Water Works building coming back to life

3,814 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by william
Edmond Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
After a big riot, gunfire, stabbings, and being empty for 10 years, the Water Works building has been sold and is coming back to life....as an office building. The new owners are visioning some pretty cool uses. But, it won't be a restaurant or a nightclub.

https://www.wacotrib.com/news/business/local-couple-acquires-historic-water-works-building-in-east-waco/article_1956144e-4541-5e32-8524-574d9cbaadf3.html

Wichitabear
I'm glad to see this. I remember going there with my friends. It was great during its time. Glad to see it being revived.
dougl999
always went when Trout Fishing in America played and The Killer Beez (lead singer always tried to have the Bono look). Late 80's.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
dougl999 said:

always went when Trout Fishing in America played and The Killer Beez (lead singer always tried to have the Bono look). Late 80's.

The lead singer in the early 90s was all dreadlocked
BUVA
I worked there the fall of '76. Texas International Airlines had recently changed their logo, so the owners of WW got a bunch of the old TI barfbags and used them as doggie bags. It was a fun place to work! Great tips on Sunday brunches during home game weekends; everybody got their parents to take them there. Glad to see the building will be put to use!
forza orsi
Edmond Bear said:

After a big riot, gunfire, stabbings, and being empty for 10 years, the Water Works building has been sold and is coming back to life....as an office building. The new owners are visioning some pretty cool uses. But, it won't be a restaurant or a nightclub.

https://www.wacotrib.com/news/business/local-couple-acquires-historic-water-works-building-in-east-waco/article_1956144e-4541-5e32-8524-574d9cbaadf3.html

Taylor and Rachel Hobbs are really good people with a lot of energy. I suspect it will do well. Rachel is a CPA and Baylor grad.
Lund Vernquist
Went there a few times but mostly I remember their radio ads done by the owner in his Irish accent, which was so exotic to my limited world experience at the time.
bularry
Back in late 80s, they did a fajita buffet on one day and then later would have stand up comics. We'd go early for food and then just hang out and they never carded us so we'd get served. Good times
Sampi82
Gobearsone
The wife and I practilly lived there when we lived in Waco. We'd go for dinner, then live music when they had it. Even when they used to have comedians.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Gobearsone said:

The wife and I practilly lived there when we lived in Waco. We'd go for dinner, then live music when they had it. Even when they used to have comedians.
Welcome to the board.
Yogi
With a bar already installed, it would make a terrific law office...
"Smarter than the Average Bear."
cowboycwr
Glad to see it will be revived and used for something.

A little sad it won't be a restaurant as it was a cool place inside for the short time it was open when I was in school or the short time it was a club worth going to.
Gobearsone
Thanks but I have been on the board before with a similar name, just had en email fiasco and couldn't get my account straight so I opened a new one.
bstone1998
forza orsi said:

Taylor and Rachel Hobbs are really good people with a lot of energy. I suspect it will do well. Rachel is a CPA and Baylor grad.
I agree! They are a great family. They work hard, strive for excellence and see things through. This venture will be a success with them leading it.

Full Disclosure: We are cousins.
william
Dale?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.