Woodway

7,656 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by MrGolfguy
MrGolfguy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Great, now address the second point that i'm also right about - Southwood and Oak Hollow are not in the same small area, they are far, far apart.
Well I ain't no greenhorn!!
TrapIt4Life
MrGolfguy said:

CTbruin said:

MrGolfguy said:

CTbruin said:

And where exactly in Woodway are your foundation issues?

I have lived in six different houses in Woodway. Never a foundation issue.
Southwood, Wedgewood, Fairway, Arliss, Gaywood, Rio Vista, Forrest Ridge, Sierra, Valley Ridge, Woodland West, Knotty Oaks, Western Oaks, Briargrove, Greenbranch, Wood Valley, Oak Hollow

Like I said it's everywhere

And those are streets on the lake side of Bosque or "old." Woodway. Used to be called Westwood. I was aware of problems in those areas.

The newer sections of Woodway have fewer issues.
Woodway is Woodway. Thanks for finally admitting that i've been right all along - Woodway is known for having homes with foundation issues.
Lived here for all of my adult life and never heard anyone correlate Woodway with foundational issues. Definitely a much bigger problem on the Robinson side of 35, them sands are a shiftin' constantly and the folks I know in foundation repair basically have their mail sent there by this point.

I think the general public perception of the Woodway footprint is the area around from Whitehall Park extending to SBE, and then in the homes behind HEB stretching to First Woodway Baptist. So, the fact that there are pockets near highway 6/Bosque that have higher incidences of foundation issues on homes built in the 50s/60s, does not a "Woodway has foundation problems everywhere" make, in my opinion. I think this is probably the first time I've ever heard someone equate Woodway with endemic foundation issues.

I'm not sure why you seem to intensely combative on it, like CTBruin said you appear to have an axe to grind on the topic, which is puzzling. Having multiple incidents of "ADMIT I WAS RIGHT" seems just...juvenile I guess? It feels like I'm listening to one of my middle school kid's classmates arguing about nonsense. "NO, NO, I WAS RIGHT, ADMIT IT. AND THEN ADMIT THIS ONE TOO". Lord almighty man, pump the brakes a bit.

Showtime
I hate to even wade into the foundation problems war here but here are my anecdotes.

- My grandpa was a geologist at Baylor and he always said to avoid the area mentioned previously in the thread. North of Bosque, west of Woodland West.

- Lived in Woodway pretty much my whole childhood and vividly remember any time I dug anywhere in the yard I was hitting Limestone almost right away.
Robert Wilson
I'd go to Castle Heights. Close to everything - really quick shot into downtown or over to Baylor events, close to everything up and down Valley Mills or towards the lake, or back out towards Woodway. Beautiful old neighborhood. Just need to be prepared to deal with an older home. But I've found that dealing with all homes is a pain in the ass - the older home didn't cause me much more trouble than the newer ones. Maybe I got lucky. Dunno.

Or I'd really get out in the country if that's what you prefer. I don't see what you gain with the Woodway location if you don't have kids in school.
Volunteer
As long as we're talking about Woodway, let's at least get our facts straight. Woodway city taxes and Midway ISD taxes are both lower than Waco city and Waco ISD taxes.

Woodway: $0.45
Midway ISD: $1.236

Waco: $0.776
Waco ISD: $1.263

Yes, there have been issues with homes between the lake and Bosque but other than that, foundation problems are few and far between. Most of these homes were built before engineered foundations became routine.

The soils in the Badger Ranch and Lake Forest areas are certainly expansive, but with modern foundation engineering it's no big deal.
MrGolfguy
TrapIt4Life said:

MrGolfguy said:

CTbruin said:

MrGolfguy said:

CTbruin said:

You The And where exactly in Woodway are your foundation issues?

I have lived in six different houses in Woodway. Never a foundation issue.
Southwood, Wedgewood, Fairway, Arliss, Gaywood, Rio Vista, Forrest Ridge, Sierra, Valley Ridge, Woodland West, Knotty Oaks, Western Oaks, Briargrove, Greenbranch, Wood Valley, Oak Hollow

Like I said it's everywhere

And those are streets on the lake side of Bosque or "old." Woodway. Used to be called Westwood. I was aware of problems in those areas.

The newer sections of Woodway have fewer issues.
Woodway is Woodway. Thanks for finally admitting that i've been right all along - Woodway is known for having homes with foundation issues.

I'm not sure why you seem to intensely combative on it, like CTBruin said you appear to have an axe to grind on the topic, which is puzzling.

What is puzzling is that 3 people now have tried to make me the villain in this by saying I have some bizarre agenda against Woodway. Again, all I did was answer the OP with a very simple and 100% truthful statement about the foundation issues in Woodway. I guess you might sit back and take it when you are being attacked but that's not how I roll.
1outawayBear
Attacked
Stranger
The classic "old Waco" quote came from my late ex mother-in-law in 1991, when I came to town with four school-aged children. I chose Woodway for the school system.

She remarked, "Woodway? I've never been to Woodway but I know people who have."

As far she was concerned, life didn't exist outside of 76710.
I'm a Bearbacker
Mr Tulip
In 1978, my street was 76710. Now its 76712. Of course, the area code was 817 then, too.

Of course, I'd also tie an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. We couldn't get white onions because of the war. All we had were the big yellow ones.

TrapIt4Life
Mr Tulip said:

In 1978, my street was 76710. Now its 76712. Of course, the area code was 817 then, too.

Of course, I'd also tie an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. We couldn't get white onions because of the war. All we had were the big yellow ones.

That zip code naming sounds like more a Shelbyville idea to me.
Mr Tulip
TrapIt4Life said:

Mr Tulip said:

That zip code naming sounds like more a Shelbyville idea to me.

M: I think we should use the money to fix Main Street.
H: Then you should've written a song like that guy!
WacoKelly83
Homes on Western Oaks dr. on the lake side of Bosque have historically had some serious foundation issues. Wood Valley Dr. next to the Arboretum is probably the worst street in Woodway. Severe foundation problems in that area.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Grew up on Panther Drive and White Oak from '60 to 76. Woodway police were great. I had a few brushes with them and looking back they treated me fairly. anybody else sneak out and go swimming in Rainbow Lake or ride on the old N trails towards the lake?
dave714
Coyote Bear said:

Badger Ranch is a great place to be.
500k min.
Jackson Bear
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

Grew up on Panther Drive and White Oak from '60 to 76. Woodway police were great. I had a few brushes with them and looking back they treated me fairly. anybody else sneak out and go swimming in Rainbow Lake or ride on the old N trails towards the lake?
What are the "old N trails?"
trey3216
Jackson Bear said:

Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

What are the "old N trails?"
I mean, I plinked a few possums over that way.
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
Mr Tulip
I know there's some trails out through Woodway Park off the arboretum that go out to Airport Park. Previously, I think there was a small bit that may have cut across private, but unused, property. I believe that issue got cleared up. Last time I was on them, I was on them by myself.

Woodway PSD used to have Waco badge numbers included so they could log arrests on that side of Lake Waco. Otherwise, it's a long pointless drive for the Waco officers.
FrankFallonCalling
Mr Tulip said:

I know there's some trails out through Woodway Park off the arboretum that go out to Airport Park. Previously, I think there was a small bit that may have cut across private, but unused, property. I believe that issue got cleared up. Last time I was on them, I was on them by myself.

Woodway PSD used to have Waco badge numbers included so they could log arrests on that side of Lake Waco. Otherwise, it's a long pointless drive for the Waco officers.
Airport Park? Like, next to the airport? That's on the opposite side of the lake.
Mr Tulip
FrankFallonCalling said:

Mr Tulip said:

Airport Park? Like, next to the airport? That's on the opposite side of the lake.
I can be directionally challenged at the best of times. It's here:
https://www.google.com/maps/@31.5197131,-97.2335182,16.46z?hl=en-US
MrGolfguy
Part of the southern green shaded area (south of Park I road) is the former Woodland West/Western Oaks/Heather Run/Rolling Oaks Golf Club.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.