Old Chilis

8,913 Views | 61 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Sampi82
Yogi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GENERIC BEER!!!??? Damn!!! All we had was Natty Light!
"Smarter than the Average Bear."
whitetrash
Yogi said:

GENERIC BEER!!!??? Damn!!! All we had was Natty Light!

http://www.billsbeercans.com/~billsbee/canstore/index.php?main_page=popup_image&pID=2379

Was made by Falstaff. Not fit for human consumption.
Boernebear
Hawks sounds awesome - will now have that, Fuego, Cupp's, Vitek's and Freight Bar all within a block of each other basically. Love it!
Wichitabear
T-REX said:

1outawayBear said:

T-REX said:

Didnt know chillis closed. Where in Waco is chillis now?

Across from 'Baylor' HEB

Rip ghetto heb
gotcha. When I come to town it is only for sporting events so I dont spend much time exploring. Thanks.
fadskier
Wasn't there a Luby's near that Chili's?
Bexar Pitts
fadskier said:

Yep..Believe there's a Chinese Buffet there now.
4th and Inches
Bexar Pitts said:

fadskier said:

Yep..Believe there's a Chinese Buffet there now.
correct, Lubys built new building by Walmart on Franklin. They closed and Peter Piper moved into building. Old Peter Piper building
(Old Cox's Dept store) now a chinese food buffet place too.
lrwells50
Kwstevenson said:

In the 80s, it had an aisle of all generics. Everything was in white cans, including beer. It was around $1.29 for a six-pack. You could also buy a full hog's head which was great for hazing. I cashed a lot of $10 checks there for Thursday nights at George's.
I remember the generic beer in the early 70's.
Yogi
For those Bears living in Bell County, it appears that they have opened the Slim Chickens Killeen location across from the base formerly known as Fort Hood on Clear Creek Road.

Can we get a review?
"Smarter than the Average Bear."
Bear Doc
Slim Chickens opened yesterday I believe and I stopped by and picked up dinner tonight. Overall, I thought the food was pretty good. In some ways it reminded me of Raisin Cane's with a more extensive menu and sauce options.

My wife liked that they had a salad option as not all chicken places do.

I got just there tender combo with the tenders sauced in buffalo which was not terribly spicy. Tried the Cayenne Ranch sauce which was good. I did not care for their "Slim sauce". It was a tad too sweet for my liking.

Overall, we will be back. Can't beat their location and their food was good.
No Longer Gold
kids eat free on sundays, so its fine for a quick bite with the fam after church, but overall slim chicken sucks.

Fayetteville is an odd place, Id like to see the cities that have the top ratio of wing/chicken places per capita. they have to be up there. Probably up there in the pizza per cap as well.
Redbrickbear
ursamajor said:

I've never heard of Slim Chickens. That seems to be a tough corner. Where does Slim Chickens fall on the scale of Popeyes/Canes/CFA/BWW?
Tyler has one on the south part of town...and its good.

It's very similar to Canes.
Sampi82
Kwstevenson said:

In the 80s, it had an aisle of all generics. Everything was in white cans, including beer. It was around $1.29 for a six-pack. You could also buy a full hog's head which was great for hazing. I cashed a lot of $10 checks there for Thursday nights at George's.

I was involved in a bet for a case of beer that I lost. That was the case of beer I purchased the winner - Falstaff BEER.
“We have two lives, and the second begins when we realize we only have one.”
Robert Wilson
JT McCord's ... remember when everyone who went there had to get a hepatitis shot?

Good times...
whitetrash
Robert Wilson said:

JT McCord's ... remember when everyone who went there had to get a hepatitis shot?

Good times...
I didn't, but my grandmother (who passed away in 2004 at age 99) and several of her friends had to after meeting there for a burger. Late 1980s?
Mr Tulip
My first job was sacking for the Skaggs store next door (then it became Albertson's). We used to haul ice over to JT's when their machine broke (which was regular).

/csb
Robert Wilson
whitetrash said:

Robert Wilson said:

Good times...
I didn't, but my grandmother (who passed away in 2004 at age 99) and several of her friends had to after meeting there for a burger. Late 1980s?
Yeah, that sounds right. A worker there tested positive and everyone who ate there over a period of time had to go for the shot.
fadskier
1outawayBear said:

T-REX said:

Across from 'Baylor' HEB

Rip ghetto heb
Just looked at that location...what the heck is Zoe's kitchen?!?
CorsicanaBear
Quote:

Fast casual girly Greek food.
Illigitimus non carborundum
No Longer Gold
fadskier said:

1outawayBear said:

T-REX said:

Across from 'Baylor' HEB

Rip ghetto heb
Chick place that people say they like because it is branded as a healthier option.

But in reality it is just flavorless, typical options that really aren't much different than you would get anywhere.

I question any man that allows his wife to drag him there more than once.

Its made for a mom and the kids to go meet another mom with kids.
WacoKelly83
whitetrash said:

Robert Wilson said:

Good times...

You mean people ate there? If memory serves me correctly I only saw liquid dining. Three for ones.
Mr Tulip
WacoKelly83 said:

whitetrash said:

Robert Wilson said:

Good times...

You mean people ate there? If memory serves me correctly I only saw liquid dining. Three for ones.
When I was at Waco High School in the late 80s, it was the place kids went to lunch at when they wanted to be late to their next class.
Moondoggie
Ate there Monday. Pretty good and will probably return just to help keep it open.
Kingdom Bear
1outawayBear said:

PartyBear said:

Yes I realize that it isn't built yet. I still had not heard of it. I have heard of and eaten at a lot of places that are not in Waco. You are saying Hawks doesn't exist anywhere else it is a new local place?

Yes.

That's what surprised me.

Putting a lot of money into that location but it looks great and I hope it works!! Looks good on their website

https://www.hawkshotchicken.com/

"Hawks" + Former Baylor Football player = Matt Bryant?
The Kingdoms of this world have become the Kingdoms of our God and of His Christ. ~Revelation 11:15. Stand. Repent. Build.
whitetrash
GIFbear said:

1outawayBear said:

PartyBear said:

Yes I realize that it isn't built yet. I still had not heard of it. I have heard of and eaten at a lot of places that are not in Waco. You are saying Hawks doesn't exist anywhere else it is a new local place?

Yes.

Putting a lot of money into that location but it looks great and I hope it works!! Looks good on their website

He played football in Atlanta, not basketball.
Kingdom Bear
whitetrash said:

GIFbear said:

1outawayBear said:

PartyBear said:

Yes.

He played football in Atlanta, not basketball.

lol. Brain fart
The Kingdoms of this world have become the Kingdoms of our God and of His Christ. ~Revelation 11:15. Stand. Repent. Build.
Media Bear
geewago said:

Just how many ways can you serve chicken ??
At least 24 ...

https://hobby-finder.com/how-many-different-ways-can-you-cook-a-chicken/

Sampi82
Media Bear said:

geewago said:

Just how many ways can you serve chicken ??
At least 24 ...

https://hobby-finder.com/how-many-different-ways-can-you-cook-a-chicken/

Shrimp may have that beat.

“We have two lives, and the second begins when we realize we only have one.”
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.