Akinjo & Sochan Doubtful Saturday Against OU

4,304 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Stefano DiMera
historian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Good point
OldDominionBear
It's not a negative thing. We need both types of guards and it's only an issue when we don't have a ball dominant guard either from injury or we couldn't recruit one.

That happened one year with us. Maybe when Manu or Medford was our PG? I can't remember.
DanaDane
Method Man
Method Man said:

blueskymesa said:

The team has had a few weeks now to practice and play games without Akinjo and Sochan. We saw a better team against WVU without them, I think they will continue to get better and gel as time goes on. When Akinjo and Sochan return I think we'll have a better overall team.

On another note, the two loses at home being #1 would have devastated me pre-national championship years. While I was disappointed, I wasn't really "devastated" by the loses. We have proven that we can win it all and I think we will do it again and again. We are just on a different path this year and will be in years to come.
As disappointing as the losses were.....I had us repeating as BIGXII Champs with a 14-4 conference record with losses to Tech, Okie St, Kansas, and one other random game.

This season is going about how I expected except that I thought the losses to Okie St and Tech would be on the road.

Better to get these losses out of way instead of in March/April.
I'm going to pat myself on the back for this one.

The one other random conference loss was the home loss to Texas Tech.

This team has played nothing but NCAA tournament caliber teams for the past two months. There have been zero nights off in this years BIGXII.
OntheRecord
When I saw this thread's headline on top this morning, I nearly crapped my pants (since we are in fact playing OU in the first game of the Big XII tourney).

Hotsauce
Well done!
Stefano DiMera
Well done.. but I would have edited the title as I almost peed my pants too when I read it
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.