Aggy is pretty good

2,376 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by McCavebear
Oso del lago
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wondering when they could put it together. They are a team that played like us last year. Good D and a good bench
EvilTroyAndAbed
They haven't beaten a ranked team yet and they lost to TCU. I'll reserve judgement.
Wineguy89
Big-O!-Bear said:

Wondering when they could put it together. They are a team that played like us last year. Good D and a good bench

Not so much….

Richard Reese
(True) Freshman - Bellville, TX
152 carries/791 yards/5.2 YPC/12 touchdowns
11 receptions/80 yards
1 game clinching studly TD vs Kansas
ZERO fumbles

Brett “Big Ballz” Yormark- Commissioner Big 12-16 Conference
One badass new TV contract with more goodies to come
boognish_bear
They are in a close one with #12 UK tonight.
Aliceinbubbleland
Auburn looking good tonight. Reminds me of a team from last year
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

They haven't beaten a ranked team yet and they lost to TCU. I'll reserve judgement.
I will.pass judgement. They couldn't compete in the big 12 day in day out.
EvilTroyAndAbed
Aliceinbubbleland said:

Auburn looks real good. Their only loss is at UConn in double OT.
Johnny Bear
boognish_bear said:

Lost 64-58 at home.

They're improved from last season, but still nothing special.
SoonerFrogs
Anyone losing to TCU in basketball is "not good"
Jack Bauer
The last time aggy was ranked was February 2018. Let's keep it that way.
The Rickest Rick There Is
Fine, let's go ahead and crown them national champions.
TWD 1974
boognish_bear said:

Tough loss for Aggie last night. They look like they should make the tournament, though. If Aggies are lurking on this board, good luck rest of season (except if we meet in March!), and I just hate what Longhorns are saying about y'all.
whitetrash
Aggy is 4-1 in the SEC. Upset win over Arky in CS, and wins over 11th place Mizzou, 13th place Ole Miss and last place Georgia.
Jack Bauer
aggy plays 18 conference games against 13 opponents.

So they play all teams once but play these teams twice. Pretty favorable for them.

Georgia
Ole Miss
LSU
Missouri
Arkansas
whitetrash
Jack Bauer said:

aggy plays 18 conference games against 13 opponents.

So they play all teams once but play these teams twice. Pretty favorable for them.

Georgia
Ole Miss
LSU
Missouri
Arkansas

Georgia is gawdawful Vanderbilt football bad. They would probably have lost to last year's IowaSt.

Ole Miss is not in last place only because of Georgia. Mizzou is marginally better but not much. Arky has woefully underachieved after last year's Elite 8 run, but has been hit by COVID and injuries.

The SECSECSEC unbalanced schedule creates such anomalies, the most egregious was last year's Aggy women coming in 1st during the SECSECSEC regular season. The best 5 teams in the league last year were SCarolina, Tennessee, Kentucky, Georgia and Arky. Of those, Aggy got all 5 in CS (won all 5) and only had to travel to Arky in return (where they won by 1 on a buzzer beater). Once they got to the SEC tourney and the NCAAs, they lost to Georgia on a neutral court in the 2nd round, barely got past Troy in the NCAA 1st rounds, survived IowaSt in OT in the 2nd on a questionable travel call on IowaSt, then got blown out by Arizona.
Stefano DiMera
Largest crowd in A&M history last night....14,036

Go 12th Man!
Edmund Bearke
With 70,000 students its a shame they don't have that kind of support every night.
Oso del lago
SoonerFrogs said:

How bout losing to OSU at home?
bear2be2
Big-O!-Bear said:

SoonerFrogs said:

How bout losing to OSU at home?
Oklahoma State is not a bad team. I keep seeing people post about them like they suck.

We shouldn't have lost to them in Waco, but they'd be a bubble team at worst if they were eligible for the tournament this year. Like everyone else in the Big 12, that team is really good defensively.
IowaBear
They're going to struggle to stay above .500 for the season. That's hardly a bubble team.
Aliceinbubbleland
Stefano DiMera said:

Largest crowd in A&M history last night....14,036

Go 12th Man!
Barf!! Seriously?
Aliceinbubbleland
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

Auburn looks real good. Their only loss is at UConn in double OT.
They reminded me so much of us last year but they do not handle the ball very well. Nevertheless they will be one to reckon with if they don't get upset early by some lower seed.
bear2be2
IowaBear said:

They're going to struggle to stay above .500 for the season. That's hardly a bubble team.
We'll see. They're sitting at 3-3 in the Big 12 having already played Tech (on the road), Kansas, Baylor (on the road) and Texas. They'd have to go 4-9 the rest of the way to finish below .500 for the season. I'd be very surprised to see that happen.

As for objective views of Oklahoma State's strength, they're currently 48 in the NET rankings and 50 in KenPom's ratings, with five of their seven losses coming to Quad 1 teams. That puts them firmly in the mix with other bubble teams.

They can't make the tournament this year, obviously. But a .500 record will get just about any Big 12 team in this year. Looking at their remaining schedule, they could certainly win six more conference games.

It's easy to be fooled by Oklahoma State's overall record, but they've played the toughest schedule in the Big 12 this year. That's not a great team by any stretch because they struggle so much offensively. But their defense gives them a chance in most of their games, even against quality opponents.
Stefano DiMera
OK State is a dangerous team...I predicted on the 'first loss' thread we'd lose to them..

Likele has really underperformed this year...if he gets it turned around..watch out..
Tylerbear
SoonerFrogs said:

Or losing to them in football……oops never mind
baylor06
lol
ArmBarn
Aggie being good at basketball is a good thing. It means they can't use the excuse of "we don't care about basketball" anymore and have to acknowledge Baylor basketball as their daddy.
TeamPlayer
Buzz will do well there and get them back into the tournament. He recruits kids with questionable character so I wouldn't be surprised if something blows up at some point.
McCavebear
aggy sucks

always has

always will
McCavebear Lives!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.