Football
Sponsored by

McLane Close to Sellout

5,888 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Johnny Bear
DanaDane
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just as I thought. Another huge bunch of bullsh*t being shoveled by the same posters. Kickoff and there's about 3,000 empty seats in the upper parter of the stadium. Virtually 100 people in the alleged "sold out" berm. And plenty of empty seats in the bottom bowl as well.
Beaneater
People come to see winners blue bloods excepted. If the bears keep winning we will fill it up.
pilgrim
The stadium size is about right. The crowd today was pretty good. Crowds across the country will continue to diminish at least slowly for most schools for reasons often stated on this board. The ongoing haranguing of Baylor fans has no effect. We should have some good home crowds this season. After today UT fans will buy up all extra tickets for Oct. 30. Better get some extras and invite friends. I already have two extras.
Stranger
DanaDane said:

Just as I thought. Another huge bunch of bullsh*t being shoveled by the same posters. Kickoff and there's about 3,000 empty seats in the upper parter of the stadium. Virtually 100 people in the alleged "sold out" berm. And plenty of empty seats in the bottom bowl as well.

On tv it looked like the place was 2/3 full. Maybe it looked better in person.

Good win, Bears!
I'm a Bearbacker
Saddle Up!
Beaneater said:

People come to see winners blue bloods excepted. If the bears keep winning we will fill it up.

Those aren't fans.
JumboShrimper
Being there id say it was 38k at the most. Alittle disappointed but I was sitting on the shade side so I'm not sure how hot it was on the student side.
MrGolfguy
Positive Bear said:

….so I'm not sure how hot it was on the student side.

It was brutal; felt like punishment at times.
Well I ain't no greenhorn!!
blackie
Positive Bear said:

Being there id say it was 38k at the most. Alittle disappointed but I was sitting on the shade side so I'm not sure how hot it was on the student side.
When my daughter was in school and sat in the student section in Floyd Casey, days like this were absolutely brutal. Without even being there I can assure you it was plenty hot. Young people can handle it better, but can't blame any for seeking shelter after a while.

Baylor has never looked like a "sellout" even when they had sellouts (all available tickets sold). Just a lot of people that buy tickets and decide not to go. Basketball is the biggest victim. I recall several times when mens or womens basketball was a sellout. Walk up to the ticket window and it would be closed. But several empty partial sections in the Ferrell center. Of course, all schools announce tickets sold, not butts in seats.
Freedomb3ar
Close to a sellout like we're close to our 3rd big 12 title
Johnny Bear
blackie said:

Positive Bear said:

When my daughter was in school and sat in the student section in Floyd Casey, days like this were absolutely brutal. Without even being there I can assure you it was plenty hot. Young people can handle it better, but can't blame any for seeking shelter after a while.

Baylor has never looked like a "sellout" even when they had sellouts (all available tickets sold). Just a lot of people that buy tickets and decide not to go. Basketball is the biggest victim. I recall several times when mens or womens basketball was a sellout. Walk up to the ticket window and it would be closed. But several empty partial sections in the Ferrell center. Of course, all schools announce tickets sold, not butts in seats.

"Never" is an exaggeration. Agreed, most of the time we have sell outs or near sell outs there are noticeably empty seats, but we do occasionally have one that actually looks like a sellout such as 2019 against OU. It's true that we usually have to have help from the visiting fans for it to actually look like a sell out.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.