Topgolf

10,425 Views | 57 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Bear Doc
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Great Baylor Merchandise -> https://bit.ly/2M8DuHk
baylrballa
baylrballa
http://press.topgolf.com/2020-02-05-Topgolf-Launches-Community-Focused-Open-Concept-Venue-Design-Driven-by-Toptracer-Technology

southtexasbear
Single story? Really? I personally like the multiple story concept. Nobody ever wants to be on the first floor.

Gotta admit, Just a bit disappointed. We shall see I guess. It'll be cool and exciting to have it in Waco....
Yogi
Agreed. Sounds like Bottom Golf to me...
"Smarter than the Average Bear."
baylrballa
southtexasbear said:

Single story? Really? I personally like the multiple story concept. Nobody ever wants to be on the first floor.

Gotta admit, Just a bit disappointed. We shall see I guess. It'll be cool and exciting to have it in Waco....
Waco was never getting a triple decker.
southtexasbear
baylrballa said:

southtexasbear said:

What a let down
baylrballa
southtexasbear said:

baylrballa said:

southtexasbear said:

What a let down
the toptracer stuff they are rolling out is pretty cool and lessens the need to be high to "see" things.

southtexasbear
Funny thing is every time they showed a shot, the person was on the top (golf) deck.
baylrballa
southtexasbear said:

Funny thing is every time they showed a shot, the person was on the top (golf) deck.

Because it videos better, no doubt about that.

even then, rewatching looked like 2 on 1st floor, 2 on second, and 1 on third.
Boernebear
I learned awhile back that this would be 1 story, and I was initially disappointed. But now I really like this "backyard" concept by Top Golf as I've learned more about it. It will have tailgate games, fire pits, spot for live music, etc. It's a great addition for Waco.
southtexasbear
Boernebear said:

I learned awhile back that this would be 1 story, and I was initially disappointed. But now I really like this "backyard" concept by Top Golf as I've learned more about it. It will have tailgate games, fire pits, spot for live music, etc. It's a great addition for Waco.
yeah....initial disappointment is wearing off. I will love it once it is here and will definitely be there. It will be an asset to our community entertainment offerings.
vg1984

Augusta Georgia site which will be similar to the one in waco.

Also interesting that at one of the other locations will have a dave & busters

The Topgolf venue also will have an access point on River Shoals Parkway, where a 296-unit upscale multi-family complex called Rivershoals Apartments is under construction and set to open next summer.
Dave & Busters, another Dallas-based entertainment company, is laying the groundwork for a 20,000-square-foot bar/restaurant/arcade facility on Cabela drive between the Costco Wholesale store and the future WRDW-TV studio complex. Construction plans and an alcohol license have already been filed, and the company is expected to close on the property this spring.

Grimm
Lame... It will be closed in two years at most... Need white or light blue collar jobs to support all the crap they want to give tax breaks to...
Weston Rogers
Grimm said:

Lame... It will be closed in two years at most... Need white or light blue collar jobs to support all the crap they want to give tax breaks to...
Plenty of folks with money in Waco/surrounding towns to support this entertainment complex.
trey3216
Weston Rogers said:

Grimm said:

Plenty of folks with money in Waco/surrounding towns to support this entertainment complex.
Not to mention it's hard to even get on a course right now in Waco with the current golf evirons.
Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
Boernebear
Weston Rogers said:

Grimm said:

Agreed, this venue will do great. It will be one of the highest grossing establishments for alcohol sales in the Waco area for the foreseeable future.
Yogi
Weston Rogers said:

Grimm said:

Agreed. The Waco Regional Market Area > 750,000 people.

I will tell you that Bell County residents will travel up to do this.

I like that it also has a miniature golf course. Outside of Lions Park, does Waco even have one currently? Kids can putt while Daddy's driving.
Grimm
Yogi said:

The Waco Regional Market Area > 750,000 people.

Yeah.... Where are you getting that number? I think about half the putt putt and driving ranges have closed around Waco in the last 10 years...
Yogi said:

Maybe once... Then they will drive 15 minutes farther down to Austin to a real one...
Yogi
Grimm said:

Yogi said:

The Waco Regional Market Area > 750,000 people.

Yeah.... Where are you getting that number? I think about half the putt putt and driving ranges have closed around Waco in the last 10 years...
Yogi said:

Maybe once... Then they will drive 15 minutes farther down to Austin to a real one...
750,000 is the number of people who live within a 60 mile radius of Waco.

I actually stole the number from A&M.

Bell County 340,411
McLennan County 254,607
Coryell County 74,686
Hill County 35,077
Bosque County 18,097
Falls 17,273

Total 2018 population of McLennan County, Texas and contiguous counties: 739,851
Grimm
You gonna drive an hour+ to drink and play putt putt? Putters is already a thing... Plus they have SNES games at the table.... Their putt putt was really bad though... Hopefully their new course doesn't have the landscaping bricks turned dimpled side in...
RightRevBear
I live in Temple, and I definitely would drive to Waco for Topgolf. People here drive to Waco all the time. It takes less than thirty minutes. I bet there are people in Dallas that drive longer to get to their Topgolf. It also takes over twice as long to get to the Topgolf in Austin than it will to get to Waco.
Griz
Putters should design a good 9 hole layout rather than their awful 18 hole course.
BearCPA
RightRevBear said:

I live in Temple, and I definitely would drive to Waco for Topgolf. People here drive to Waco all the time. It takes less than thirty minutes. I bet there are people in Dallas that drive longer to get to their Topgolf. It also takes over twice as long to get to the Topgolf in Austin than it will to get to Waco.

Agreed. We live in Belton and would much rather drive to Waco over Austin.
Support Our Veterans @ paypal.com/us/fundraiser/charity/3360500
PartyBear
It was mentioned by someone on another thread here but didn't get much traction for some reason. But the Waco project was halted and placed on hold a few days ago.
KajunKarlsdad
PartyBear said:

It was mentioned by someone on another thread here but didn't get much traction for some reason. But the Waco project was halted and placed on hold a few days ago.
Probably waiting until things get to a more normal state before spending the money and moving forward. Hopefully not cancelled.
trey3216
Specifically that the project is on hold until their other locations are able to open back up. No sense in spending money when there is no current revenue
Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
UPBaylor
I imagine Top Golf will have to go through the restructuring/bankruptcy washer. Their big money comes from corporate group events and that side of the business is dead for a while.
southtexasbear
And alcohol sales. They are always at or near the top of sales in their counties. Amazes me me at the amount of dollars they pull in from alcohol sales.
CammoTX
southtexasbear said:

And alcohol sales. They are always at or near the top of sales in their counties. Amazes me me at the amount of dollars they pull in from alcohol sales.

According to the Houston Business Journal a few years back the only establishment that did more liquor sales than Top Golf was Treasures. No joke
Bear Doc
TopGolf set to open this Friday April 23rd in Waco. I joined today as a Platinum member. Can't wait!
baylrballa
Bear Doc said:

TopGolf set to open this Friday April 23rd in Waco. I joined today as a Platinum member. Can't wait!

reserved a bay for friday night. excited to check it out.
Bear Doc
baylrballa said:

Bear Doc said:

reserved a bay for friday night. excited to check it out.
I am going for the soft opening on Thursday night. Will try and take some pics and post them here.
Edmond Bear

The 'Backyard games' concept kinda reminds me of Chicken and Pickle...only golf instead of pickleball.

If it's anything close, it's a huge winner. At the C&P in OKC, I've seen tons of groups hanging out, drinking beer, and playing games until late night. If gives groups something to do...more than just hang out at a restaurant.

baylrballa
Edmond Bear said:

The 'Backyard games' concept kinda reminds me of Chicken and Pickle...only golf instead of pickleball.

If it's anything close, it's a huge winner. At the C&P in OKC, I've seen tons of groups hanging out, drinking beer, and playing games until late night. If gives groups something to do...more than just hang out at a restaurant.

https://instagr.am/p/CLUwCQ9nG9L

don't think that's the waco one, but that's what it should look like.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.