Football
Sponsored by

DougO's Baylor vs Brigham Young pics

2,318 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by StatMan
Dia del DougO
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Having to work on a different PC and clunkier software, it's taking way longer to edit these, and harder for me to see. After a handful of pics I decided to start making them a bit larger. Probably about time for that. So you'll see a bigger pic if you click on each link.

I somehow managed to get myself block out of ever touchdown, but whatever...

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
Dia del DougO
This is where the larger pics start. Probably not going to replace the first batch because I'm tired of messing with it.

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
Dia del DougO

Dia del DougO

Dia del DougO

Dia del DougO

CTbruin
Excellent work!
historian
Great stuff, as always!

Thanks for sharing.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
baylor1984
Always love these pics !
Jack Bauer
Mrs RG3 running the line in leather pants!
Pale Rider
Awesome. Could look at those all day. Thanks.
1713 Baylor
They're fantastic but I feel I'm selling you short to just say these are fantastic. You've got a true skill at capturing the moment as it is happening. I have no idea how you do it, but you managed to capture several images of game-changing events just before they happened and through the time they happened.

For example, the shots of Rauschenberg's (sp?) foot poised just over the top of the football before he does the onside kick, and James Franklin with his huge right hand up and about to knock the ball out of Hall's hands are two that I look at and say "how did he know that was coming?"

I also like the sequenced shots, Sneed with the stiff-arm and escape, Abrams and Ebner breaking into the clear. On those shots the eyes are the best feature. You can see them running in one direction, but constantly checking another to see the path.

Really great stuff. Thanks for doing this and for sharing them.
trey3216
Fantastic work as always Doug!
Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
Yodes
Love these pictures. Great job and thanks for sharing.
2023 Adopt-a-Bear

Richard Reese

Soph RB, 5’9”, 179 lbs

Rushing: 52-241 yds LNG: 28 TD:2
Receiving: 5-16 yds LNG: 10
Returns: 2-35 yds LNG: 19
False starts: 0
Dia del DougO
1713 Baylor said:

They're fantastic but I feel I'm selling you short to just say these are fantastic. You've got a true skill at capturing the moment as it is happening. I have no idea how you do it, but you managed to capture several images of game-changing events just before they happened and through the time they happened.

For example, the shots of Rauschenberg's (sp?) foot poised just over the top of the football before he does the onside kick, and James Franklin with his huge right hand up and about to knock the ball out of Hall's hands are two that I look at and say "how did he know that was coming?"

I also like the sequenced shots, Sneed with the stiff-arm and escape, Abrams and Ebner breaking into the clear. On those shots the eyes are the best feature. You can see them running in one direction, but constantly checking another to see the path.

Really great stuff. Thanks for doing this and for sharing them.
Sometimes you just get lucky, just like sometimes you're in the wrong place, like how I missed every TD being scored, blocked out by a pile of dudes or a goalpost padding, or whatever.

On the kick I just decided on a whim that I wanted to try to get foot on ball contact up close from that angle, which is something I had not really done before.
Dia del DougO

Bonus pic. After watching the replay on TV and remembered I had a shot of this.

Bear89
Well done, DougO! Well done.
Jack Bauer
Doug- do you get a press pass on the field? These are SI quality!! It is a bonus every week to the game itself- thank you
osoprimo
thank you - good stuff
Dia del DougO
Jack Bauer said:

Doug- do you get a press pass on the field? These are SI quality!! It is a bonus every week to the game itself- thank you
I get credentialed through a couple of medium-priority publications that usually are good for Baylor games and others. But there is still some cutbacks on media credentials due to covid stuff and I don't believe I will be able to get in for the Texas or OU games.
Dia del DougO
That pic shows how BYU had great difficulty moving the sticks this past Saturday.
historian
I hope you do make it to the Texas & OU games. Your photos are always the best and those are the biggest games of the year.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
cyberbear

Nice rack in the background.
cyberbear

Is there any doubt BU fans prefer green to gold?
Jack Bauer
Dia del DougO said:

Doing his John Cena "You can't see me" impersonation!
gold rewards
Excellence.

2 or 3 pics past the exceptional picture of the jumping girl, Abrams is running down the sideline. His right knee is exposed in those two pics. Incredible. Just shows how much these guys truly give up their bodies for the game.

Loved the clarity and detail on each pic. Just jumps out at you off the screen. Even in the background -- in the pic of the BYU guy getting knocked into the sticks, look at the faces of the cheer girls in the background. Must've been a heck of a hit.

Last, the receiver catching the long ball, looked like he was cradling a baby, his eyes zeroed in. Well done.
Dia del DougO
cyberbear said:

Is there any doubt BU fans prefer green to gold?
Very few people look good in yellow.
REvansBU71
Great, Doug!!
Any Trump

“And if you do-oo.....” - Lt. Hauk
StatMan
Fantastic photos!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.