Spock (actor Leonard Nimoy) visited Waco on October 2, 1967

1,586 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by 91 Bear
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Mr. Spock (actor Leonard Nimoy) visited Waco on October 2, 1967? The #StarTrek star came to Waco, Texas, to participate in the annual Heart of Texas Fair and Rodeo.

Source: The Texas Collection, Baylor University.

Image from the BU Records: Marketing and Communications: Baylor Photography collection BU/382, negative Black-E-140_6, The Texas Collection, Baylor University.

Great Baylor Merchandise -> https://bit.ly/2M8DuHk
HunterBear
My favorite HOT rodeo entertainer growing up was Ken Curtis (aka Festus Hagen from Gunsmoke) in 1966. Very downhome and a good singer.
BUbearinARK
Fascinating
MrGolfguy

Limited IQ Redneck in PU
If I remember correctly he also came to the old Western Drive In that used to be where the Richland mall is now.
91 Bear
Nimoy came out to the Waco Gun Club (Now Waco Skeet & Trap Club) and shoot skeet with a Remington 1100 when he was in Waco. A few, now deceased, members told me he was a good shot. I have seen a few pictures of him at the club. I think some were published in the national skeet shooting magazine at the time. I recall hearing that he was an "outdoors man"
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.