Quiktrip off of New Road

8,459 Views | 59 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Pseudo3D
Moondoggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We have arrived! Got hooked on Quiktrip when I lived in KCMO. They are the best convenience store, bar none.
MrGolfguy
What makes them different from any other convenience store?
Well I ain't no greenhorn!!
MattyIce
Everything!!!!
Roller items, Pizza, Grilled Cheese, pastries, icees,
Are they open yet?
Big12Bear
MrGolfguy said:

Friendly, efficient clerks, (who will often work 2 registers at once to keep the line moving), typically clean restrooms, great daily soft drink prices with good ice. I haven't tried their in-house pizza, but have heard good things.
Moondoggie
Milk Shake machine. Real friendly. Lot of different coffees and iced teas. Cheap fountain drinks.

No get in and out bs. Lightning quick. I'm going tomorrow.
Edmond Bear
MattyIce said:

Everything!!!!
Roller items, Pizza, Grilled Cheese, pastries, icees,
Are they open yet?

If you like QuikTrip, just wait until OnCue makes it down there. OnCue rules them all.

SSadler
QuickTrip vs. Buccees.

It's a great time to be travelling the highways and be a consumer of junk foods.
WILLIS
Do they have ethanol free gas at this location? Huge + with a lot of Quiktrip stations I've seen around Austin. (I try to put ethanol free in my carbureted IH Scout)
fadskier
Ivy_Twin said:

We have arrived! Got hooked on Quiktrip when I lived in KCMO. They are the best convenience store, bar none.
Have you ever been to a Bucc-ees?
T-REX
fadskier said:

Ivy_Twin said:

apples and oranges
DFW Baylor Social Media Promoter
Baylor MBA 2023
THE BAYLOR APOLOGY TOUR IS OVER!!!
Twitter: T_REX1991
Instagram: t_rex_bu
dave714
I wasn't impressed.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
fadskier said:

Ivy_Twin said:

Sucks...

Little drink selection outside of fountain drinks and the bbq is worse than Dickey's.
PartyBear
QT's are nice. I'm not sure that there is anything special about them. There is actually a Valero on 84 in Woodway at Speegleville Road that is about like a QT. I'm sure if there is a nice Valero there, there are nice ones at other places as well. But in short, I'm not sure what is special about QT.
TechDawgMc
PartyBear said:

QT's are nice. I'm not sure that there is anything special about them. There is actually a Valero on 84 in Woodway at Speegleville Road that is about like a QT. I'm sure if there is a nice Valero there, there are nice ones at other places as well. But in short, I'm not sure what is special about QT.
Valero used to run the CornerStores that were bought out by Circle K. Most of the better Valero's were Corner Store branded. They only have a handful of stores left and most aren't too hot.

QT passes the basic test for me -- clean bathrooms, good fountain drinks at a good price, nice people. They even seem to have slightly better prices for snacks than most. They seem better than most of the competition (they aren't really competition for Buccee's). Still, I'm not getting that excited about a convenience store.
BellCountyBear
I avoid Buc-cee's unless I'm really desperate. And their BBQ is turrible.
BaylorGuy314
QT is great but I've found many Stripes to be equal or better.
Ludwig von Missi
BaylorGuy314 said:

MattyIce
BaylorGuy314 said:

?????
Brian Ethridge
Staff
PartyBear said:

That is a nice one. Stopped there on the way back from San Antonio last year.

The big gas station on north Franklin has great tacos.
fadskier
Bucc-ee's beats them all and it is not even close.
trey3216
1/2 Raspberry and 1/2 Passion Fruit Tea (both unsweet) is perfect for when I'm roadtripping. I stop at QT just for the tea. It's good.
Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
Funky Town Bear
fadskier said:

Bucc-ee's beats them all and it is not even close.
Never go full aggy
Stefano DiMera
QT has best milkshake ive ever had.
Pseudo3D
They're going to build a QuikTrip where the last Waco-area Luby's was. They already sold it before the rest of the restaurant chain got sold, so it had to go.
No Longer Gold
Buccees is great, but it's a whip.

QT is in and out. All of the employees seem to like their job, and it's so much cheaper than most.

Give me bucees on a road trip, give me QT for weekly fill up's.
jbbear
Swart Dra said:

Buccees is great, but it's a whip.

QT is in and out. All of the employees seem to like their job, and it's so much cheaper than most.

Give me bucees on a road trip, give me QT for weekly fill up's.
I heard they were going to build a brand new QT right next to the new downtown arena.
Yogi
MrGolfguy said:

Lots and lots of choices.

I love their iced tea selection.
"Smarter than the Average Bear."
4th and Inches
Yogi said:

MrGolfguy said:

Lots and lots of choices.

I love their iced tea selection.

best in the business for road tripping ice tea drinkers
BaylorHistory
SSadler said:

It's a great time to be travelling the highways and be a consumer of junk foods.
New national motto? It flows better and is more accurate than E pluribus unum.
Old300Bear
Amarillo has the best quick stop type places. TootNTotum, and PakASack. Both have drive up windows where you can buy anything in the store.

We affectionately call TootN Totum - Fart and Fetchum.
Fred Barber
Showtime
I got scammed for $3 at the new QT.

Some dude pulls up at the pump next to me saying his card won't work and he needs a gallon to get home where his card is. He doesn't look like a bum and tells me he's not a bum (red flag).

I pushed back on his story a little bit but ultimately gave him $3 cash. He goes inside to, hopefully, to buy his new gas. I drive off but don't trust him and am curious what he's going to do so I kind of park around the corner where I can see his truck. He comes out from the store, hops in his truck and drives off. I kind of drive past him and throw my hands up, he won't even look my way. He knew I knew. I'm such a sucker.
BUbearinARK
Showtime said:

Some dude pulls up at the pump next to me saying his card won't work and he needs a gallon to get home where his card is. He doesn't look like a bum and tells me he's not a bum (red flag).

I pushed back on his story a little bit but ultimately gave him $3 cash. He goes inside to, hopefully, to buy his new gas. I drive off but don't trust him and am curious what he's going to do so I kind of park around the corner where I can see his truck. He comes out from the store, hops in his truck and drives off. I kind of drive past him and throw my hands up, he won't even look my way. He knew I knew. I'm such a sucker.
All that matters is you were kind. Well done.
trey3216
Showtime said:

i mean, hopefully he bought a mega millions ticket or a 32oz Steel Reserve
Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
Yogi
BUbearinARK said:

Showtime said:

All that matters is you were kind. Well done.
3 bucks.

He'll still need another sucker to get that 24 pack.
"Smarter than the Average Bear."
insurebear
Love QT: Hoping they consult with USPS on how to provide "service" when the line gets big!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.