Obit for John Burleson, Jr. 8/24/23

2,425 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Gatepost
SSadler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Link to Waco Trib obit for John Burleson, Jr.

John Burleson Obituary (1956 - 2022) - Waco, TX - Waco Tribune-Herald (legacy.com)

Most of you would recognize John, even if you did not know him personally. Very few fans/entire families travel to support Baylor athletic events as John, Debra and their children did.

One of the really good guys.

Cancer SUCKS!
BaylorGuy314
I had no idea he was ill. Great guy. Prayers.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
A great man that raised some great sons and a daughter who loved Baylor.

He'll definitely be missed.
CTbruin
Great friend and a great lawyer.

We traveled all over the country to Baylor sports and playing golf. Played Pebble Beach and Pinehurst together.

He will be missed
forza orsi
He was a really great guy and I'll miss him a lot. We collaborated on a lot of stuff over the years. A good lawyer with a lot of common sense and a good kind heart. All the best attributes in one guy.
Robert Wilson
Terrible.

Great guy.
joso54
I lost my mom last year to cancer, and it's like slowly ripping off a bandaid. The pain is immeasurable, and each day has its ups and downs.

However, as time wanes, the amount of "downs" become less substantial. I'm sorry for your loss.
CooterBU
I am so sorry and saddened to hear this news. I have so many great memories seeing John and family at the ballpark through the years. My prayers are with you and your family.
Deacon Bear
Sat down the aisle from he and his family many times at Floyd Casey. Was always a gentleman. I seem to remember tears of joy streaming down his face after the RGIII OU win and last game ever there- frigid conference title clincher over UT.
Gatepost
Baylor friends and just friends of John,

I got to know John and his family in1968, when I helped in a basketball league...John was very competitive and could give you a look that could kill.

In the summer of 1970, I had the first Basketball Camp in Texas...The name was
Camp Roundball...John and Charlie were campers that first year. They came every year.

Their parents helped me a lot...

John called a lot of my games as a Waco Official...I was the basketball coach at University High Schoo...My goal in games that he called...was to make him smile...He called time out in one game and pulled me out to mid-court...He informed me that he was going to give me a technical foul...If I continued to make him smile...I informed him that he was welcome to "T" me up...As he walked away...I called his name...He turned and looked at me...My response was..."Come on John, smile one more time...He said Gatewood...you make me so mad...

Right now John is in "HEAVEN" smiling down on all of us and my guess is...He won't be mad anymore..

'I LOVE YOU JOHN
Larry Gatewood

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.