Story Poster
Baylor Football

GameDay Thread: Baylor (5-1) welcomes No. 19 BYU (5-1) to McLane Stadium

October 15, 2021

Depth Chart | Class Scholarship Breakdown | Schedule | Big 12 Standings | Roster

Baylor (5-1) looks to stay on track and earn bowl eligibility against No. 19-ranked BYU (5-1) at McLane Stadium on Saturday afternoon in a Homecoming game. 

Quote of the week...

Dave Aranda: “For us like to have a great Monday and for us to have really intentional meetings, when we're out in practice today and we're on the left hash and we're gonna take the drill and go to the right hash, we need to jog and run to that. I'm gonna be... my day is going to be really kind of are we running to this, right? Are we looking to get the most out of today? Or are we looking just to kind of go through the motions because we had a W on Saturday as opposed to an L the week before? I see this week is really being central that way. In terms of how we do what we do.”

Craig Smoak’s Players to Watch 

Baylor — Wide Receiver Drew Estrada 

Estrada cracked the starting lineup for the first time as a Bear last week against West Virginia, and the past couple of games have shown why he was such a highly thought of transfer addition. Now healthier, Estrada is squarely in the mix and has caught ten passes for 178 yards in the past two weeks while also showing his strength as a blocker. It's only a matter of time until he finds the endzone for his first touchdown in green and gold. 

BYU — Quarterback Jaren Hall 

Hall made his return to the lineup last week after missing the previous two contests with bruised ribs and proceeded to surpass the 300-yard passing mark for the first time in his career. Unfortunately, BYU's backs lost three fumbles (one on special teams), the offense failed twice on fourth down, they struggled in the rain, and Hall was picked off on 3rd and 20 in BSU territory to seal the deal. He's a capable passer but still young in his experience and development. The sophomore is also a threat running the ball, although the injury seemed to sideline that aspect of his game last week. 

Pregame Show | Saturday, 12:30 p.m. CT

Discussion from...

GameDay Thread: Baylor (5-1) welcomes No. 19 BYU (5-1) to McLane Stadium

30,472 Views | 430 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by bear2be2
BearConvert
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Going bowling!
IowaBear
Well I said the week of WV that If we beat WV we would finish the home stand 7-1. 1 more to go
Timbear
Isn't Aranda 8-8 overall now?
MrGolfguy
GET 6 BABY!!!!
Well I ain't no greenhorn!!
Bear8084
Great win to get bowl eligible again! And pn Homecoming Weekend! Pretty much a dominating game and that o-line is getting nasty! Sic 'Em!!!!
Jack Bauer
Quote of the year!!

Quote:

BUGWBBear said:
Struggling agains Kansas…gonna be a long rebuild 4 win year.
MrGolfguy
Jack Bauer said:

Dumbass of the year!!

Quote:

BUGWBBear said:

Fixed
Well I ain't no greenhorn!!
blackie
MrGolfguy said:

Jack Bauer said:

Dumbass of the year!!

Quote:

BUGWBBear said:

Fixed
He is just a victim of a few people on the boards. They see something that doesn't look good, and expects no one to do anything to improve. Hope that isn't their attitude in their career. Only the fans have football wisdom, the football coaches are clueless......right?
Jack Bauer
bear2be2
Jack Bauer said:

Quote of the year!!

Quote:

BUGWBBear said:

Consider the source.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.