Football
Sponsored by

WTH: Werner in Aranda & the LSU job

1,628 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by historian
historian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/wacotrib.com/sports/college/baylor/john-werner-denial-name-of-game-in-coaching-searches-with-baylors-aranda-on-deck/article_f1b5767e-31e9-11ec-89c5-836879353a8c.amp.html
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
no-one
This is really a nothing-burger. Werner ended with "If the Baylor football team keeps winning, Aranda's name will get hotter on the job market. But he doesn't strike me as a coach who's using Baylor as a stepping stone for a more prominent college football program or a Rhule-like leap to the NFL.After establishing himself as one of the nation's top defensive coordinators, Aranda is just beginning to prove himself as a head coach. I suspect he'll be here awhile. I don't expect Baylor to become a feeder school for LSU head coaches."
So why worry about it or stir it up/\?

bossbowman
no-one said:

This is really a nothing-burger. Werner ended with "If the Baylor football team keeps winning, Aranda's name will get hotter on the job market. But he doesn't strike me as a coach who's using Baylor as a stepping stone for a more prominent college football program or a Rhule-like leap to the NFL.After establishing himself as one of the nation's top defensive coordinators, Aranda is just beginning to prove himself as a head coach. I suspect he'll be here awhile. I don't expect Baylor to become a feeder school for LSU head coaches."

He was just at LSU, of course he will go back if asked
no-one
lol. Yes, the sky must be falling because you trolls suggested it. lol Actually, when OU and TU, your football gods move to the SEC, they will end up just like Colorado, Missouri, Texas A&M, and Arkansas- also rans. Why? because Alabama controls the 'good old boy system' of the South- its politics and its money. All the loyal 'good ole boys' are set up for success in the SEC and they send you? LOL Good luck. Keep a stirring! The sky is falling. The sky is falling. lol
Bear2014
bossbowman said:

no-one said:

i dont know about that. He doesnt fit the LSU culture, like at all. If he were to leave, it would be for Southern California, where he is from. I think the Aranda fits in perfectly at Baylor. I dont see him leaving anyitme soon. It would be nice for Baylor to have a long-time coach, like Teaff to hang our hats on
57Bear
Bear2014 said:

bossbowman said:

no-one said:

i dont know about that. He doesnt fit the LSU culture, like at all. If he were to leave, it would be for Southern California, where he is from. I think the Aranda fits in perfectly at Baylor. I dont see him leaving anyitme soon. It would be nice for Baylor to have a long-time coach, like Teaff to hang our hats on
Are his wife and family a perfect fit at Baylor?
JustWinBears
bossbowman said:

no-one said:

That would be a massive mistake on his part. LSU isn't where you want to be if you're a new head coach. You're not going to get patience or support if you make mistakes there. The reason Baylor is successful with coaches is we don't put them in a vice and squeeze them if they don't perform the year they arrive, we allow them the freedom experiment and build the program they want. If Aranda goes back to LSU as the head coach he'll be fired in 3 years. That's not to say Aranda hasn't shown great growth as a head coach here, but he's not likely to be on the hot seat here anytime soon as long as he has 7 wins and is showing progress. Going to LSU they are going to expect national championship aspirations immediately and if he falters a year or two getting the program up and running he'd be on the hot seat and out by year 3.
historian
No doubt Aranda knows the LSU culture very well. If it's as bad as everyone says then he probably will have little or no interest.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.