The Akinjo injury

2,719 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Crawfoso1973
CTbruin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
...was the result of a "no call" foul by Groves. Akinjo didn't jump up, shoot and then land on his back. No way. Watch the replay. It was a clear body check that knocked Akinjo to the floor. And no four called.

I'm surprised no one is talking about this.
IowaBear
What's there to talk about? Missed calls happen all the time, heck Matt got away with a knee to the face inadvertently but it happened regardless
RegentCoverup
It was a cheap shot.

the arena was out of control.
vanillabryce
B12 refs. Same song, different verse.
Stefano DiMera
T.J.Ford is probably laughing about this.
bear2be2
IowaBear said:

What's there to talk about? Missed calls happen all the time, heck Matt got away with a knee to the face inadvertently but it happened regardless
Agreed. And even if the foul was called, it wouldn't have kept Akinjo from reaggravating the injury. It is what it is.

And I didn't think it was a cheap shot. It was a hard contest at a point in the game where Oklahoma really wanted to make a stop. Should it have been a foul? Probably. But it was no more intentional than Mayer's knee to Groves' head. Basketball's a contact sport sometimes.
CTbruin
I did not say it was intentional....but it was a foul. A shooting foul. And it altered Akinjo's jump resulting in the re-injury.

And saying he was going to re-injure anyway is pure conjecture. Just your opinion.
T-REX
CTbruin said:

I did not say it was intentional....but it was a foul. A shooting foul. And it altered Akinjo's jump resulting in the re-injury.

And saying he was going to re-injure anyway is pure conjecture. Just your opinion.
calling the foul would not have changed if he got reinjured. The whistle wouldn't have magically turned into a cloud from Mario Brothers and saved him from hitting the floor. There is no opinion in his statement. He was going to be reinjured regardless of a foul call there
DFW Baylor Social Media Promoter
Baylor MBA 2023
THE BAYLOR APOLOGY TOUR IS OVER!!!
Twitter: T_REX1991
Instagram: t_rex_bu
Chamberman
If a fall like that put Akinjo out of the game...he came back too early. The original injury has definitely impacted his shot, mentally or physically.
T-REX
Chamberman said:

If a fall like that put Akinjo out of the game...he came back too early. The original injury has definitely impacted his shot, mentally or physically.
be sure to tell Drew how you feel
Baylor MBA 2023
Chamberman
T-REX said:

be sure to tell Drew how you feel
If I regularly spoke with CSD, I would share my feelings. Akinjo is the type of player, that wants to play...even if he may not be ready. I suspect we won't see him in the line-up tomorrow.
ScottS
T-REX said:

CTbruin said:

calling the foul would not have changed if he got reinjured. The whistle wouldn't have magically turned into a cloud from Mario Brothers and saved him from hitting the floor. There is no opinion in his statement. He was going to be reinjured regardless of a foul call there

Not calling the foul doesn't change the fact that the Teenwolf dude on OU committed a foul.
T-REX
ScottS said:

T-REX said:

CTbruin said:

Not calling the foul doesn't change the fact that the Teenwolf dude on OU committed a foul.
I'm not arguing if it was a foul or not. Drew Timmy Jr fouled him
Baylor MBA 2023
setshot
As I said elsewhere, Steph Curry got this exact injury last year, came back after sitting out a couple of weeks, and played with varying degrees of pain the rest of the season, including a couple of falls on the tailbone. It comes down to the level of pain and how it affects performance. It clearly affected Curry for a couple of weeks until he adjusted to playing with constant pain.

Akinjo can play if he does not allow the level of pain to seriously affect his performance, and he can only make it to a place of adjustment that allows that by playing. It is a sort of "Catch 22."
Crawfoso1973
Why even have him come back and dribble....dribble....dribble....with his ISO game in a couple of weeks? We are CLEARLY better without him.
bear2be2
Crawfoso1973 said:

Why even have him come back and dribble....dribble....dribble....with his ISO game in a couple of weeks? We are CLEARLY better without him.
I hope this is sarcasm.

With a healthy James Akinjo, we were blowing out top-15 teams. Without him, we've been rallying in the second half to beat bottom-half Big 12 teams.

We are a much better team with a healthy James Akinjo. The key is getting him healthy.
TXBEAR_bf
Without Akinjo, we are a to 20 team, with him we are top 5 period.
T-REX
Crawfoso1973 said:

tell me u don't watch the games without telling me you don't watch the games
Baylor MBA 2023
IowaBear
You realize he's being sarcastic right ? He's poking fun at another poster
vanillabryce
Guys Crawfoso is mocking BleacherBum - the guy who copies and pasted his ridiculous takes in multiple threads.

The all caps should've been a dead give away.
T-REX
vanillabryce said:

Guys Crawfoso is mocking BleacherBum - the guy who copies and pasted his ridiculous takes in multiple threads.

The all caps should've been a dead give away.
i know that. my reply is about the comment itself, not the person who just posted it
Baylor MBA 2023
Louise Romano
Mamamia !!! This should be just a play as you go situation. If he can give 8-10min for a couple weeks then go. I do not agree with sitting him cold for a full 2 weeks though. He needs to be part of the offense at least part of the time.
BUCANDOIT82
He needs to sit a few games and heal. The team has enough talent to win without him.

We are better with him of course.
Louise Romano
BUCANDOIT82 said:

He needs to sit a few games and heal. The team has enough talent to win without him.

We are better with him of course.
I guess if he had a structural injury that would be ok. But its not. Its a bruise. Odds are he can play in stretches, but I don't know his pain level obviously.
Crawfoso1973
Let him rest until he gets right again. He can barely move on the court. We need the dynamic Akinjo from before the injury, not an injured Akinjo operating at half speed and limping through games.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.