Floyd Casey Stadium

2,261 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Stranger
Jack Bauer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I drove by the old stadium a few weeks ago to see it is still a massive vacant lot. The only thing there was a broke down car and some cherry pickers being stored there.

Any plans to build there yet?
Grumpy
It is unfortunate that Waco has not yet taken advantage of that space. It would have been nice had they done something creative like a pocket neighborhood development named after Floyd Casey with certain features in it reminiscent of the stadium.
CammoTX
Would be a great location for a botanical gardens. The City of Houston is in the process of converting a derelict golf course on the SE side into a botanical gardens right now.

Takes vision, will power, and, above all, money (preferably with help from private benefactors).
BaylorHistory
I'm not going to lie. I miss FCS. Sure it wasn't nice and the new one is really great and all, but the nostalgia of being a kid still outweighs even 61-58 to me.
“People who live in glass houses...have to answer the door."
D. C. Bear
BaylorHistory said:

I'm not going to lie. I miss FCS. Sure it wasn't nice and the new one is really great and all, but the nostalgia of being a kid still outweighs even 61-58 to me.
Username checks out.
Wichitabear
That's sweet. I love McLane. But I get it
SSadler
Every sabbath there are at least TWO sacred spaces (shrines) I visit--always in the same order.

(1) Shipley's on south Valley Mills

(2) The ruins/site of Baylor Stadium (name intentional) where I observe sacred communion via a diet Coke and 2 chocolate iced

[On SOME sabbaths I might actually make it to a a third shrine--my local church--but only if the spirit moves--and only if I have time after I've driven BACK to Shipley's for a third].

dave714
Grumpy said:

It is unfortunate that Waco has not yet taken advantage of that space. It would have been nice had they done something creative like a pocket neighborhood development named after Floyd Casey with certain features in it reminiscent of the stadium.
Everything is moving towards I-35. Especially south.
BUbearinARK
SSadler said:

Every sabbath there are at least TWO sacred spaces (shrines) I visit--always in the same order.

(2) The ruins/site of Baylor Stadium (name intentional) where I observe sacred communion via a diet Coke and 2 chocolate iced

[On SOME sabbaths I might actually make it to a a third shrine--my local church--but only if the spirit moves--and only if I have time after I've driven BACK to Shipley's for a third].

Love it! You can do this everyday. Unless you really are just on sabbatical

(yes to the bolded, btw)
Stranger
SSadler said:

Preach on, brother.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.