Waco project update

2,969 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by FirmBear24
UBBY
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This is a response from Austin Meek who I emailed recently asking for updates on certain projects in Waco.

- Brazos Promenade and Brazos Commons are both stalled for now. Sources say that the soil is unstable for buildings over three stories which of course throws a wrench in their plans. I didn't mention that on Downtown Depot because I haven't heard it from a City official but that is the rumor.

- I haven't heard the "billion" word thrown around regarding an industrial development but Gregg Glime talks about two new industrial deals totaling about $55 million that are coming to Waco soon. This will be in the traditional industrial district off of Imperial Drive. What you may be referencing is a collaboration between the Chamber, City, and Baylor for industrial office and manufacturing space that would serve companies coming out of the B.R.I.C. This would be east of I-35 between MLK and Business 77. This is a very exciting collaborative project but is years away - many of the companies at B.R.I.C. are still in early stages.
PartyBear
Well.......the gulf between 55 million and a billion is huge.
Grinnin bear
Simply incredible about the Brazos river development.
- Sometimes you just gotta grin and bear it.
3rd String Kicker
I heard the riverfront rumor isn't true. I heard some delays but for other reasons
UBBY
3rd String Kicker said:

I heard the riverfront rumor isn't true. I heard some delays but for other reasons

Care to elaborate?
3rd String Kicker
That's all I could get. But it was from someone reliable
Wichitabear
So do we think it's a dead deal. No river front development would be so disappointing
3rd String Kicker
No, I just said I'm hearing it's alive but with some delay. I don't know what anyone else thinks, but I trust what I was told.
FirmBear24
Clifton Robinson Tower is well over three stories and is pretty darn close to the river. So is the old fire training building. Surely something can be done.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
FirmBear24 said:

Clifton Robinson Tower is well over three stories and is pretty darn close to the river. So is the old fire training building. Surely something can be done.
Core samples, just like for the new basketball arena and football complex will tell a story on development. The dump of tornado debris in the area and type of debris can determine the cost needed for footings/pilings/etc. in the buildings.
FirmBear24
Forgot about the tornado debris being dumped in that area. Ugh
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.