Football
Sponsored by

Do we want OSU to win today?

3,063 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by IowaBear
TheDaneCookOfMartialArts
How long do you want to ignore this user?
For BIG 12 championship opportunity, how do we want the schedule to fall for OU, OSU, etc?
IowaBear
Need them to lose. But realistically none of this matters If we don't take care of Tx and TCU lose either of those and we're out of the running
Stefano DiMera
In the grand scheme it doesn't matter but yes preferably they lose..if one of the Oklahoma schools run the table they're in obviously.

We just have to make sure that school isn't OU otherwise they're the 2nd school on the championship game.
ColoradoGRN&GLD
I think Baylor can run the table from here on out and would like to get a second chance at OSU. Therefore, Go Pokes!
1845_Society
no
Give
Aliceinbubbleland
No. You want ISU to win the game to give us the best chance.
ColoradoGRN&GLD
I get that. Just saying what I would LIKE to see happen. Odds are we drop another game and need to rely on tiebreakers to determine who plays in the CCG. That stinker in Stillwater feels worse to me now than it did at the time.
ImABearToo
An undefeated OSU vs 1 loss BU for b12 championship, how big a win would that be for Baylor?
LTBear19
If our main goal is to win the Big XII Title, then the simple answer is no.

Ideally, you'd want OSU to lose today, followed by ISU losing a second conference game somewhere down the line.

Obviously, this is all moot if we lose a second conference game (especially if that second loss is against OU).

But if we win out and the above happens, then we'd be guaranteed of playing in the Big XII Title game, as OU and OSU would each have at least 1 one loss heading into their Bedlam matchup.

It's not the end of the world if OSU wins today, but I think we'd all prefer to avoid a potential three-way tie involving OU, OSU, and Baylor at season's end.

vanillabryce
No, we already have the tie breaker with a 1 loss ISU.
DST
No.
ColoradoGRN&GLD
I guess if we win out and OSU only loses to OU, then it would be a three way tie for the #1 spot. Not sure who would be left out in that scenario.
bear2be2
I don't care who wins. We control our own destiny.

In favor of OSU winning, I want another shot at the Pokes in the Big 12 title game.

In favor of ISU winning, three one-loss teams with games remaining against OU make it easier to keep the Sooners out of the Big 12 title game.
vanillabryce
ColoradoGRN&GLD said:

I guess if we win out and OSU only loses to OU, then it would be a three way tie for the #1 spot. Not sure who would be left out in that scenario.

Someone posted the tiebreaker scenario earlier this season and I think one of the tie breakers is point differential but I could be wrong
Stefano DiMera
That's the 3rd tiebreaker..first is a mini round robin among the 3...then the records of those f those 4 against rest of conference starting from top to bottom..

It would take a lot to get to point differential..

EvilTroyAndAbed
bear2be2 said:

Not necessarily.
Timbear
If we beat UT on Saturday, I'll be thrilled.
JumboShrimper
..and we expect to. Baylor is the better team but as shown in 2015 and '16 the better team doesn't always win.
bear2be2
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

bear2be2 said:

Not necessarily.
There are only four teams left with a chance to finish with one or fewer conference loss.

Baylor only has OU remaining.
Iowa State still plays OSU and OU.
Oklahoma State still plays ISU and OU.
Oklahoma still plays all three.

While there's still a remote chance of utter chaos at the top of this league, if we finish 8-1, we're virtually guaranteed a spot in the Big 12 title game.
Dia del DougO
Don't care as long as Baylor wins. We'll meet them in Arlington.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
EvilTroyAndAbed
bear2be2 said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

bear2be2 said:

Not necessarily.
There are only four teams left with a chance to finish with one or fewer conference loss.

While there's still a remote chance of utter chaos at the top of this league, if we finish 8-1, we're virtually guaranteed a spot in the Big 12 title game.
My "not necessarily" equals your "virtually." We do not control our own destiny. If we win out, the odds are overwhelmingly in our favor that we are in the top two, but ... not necessarily.
bear2be2
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

bear2be2 said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

bear2be2 said:

Not necessarily.

My "not necessarily" equals your "virtually." We do not control our own destiny. If we win out, the odds are overwhelmingly in our favor that we are in the top two, but ... not necessarily.
Whatever. My point stands. I don't care who wins this game or any other not involving the Bears. Win our games and let the chips fall where they fall.
Mitch Blood Green
I think we want them to win. If they win out and we win out, B12 championship game. Otherwise, we need them to lose twice.
IowaBear
They'll lose at least twice
vanillabryce
Down go the poooookes!
bear2be2
vanillabryce said:

Down go the poooookes!
I thought that was a terrible spot at the end, but it was a great game between two good teams. Both squads played really well. That was a good showcase for the new Big 12.
historian
All moot since OSU lost. This probably helps us. If we run the table, we will be in Arlington.

I really want OU to lose 2 games & be out of contention. I also know that is unlikely.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
vanillabryce
bear2be2 said:

vanillabryce said:

Down go the poooookes!
I thought that was a terrible spot at the end, but it was a great game between two good teams. Both squads played really well. That was a good showcase for the new Big 12.

Yes I agree, bad spot. ISU has a knack for upsetting OSU when they're undefeated in Ames.

The new B12 will be really fun at the top.
bear2be2
vanillabryce said:

bear2be2 said:

vanillabryce said:

Down go the poooookes!

Yes I agree, bad spot. ISU has a knack for upsetting OSU when they're undefeated in Ames.

The new B12 will be really fun at the top.
And losing to them exclusively in October otherwise. That's a really weird series.
BellCountyBear
bear2be2 said:

vanillabryce said:

Down go the poooookes!
It was the correct spot.
bear2be2
historian said:

All moot since OSU lost. This probably helps us. If we run the table, we will be in Arlington.

I really want OU to lose 2 games & be out of contention. I also know that is unlikely.
I don't know how unlikely it is, to be honest. OU has only played one team on the level of Baylor, Iowa State and Oklahoma State, and they needed a miracle to win that game. That's a tough stretch of games at the end of the regular season.
bear2be2
BellCountyBear said:

bear2be2 said:

vanillabryce said:

Down go the poooookes!
It was the correct spot.
Based on what? From what I saw, the ball was at least six inches past the line and the receiver's knee never touched before that.
IowaBear
Yup spot was fine, people just need something to complain sbout
BellCountyBear
bear2be2 said:

BellCountyBear said:

bear2be2 said:

vanillabryce said:

Down go the poooookes!
It was the correct spot.
Based on what? From what I saw, the ball was at least six inches past the line and the receiver's knee never touched before that.
You didn't see *****
Aliceinbubbleland
You mean he was short by a turd?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.