Football
Sponsored by

Is Rattler headed to the portal?

3,368 Views | 34 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by cowboycwr
Chamberman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.outkick.com/uh-oh-spencer-rattler-has-deleted-ou-from-his-instagram-bio/

His instagram bio used to say QB at OU. Now it just says QB.
Mr Tulip
I would think Rattler is closer to going home to train for the NFL combine. I don't believe playing college ball next season anywhere is in his plan, and likely never was.
contrario
Mr Tulip said:

I would think Rattler is closer to going home to train for the NFL combine. I don't believe playing college ball next season anywhere is in his plan, and likely never was.
You don't think he needs another year to show what he can do? You think losing his starting job early in the season is his best foot forward for the NFL?
PartyBear
If he cant start in college, isnt trying to jump to the NFL a strange move?
Timbear
can a guy play Pro ball when he can't start in college?
BUGWBBear
contrario said:

Mr Tulip said:

You don't think he needs another year to show what he can do? You think losing his starting job early in the season is his best foot forward for the NFL?

No. But he (Rattler) does.
ScottS
CFL
Baylorbear88
Timbear said:

Kliff Kingsbury (from a coaching standpoint) says hi.
Chamberman
Mr Tulip said:

going home to train for the NFL combine
For his sake, let's hope you're not his agent.
Chamberman
https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/college/asu/2021/10/19/spencer-rattler-transfer-arizona-state-asu-named-top-desintation/8524360002/

These guys think he's headed to ASU.
IowaBear
Unless Daniels declares then there's no way he starts at ASU
Chamberman
Dia del DougO
I like Mel for what he is, but man, tabbing Rattler number one was just totally off the wall jumping the gun turribad ranking.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
Mitch Blood Green
Timbear said:

Yes, but he's not ready.
vanillabryce
Timbear said:

Matt Cassell is the only example I could think of
ScottS
Think NIL has ruined Rattler? He got 800k and maybe didn't work as hard as he should have. To make the NFL you must bust your butt to differentiate from average college players.
cowboycwr
Leaving for the NFL would just not make sense.

No team would touch him if he was benched. Basically any other player that gets benched doesn't get drafted. As mentioned above Matt cassell is the only player I can think of that was a backup and made an nfl team.

Leaving early is for players that are doing well.

We should all remember Seastrunk and what happened to him leading to the argument of would another year have made a difference. But at least he was playing and doing well.
EvilTroyAndAbed
ScottS said:

Think NIL has ruined Rattler? He got 800k and maybe didn't work as hard as he should have. To make the NFL you must bust your butt to differentiate from average college players.
No. That doesn't have anything to do with fumbling. He had a big ego before the money. If he were smart, he'd bypass a P5 school and really work hard at a G5 school. He could go to UCF or Coastal Carolina and excel. It would help him get drafted as well.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
vanillabryce said:

Timbear said:

If I'm not mistaken, I think that Tom Brady guy only started one year in college. Things seem to have worked out for him.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
BUGWBBear
Chamberman said:

https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/college/asu/2021/10/19/spencer-rattler-transfer-arizona-state-asu-named-top-desintation/8524360002/

These guys think he's headed to ASU.

He'd have better luck with UA. They're still holding tryouts.
vanillabryce
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

vanillabryce said:

Timbear said:

If I'm not mistaken, I think that Tom Brady guy only started one year in college. Things seem to have worked out for him.

Jalen Hurts got benched for Tua. Transferred to OU and is starting for Philly.
cowboycwr
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

vanillabryce said:

Timbear said:

True. There are plenty of guys that only started one year and got drafted. The key word is started or played though.
Harrison Bergeron
Of course he is. He was headed for the portal the second Williams scored his first TD vs. Texas.
vanillabryce
Hypothetical: OU plays KU this weekend. They're up 56-10 in the 4th.

What happens when Riley pulls Williams? Rattler or Ralph the QB3???
Chamberman
vanillabryce said:

Since we're talking hypotheticals. At half time Leipold, may pull Rattler out of the portal, put him in a Jayhawk uniform to play against OU in the 2nd half.
Russell Gym
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

vanillabryce said:

Timbear said:

Rare, for sure
vanillabryce
Chamberman said:

vanillabryce said:

Since we're talking hypotheticals. At half time Leipold, may pull Rattler out of the portal, put him in a Jayhawk uniform to play against OU in the 2nd half.

Lawrence auto dealership offers three new cars for Rattker to enter portal. KU offers to cooperate with investigators for help with NCAA giving him immediate eligibility. KU loses 63-14 instead of 63-3.
1845_Society
Another Wuss who's got his prima donna underwear all bunched up.......
Give
Russell Gym
Heads A Rattlin'
Jorkel
1845_Society said:

Similar to ole Charlie Brewer accept Charlie has done it twice now so perhaps he is 2x the primadonna
NeuroticBear
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

ScottS said:

No. That doesn't have anything to do with fumbling. He had a big ego before the money. If he were smart, he'd bypass a P5 school and really work hard at a G5 school. He could go to UCF or Coastal Carolina and excel. It would help him get drafted as well.
That same ego would have him reject going to a G5 school.
EvilTroyAndAbed
NeuroticBear said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

ScottS said:

That same ego would have him reject going to a G5 school.
I said that's what he should do, not what he would do.
EvilTroyAndAbed
Jorkel said:

1845_Society said:

Similar to ole Charlie Brewer accept Charlie has done it twice now so perhaps he is 2x the primadonna
I don't think he was a prima donna when he left Baylor. But the stuff at Utah is hard to explain away.
PartyBear
It is t really hard to explain. He got benched he doesn't think his playing days are over so he wants to see if another program will take him and start him. I'm not saying I agree with him, but he has to try to do what he wants to do.
drahthaar
Charlie busted his backside every play so far as I can tell...never tanked. He's gold so far as I'm concerned and "Utah" doesn't mean squat to me.

Rattler, on the other hand, can pound sand. Who cares what the guy does?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.