KSU talk

1,106 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by bear2be2
IowaBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Post your thoughts here please it helps me past the time between games. Here's a few thoughts of mine
-Pack, Nowell are studs we have to limit 1 or both
-They're extremely guard heavy, in fact you could argue they have the worst front court in the conference
-Their starting 5 is tiny across the board aside from the C position. We should pound them on the boards
-Defensively they're solid, but again they undersized at almost every position (KB and Mayer could have monster games)
-Use our size advantage, not sure it's a great idea to get into a 3 pt shooting contest with them. Hoping Mayer and Brown use the size advantages they'll have a score at will in the paint
-Bears should W but this is a pesky KSU squad
bear2be2
IowaBear said:

Post your thoughts here please it helps me past the time between games. Here's a few thoughts of mine
-Pack, Nowell are studs we have to limit 1 or both
-They're extremely guard heavy, in fact you could argue they have the worst front court in the conference
-Their starting 5 is tiny across the board aside from the C position. We should pound them on the boards
-Defensively they're solid, but again they undersized at almost every position (KB and Mayer could have monster games)
-Use our size advantage, not sure it's a great idea to get into a 3 pt shooting contest with them. Hoping Mayer and Brown use the size advantages they'll have a score at will in the paint
-Bears should W but this is a pesky KSU squad
Kansas State is super well coached and they're scrappy. But they have the same problem a lot of Bruce Weber teams do -- a relative lack of dynamic, game-changing talent.

They're good, and if we play poorly we could lose. But I would expect to win one that looks a lot like our last two games.
IowaBear
Pack is one of the better guards in the league, he's criminally underrated. Now as a whole their team isn't exactly oozing talent. But the guard play is solid. Our bigs should feast on KSUs front court though and that could/should be the difference
CST Bear
I expect them to play us well because we've proven to play our best away from home and we always seem to struggle with this team.

Their execution down the stretch against KU highlighted their inexperience. Kansas made some shots but ay caramba...Cats did next to nothing to win the game in the final five possessions.
Chamberman
IowaBear said:

not sure it's a great idea to get into a 3 pt shooting contest with them. Hoping Mayer and Brown use the size advantages they'll have a score at will in the paint
Yes, that would appear should be the gameplan. But our guards live and die by the 3. I would add Thomba and Everyday John to your gameplan as well.
bear2be2
IowaBear said:

Pack is one of the better guards in the league, he's criminally underrated. Now as a whole their team isn't exactly oozing talent. But the guard play is solid. Our bigs should feast on KSUs front court though and that could/should be the difference
I was impressed with several of their young players at the end of last season. And Weber can coach and develop talent. I just don't think they have any next-level talent on their roster, which puts them in the minority in this conference. As good as Pack is, he's only 6-feet tall. I'll be interested to see if our length can frustrate him a little bit.
CNC
I'd expect them to be up for this game, if for nothing else, revenge for last year's game in Waco.

* We were up 41-7 with 7:34 to go in 1st half.
* More than doubled their score at half 54-26
* Pushed lead to 52 in 2nd half (103-51 with 2:40 left)
* 107-59 Final

I'll remember this game if nothing else for that 1st bullet point.

Never seen that before in my life.

Sidenote: Pack played for them that game.
Davion (31) Teague (18) and Butler (13) outscored their entire team, and played for a combined 76 minutes.
bear2be2
CNC said:

I'd expect them to be up for this game, if for nothing else, revenge for last year's game in Waco.

* We were up 41-7 with 7:34 to go in 1st half.
* More than doubled their score at half 54-26
* Pushed lead to 52 in 2nd half (103-51 with 2:40 left)
* 107-59 Final

I'll remember this game if nothing else for that 1st bullet point.

Never seen that before in my life.

Sidenote: Pack played for them that game.
Davion (31) Teague (18) and Butler (13) outscored their entire team, and played for a combined 76 minutes.
We played them after that in the Big 12 tournament and they took us to the wire. I don't either of last year's blowouts will have as much impact on tomorrow nights effort as Saturday's loss to Kansas will. They dominated the first half of that game and basically led the entire way until the very end. That could be a deflating loss for them.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.