player neither is a positive.
EvilTroyAndAbed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
RMF5630 said:

Alf said:

I take no joy in seeing Charlie struggle, wish the best for him.


He bailed. I dont want an opposing ex-player or an opposing team to do well.
He played for us four full years. He graduated from Baylor. He didn't bail.
bear2be2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
RMF5630 said:

Mitch Henessey said:

RMF5630 said:

Alf said:

I take no joy in seeing Charlie struggle, wish the best for him.


He bailed. I dont want an opposing ex-player or an opposing team to do well.
What makes you think the decision was 100% CB's to make?

I don't have a source on this, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if the decision for him to move on to another team was mutual. Sometimes, a relationship just runs its course. No need to wish him ill. It only reflects poorly on you.


I don't care. If he doesn't play for BU anymore, I dont want him looking good. Wishing him ill? I didnt say I wanted him to get hurt, but I don't want him lighting it up for another team either.

A former player doing good fir another program is bad for BU, either a good player left or BU got rid of a good player neither is a positive.
This is really bad take.

If you're really concerned about Baylor recruiting, you'd understand that most players want to play places where they're treated like people. If you don't care about players once they change jerseys, you never really cared about them as people to begin with. They were just props for your team's laundry.
EvilTroyAndAbed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
RMF5630 said:

Mitch Henessey said:

RMF5630 said:

Alf said:

I take no joy in seeing Charlie struggle, wish the best for him.


He bailed. I dont want an opposing ex-player or an opposing team to do well.
What makes you think the decision was 100% CB's to make?

I don't have a source on this, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if the decision for him to move on to another team was mutual. Sometimes, a relationship just runs its course. No need to wish him ill. It only reflects poorly on you.

A former player doing good fir another program is bad for BU, either a good player left or BU got rid of a good player neither is a positive.
Really killed Bama that Hurts went to Oklahoma.
bear2be2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SIC EM 94 said:

Jorkel said:

So glad he is not on the team anymore. GB is 100x more talented. Sad GB had to wait behind him wasting his talents on the bench.


Yeah, F that guy that got Baylor to the Big 12 Championship game and the Sugar Bowl! He's got nothing compared to Bohanon and his wins against Texas State, Texas Southern, and Kansas.
I love Charlie Brewer and I love Gerry Bohanon. I wish nothing but the best for both. I've never understood why some feel the need to use one to prop up/trash the other.
vanillabryce
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It's possible wish Charlie well and remain thankful for his contributions AND be grateful that we now have a QB who appears to be a better fit for our offense.
BearTruth13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ColoradoGRN&GLD said:

BearTruth13 said:

I always feel like I'm in crazy land when I hear ESPN analysts or Baylor fans acting shocked when Charlie isn't playing well.

He was an average QB that then got about 10 concussions. He is a bad QB at this point. Feel bad for the guy but he should have hung it up years ago.


Charlie gave Baylor everything he had. You should be thankful that his play ever graced your screen. We root for him specifically because he is, and always will be, a Baylor Bear.

Sic 'em, Charlie


Sure. So were several dozen other QBs in Baylor's history. Doesn't mean all of them were very good. Charlie was fine but was not one of the top QBs we've had in the past decade or so.

RG3
Petty
Russell
Florence
Stidham
Brewer
Chris Johnson
Zach Smith
Solomon

Charlie should have stepped aside last year. He posted his worst year and was clearly not right.
SIC EM 94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bear2be2 said:

SIC EM 94 said:

Jorkel said:

So glad he is not on the team anymore. GB is 100x more talented. Sad GB had to wait behind him wasting his talents on the bench.


Yeah, F that guy that got Baylor to the Big 12 Championship game and the Sugar Bowl! He's got nothing compared to Bohanon and his wins against Texas State, Texas Southern, and Kansas.
I love Charlie Brewer and I love Gerry Bohanon. I wish nothing but the best for both. I've never understood why some feel the need to use one to prop up/trash the other.


I love both Brewer and Bohanon as well. My comment was in reference to Jokel claiming Bohanon is "100x's more talented".
SIC EM 94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BearTruth13 said:

ColoradoGRN&GLD said:

BearTruth13 said:

I always feel like I'm in crazy land when I hear ESPN analysts or Baylor fans acting shocked when Charlie isn't playing well.

He was an average QB that then got about 10 concussions. He is a bad QB at this point. Feel bad for the guy but he should have hung it up years ago.


Charlie gave Baylor everything he had. You should be thankful that his play ever graced your screen. We root for him specifically because he is, and always will be, a Baylor Bear.

Sic 'em, Charlie


Sure. So were several dozen other QBs in Baylor's history. Doesn't mean all of them were very good. Charlie was fine but was not one of the top QBs we've had in the past decade or so.

RG3
Petty
Russell
Florence
Stidham
Brewer
Chris Johnson
Zach Smith
Solomon

Charlie should have stepped aside last year. He posted his worst year and was clearly not right.


Are you suggesting Brewer should have benched himself? And if you are ranking Stidham over Brewer…you're clearly drunk!
BearTruth13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SIC EM 94 said:

BearTruth13 said:

ColoradoGRN&GLD said:

BearTruth13 said:

I always feel like I'm in crazy land when I hear ESPN analysts or Baylor fans acting shocked when Charlie isn't playing well.

He was an average QB that then got about 10 concussions. He is a bad QB at this point. Feel bad for the guy but he should have hung it up years ago.


Charlie gave Baylor everything he had. You should be thankful that his play ever graced your screen. We root for him specifically because he is, and always will be, a Baylor Bear.

Sic 'em, Charlie


Sure. So were several dozen other QBs in Baylor's history. Doesn't mean all of them were very good. Charlie was fine but was not one of the top QBs we've had in the past decade or so.

RG3
Petty
Russell
Florence
Stidham
Brewer
Chris Johnson
Zach Smith
Solomon

Charlie should have stepped aside last year. He posted his worst year and was clearly not right.


Are you suggesting Brewer should have benched himself? And if you are ranking Stidham over Brewer…you're clearly drunk!


Yep. I am. He was a liability to our team most times last year. I get that he has to look out for his own career first. But once it was apparent we were not going to be bowl eligible, I wish he would have stepped aside for the future players to get reps.

Stidham is a punk and I dislike the guy. But he was much more talented than Charlie.
oldbear69
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BearTruth13 said:

I always feel like I'm in crazy land when I hear ESPN analysts or Baylor fans acting shocked when Charlie isn't playing well.

He was an average QB that then got about 10 concussions. He is a bad QB at this point. Feel bad for the guy but he should have hung it up years ago.
Are you always such a dumb a$$$ or only on days that end in Y .....charlie is top 5 on anybody's list of baylor qbs...kid started last 4 games of his frosh year and was co-frosh offensive poy...got us an11-1 season and shot at big 12 championship game,,,a sugar bowl and 10,000 yards, 65 tds and another 1,00 yards rushing with 22 tds...call him anything you want to but average??? you are either a baylor revisionist or have early onset of dementia....next time check your facts,,,,,now go get your shinebox...
Page 1 of 2
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.