How about this Baylor defensive stat?

1,328 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by bear2be2
cameronstuart
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ok, it's unofficial because I was keeping track of it: but 26 defensive possessions where OU didn't even get a shot up. That's how you win without Sochan, without Akinjo really and with a few really barren stretches.
Shoutout to Flo Thamba too. Guy did everything today and defended his ass off.
BUBradley
I watch every game twice. I will confirm!
LIB,MR BEARS
Another positive, we were 15/19 for .789 from the line today.
cameronstuart
LIB,MR BEARS said:

Another positive, we were 15/19 for .789 from the line today.

That was really nice. Just to get there that many times is a big positive for a struggling offense.
BEAR 45
You guys must have not watched the game on ESPN + or you would be aware that it was just sloppy play by OU. at least from the broadcast crew.
RegentCoverup
cameronstuart said:

Ok, it's unofficial because I was keeping track of it: but 26 defensive possessions where OU didn't even get a shot up. That's how you win without Sochan, without Akinjo really and with a few really barren stretches.
Could not agree with you more on Thamba. Outstanding effort.
Oldbear83
BEAR 45 said:

You guys must have not watched the game on ESPN + or you would be aware that it was just sloppy play by OU. at least from the broadcast crew.
Strange, from where I sat it was the broadcast crew who were sloppy and stupid ...
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
bear2be2
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

cameronstuart said:

Could not agree with you more on Thamba. Outstanding effort.
Thamba may be the most underappreciated player on this team -- and last year's as well, for that matter.

He is obviously limited on the offensive end, but he does so many little things every game that help this team win. The good, hard screens he sets and just the number of tips he gets on offensive rebound opportunities are worth much more than he gets credit for in the box score. And he's always been a solid post defender and help-side rim protector on the other end.

Thamba has turned himself into a valuable player for an elite team. That's likely more than anyone expected when he showed up as a stone-handed freshman.
RegentCoverup
he's got swagger and believe it or not, we need it.

Chamberman
BEAR 45 said:

You realize the ESPN+ broadcasting crews are the home team's homies.
cameronstuart
Yeah, it's still frustrating to see him get roughly half the balls he gets his fingers on, though. I will say he's an elite interior defender. Look no further than the national championship game. Timme didn't get a sniff.
bear2be2
cameronstuart said:

Yeah, it's still frustrating to see him get roughly half the balls he gets his fingers on, though. I will say he's an elite interior defender. Look no further than the national championship game. Timme didn't get a sniff.
After you watch other teams play and realize not everyone crashes the offensive boards as aggressively or effectively as we do, it gives you a greater appreciation for how many balls he gets a hand on.

He has to work and fight really hard to be in position just to affect those plays. I'll cut him some slack for not being able to control every one.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.