Football
Sponsored by

Pitre deserves a hero's send off at Senior Day.

1,611 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by boognish_bear
86bearwes
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I don't know how, and I don't know who, but someone needs to do something special to recognize what Jalen has meant to BU Nation. He stayed when everyone else bailed. He's had 3 different head coaches, and stayed for them all. He's a beast on this D. And it appears that he's a terrific person off the field as well.

How do we say thank you to him in a meaningful way?
CizzLark
Could borrow what's called a tifo from soccer

FirstBaylorBear
I totally agree, I said when he arrived that he would be my favorite Baylor Bear no matter how he played. I hope we can do something special for him.
SMack
I also appreciate this young man's loyalty and grit.

He's a heck of a football player, too.

I think it's legal to buy him a gold Trans Am now, right?
jdrs
At first when he stayed, I was just in awe of a young man keeping his commitment. Now I am in awe of his talent. Definitely deserves all the praise we can give him!
ABC BEAR
An award named in his honor would be appropriate, I think. Something that coaches can award each year to a player who displays the same characteristics of dedication, commitment and hard work as Jalen has.
BaylorGrad09
ABC BEAR said:

An award named in his honor would be appropriate, I think. Something that coaches can award each year to a player who displays the same characteristics of dedication, commitment and hard work as Jalen has.

This would be an awesome gesture.
T-REX
86bearwes said:

I don't know how, and I don't know who, but someone needs to do something special to recognize what Jalen has meant to BU Nation. He stayed when everyone else bailed. He's had 3 different head coaches, and stayed for them all. He's a beast on this D. And it appears that he's a terrific person off the field as well.

How do we say thank you to him in a meaningful way?

by attending the game and not using thanksgiving weekend as an excuse
DFW Baylor Social Media Promoter
Baylor MBA 2023
THE BAYLOR APOLOGY TOUR IS OVER!!!
Twitter: T_REX1991
Instagram: t_rex_bu
historian
Maybe a bunch of people could join together and fund a scholarship in his honor.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
parch
Pitre could've been terrible and I still would've loved him. The fact that he's a Thorpe candidate makes his arc that much more incredible. Has to be an all-time favorite around here. He was the only commit Rhule had for the 2017 class when he took the job in early December. Someone make him a mural on campus somewhere.
Beverly Hills Bear
After all that he has been through wouldn't it be fitting karma to see him and the bears somehow make the playoffs??
hodedofome
I can't imagine Baylor football without him this year. He is a game changer. What an amazing football player.
boognish_bear
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.