Football
Sponsored by

McLane Close to Sellout

5,813 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Johnny Bear
McCavebear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
With 3 days 'til kickoff against the i state clones, there are just a few hundred seats left- all in the third tier.

Sic 'em!

McCavebear Lives!
Grumpy
How many Iowa State fans will be in those seats? That's the question.
MrGolfguy
Visitor allotment is about 4K i think? They should fill that.
Well I ain't no greenhorn!!
McCavebear
Grumpy said:

The berm sold out quickly. Hopefully to mainly Baylor fans because you can make a lot of noise down there when the opponent approaches the south goal line.
McCavebear Lives!
sporthree
Ive always watched games from the berm. I noticed no berm availability on stubhub and called the ticket office and learned only students are permitted berm tickets this season.
McCavebear
sporthree said:

Ive always watched games from the berm. I noticed no berm availability on stubhub and called the ticket office and learned only students are permitted berm tickets this season.

Outstanding! They'll be on the rail raising hell against Purdy!
McCavebear Lives!
fadskier
sporthree said:

THAT is a fantastic idea!!!

I had to sit/stand with a bunch of OU fans when we lost 34-31
Big12Bear
Grumpy said:

Uh, not that many. TX Cyclones will be there, but much of the upper end zone, where visitor overflow sits are the only tickets available with any kind of decent quantity.
BellCountyBear
All I want to know is if section 312 will be in the sun for very long Saturday after kickoff?
PipBear
BellCountyBear said:

All I want to know is if section 312 will be in the sun for very long Saturday after kickoff?

My seats are near the top of section 312 - we'll end in the shade the whole time. Depending on where your seats are in 312, you may be in the shade the whole time or the majority of the game.
Stefano DiMera
There shouldn't be too many there; I was in Vegas last week and there were thousands there for the UNLV game so I doubt they make the back to back trip.
dstaylor57
Was there a corn farmer convention in Vegas last week?
SIC EM 94
dstaylor57 said:

No but tents were on sale buy 1 get 1 free!
McCavebear
dstaylor57 said:

Maize, what you call corn...youtube.com/watch?v=z6WtmJUNqE0
McCavebear Lives!
BellCountyBear
PipBear said:

BellCountyBear said:

My seats are near the top of section 312 - we'll end in the shade the whole time. Depending on where your seats are in 312, you may be in the shade the whole time or the majority of the game.
We're row 10, so should be good. Thanks for the info! Our first season in this section.
whitetrash
SIC EM 94 said:

dstaylor57 said:

No but tents were on sale buy 1 get 1 free!
They all went to Las Vegas and said "Wow--look at the tents!"

boognish_bear
McCavebear
A few seats still available way up high!

But you better hurry 'cause they're going fast!

youtube.com/watch?v=N3TOcw7taBo

BEAT THE CLONES!

Sic 'em!!!
McCavebear Lives!
Shakesbear
Top of the 324 under the canopy should provide shade for most of game. Nice breeze up there too. With the high only in the upper 80's with low humidity, it should be a perfect day for some college football. Can't wait! Sic'em Bears!!!!!
Retreat Hell! We just got here! The 2/5
boognish_bear
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
What is the latest on the 10,000 seat expansion of McLane Stadium? It sounds like it is time!

ILLUMINATE!!! Go Bears! Beat those mighty Cyclones!!!
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
BearlyBeloved
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

What is the latest on the 10,000 seat expansion of McLane Stadium? It sounds like it is time!

What is the design? Close the horseshoe (and kill the berm)? Or can seats be added between the 29-yard lines?
Big12Bear
BearlyBeloved said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

What is the design? Close the horseshoe (and kill the berm)? Or can seats be added between the 29-yard lines?

It would be added at the top of the existing seating area. Berm would stay intact.
chriscbear
I've always wondered how you expand McLane stadium. So it would be a mini 4th tier or deck of seats on the east side and north endzone ?
OddFire71
chriscbear said:

I've always wondered how you expand McLane stadium. So it would be a mini 4th tier or deck of seats on the east side and north endzone ?
I believe it would be adding bleachers to the berm and extending the upper deck around to complete the ring. There would be a little view of the river thru the columns, but the horseshoe shape would be gone.
TheTexan88
OddFire71 said:

chriscbear said:

I believe it would be adding bleachers to the berm and extending the upper deck around to complete the ring. There would be a little view of the river thru the columns, but the horseshoe shape would be gone.
Do we really need to expand McLane? I don't think we are struggling to fill 60,000 seats every game. The current size seems perfect for our fanbase.
OddFire71
Of course we don't. Definitely need to get thru the next decade and see how things play out.
CTbruin
McLane the perfect size for us. No expansion needed.
Alf
TheTexan88 said:

OddFire71 said:

chriscbear said:

Do we really need to expand McLane? I don't think we are struggling to fill 60,000 seats every game. The current size seems perfect for our fanbase.

Agree, no need to expand McLane at this point. Until we start legitimately selling out most of our games there is no reason to expand.
Johnny Bear
Alf said:

TheTexan88 said:

OddFire71 said:

chriscbear said:

Agree, no need to expand McLane at this point. Until we start legitimately selling out most of our games there is no reason to expand.

Prolly would be a necessity at this point if the self imposed disaster hadn't happened 5+ years ago.
chriscbear
If Baylor keeps winning and keeps growing as a university then logic says you can start adding seats. Like 3000 in 3 phases would = 9000 seats. In the next 10 years probably could start adding seats. Central Texas is growing too. I don't understand the ultra conservative non growth BU fan.
boxster
Because sports attendance isn't growing in general. TV is too compelling for many these days, plus TV calls the shots with fluid game times, etc.
CTbruin
The problem with "add ons" is they look like add ons. Don't mess it up.

If we add on, we lose the reputation of on of the best college football venues in the nation.
BellCountyBear
chriscbear said:

If Baylor keeps winning and keeps growing as a university then logic says you can start adding seats. Like 3000 in 3 phases would = 9000 seats. In the next 10 years probably could start adding seats. Central Texas is growing too. I don't understand the ultra conservative non growth BU fan.
Lol, it's called throwing good money at bad ideas.
blackie
chriscbear said:

boxster and CT gave good reasons. There is also the reason of not building seats for your opponent's fans.

There are probably 15-20 or so programs today that I would be willing to feel confident that they will be top programs 15 years from now. In other words, programs that have the reputation that they can overcome just about anything thrown at them (scandals, bad hires, bad luck, whatever) and they can quickly come back. As much as we would like, Baylor is not one of them. I don't know your age, but I sat in Floyd Casey every stinking football Saturday in the 90's and 2000's and watched terrible Baylor football played before crowds of 30,000ish with almost half of that coming from cows, sooners, cowboys, raiders, aggies, etc. It was not a fun time. I would not wish that on anyone. We will not always have a team people want to watch. If the last two decades hasn't taught you that Baylor will have bad cycles, you need to go back and look at the records.

In addition to people watching from home or on the go, you also have the demographic changes. Good chunks of Baylor crowds were 50+ and that demographic is getting older. We had season tickets for over 30 years. We haven't been to a game in three years. Health and otherwise have us sidelined. Many have died. Are we all being replaced by the younger crowd that will consistently show up every game even knowing the result is going to be a blowout by the opposition. I believe not. I would also expect the spendable income for the younger crowd is not what my generation had available.

What we have is great. There is no need to screw it up by expansion.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.