High end campground

2,401 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by br53
Old300Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://wacotrib.com/business/local/northgate-clearing-way-for-25-million-bosque-river-camping-resort/article_9e899bb2-e19c-11eb-920f-0f0f68ae01b0.html
Fred Barber
whitetrash
Eleven-League Grant
They must be planning on bringing in some 'high end' RVers to that park.

A 2-acre commercial lot right across Lake Shore from it was just listed with an ask just north of $13/sq ft. That's up there with some I-35 prices.

We're living in some interesting times, aren't we.
4th and Inches
Eleven-League Grant said:

A 2-acre commercial lot right across Lake Shore from it was just listed with an ask just north of $13/sq ft. That's up there with some I-35 prices.

a million for an undeveloped 2 acre lot? Jeez..
Eleven-League Grant
4th and Inches said:

Yes, it seems high based on historic Waco valuations, but times are changing and Waco is attracting a lot of attention not only from developers with projects, but also from out-of-state (and country) investors who have plenty of cash to invest and whose benchmark for real estate valuation is considerably higher than what it has been in past years in our area.

That 2 acres, being directly across the road from the entrance to the new RV 'resort', might appeal to a fuel retailer, although Circle K is only about 2 blocks away with quite a few easy-to-access pumps available. Plus, margins on fuel alone can be skimpy.

A fast food type offering (or even a sit down restaurant) might find the proximity of customers to be like shooting fish in a barrel.

Apart from the RV park, some might consider the large number of apartment dwellers in the area and the large traffic of MCC students to be factors in supporting such uses. It's hard to say for sure, and the fact that the RV park will have its own mini store will have to be considered.

Raw land can be a funny deal. I've passed on purchases before because I thought the properties were overpriced and thought they would certainly come down in price, only to be surprised when they do in fact sell, and then sell yet again at an even higher price. I've also bought land before just knowing it was a 'sure thing' and then being happy 10 years later unloading it for about what I had paid for it! Go figure.
trey3216

4th and Inches said:

Yes, it seems high based on historic Waco valuations, but times are changing and Waco is attracting a lot of attention not only from developers with projects, but also from out-of-state (and country) investors who have plenty of cash to invest and whose benchmark for real estate valuation is considerably higher than what it has been in past years in our area.

That 2 acres, being directly across the road from the entrance to the new RV 'resort', might appeal to a fuel retailer, although Circle K is only about 2 blocks away with quite a few easy-to-access pumps available. Plus, margins on fuel alone can be skimpy.

A fast food type offering (or even a sit down restaurant) might find the proximity of customers to be like shooting fish in a barrel.

Apart from the RV park, some might consider the large number of apartment dwellers in the area and the large traffic of MCC students to be factors in supporting such uses. It's hard to say for sure, and the fact that the RV park will have its own mini store will have to be considered.

Raw land can be a funny deal. I've passed on purchases before because I thought the properties were overpriced and thought they would certainly come down in price, only to be surprised when they do in fact sell, and then sell yet again at an even higher price. I've also bought land before just knowing it was a 'sure thing' and then being happy 10 years later unloading it for about what I had paid for it! Go figure.

A restaurant buying 2 acres for $1mm, then having to spend another $3mm on a building is a restaurant that will be bankrupt before its doors ever open.
Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
br53
trey3216 said:

4th and Inches said:

A restaurant buying 2 acres for $1mm, then having to spend another $3mm on a building is a restaurant that will be bankrupt before its doors ever open.
Unless its a chick fil a
The battle is not yours, but God's.
2 Chronicles 20:15
Edmond Bear
br53 said:

trey3216 said:

4th and Inches said:

Unless its a chick fil a

In 15 years, only 3 businesses will exist; Amazon, Starbucks, and Chik-Fil-A.

Those places have a chokehold on Gen Z.

CorsicanaBear
Proximity (about a mile) from where HEB is projected to build at CS Road and Lake shore also does not hurt.

At some point (only God and HEB know when), HEB will close the remaining Ghetto HEB on 19th and build on the property it owns at the corner of CS Road and Lakeshore. That corner and the land around it will become a retail hub. It will become the CS retail "neighborhood".

I think the campground completion will drive that sooner rather than later. There is another road being built from the campground to CS Road as a secondary entrance. The block of land (cornfield) from the campground to CS Road (not including the HEB land) also has significant development plans.

No plan survives contact with the enemy, so we'll see what actually happens. If HEB goes ahead and builds, I think it will trigger a lot of overdue development that North Waco, CS, Bosqueville needs.
Illigitimus non carborundum
Yogi
"Smarter than the Average Bear."
CorsicanaBear
Ozzy is incorrect. Bourbon is the spirit of camping.
Illigitimus non carborundum
br53
CorsicanaBear said:

Ozzy is incorrect. Bourbon is the spirit of camping.
Well to be fair he is not from down here.
The battle is not yours, but God's.
2 Chronicles 20:15
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.