Lowell Galindo

2,011 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by RegentCoverup
RegentCoverup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
F that guy.
GruntTuff
Is he the announcer tonight?

If yes, he has been incredibly respectful.

Are we watching the same game?
vanillabryce
Both he and Blanks were effusive in their praise for Baylor.
DanaDane
I was shocked when he said "Baylor is now the school to be at in Texas". This is from a the lead PBP from the Longhorn Network. He may be unemployed in Austin tomorrow. LOL
RegentCoverup
He works for the Longhorn Network.

I'll leave it at that,.
Oso del lago
What was he saying about him being recruited by BU?
Stefano DiMera
Lance Blanks was talking about the facilities at the HOT Colliseeum when he visited.

Trailer as a locker room etc.
Oso del lago
Any pics of that?
RegentCoverup
Espn seems to have the market cornered on announcers with no frame of reference.

It was a lot of backhanded compliments. Not saying we were good, but Arkansas and Houston were the power teams back then. Reid Gettys was a better announcer.

I wasn't expecting the Longhorn network guys to tell the whole story , but it's not like UT was in the Final four during that same era.

But the point is ESPN is more than happy to peddle the Longhorn network over the Big12.
historian
Doesn't matter. Baylor is the reigning national champion with a whole lot more chance of getting to the Final Four this year than Texas. No matter who calls the games or what any Texas spokesman says, winning games matters.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
gobears20
Staff
They are probably changing their tune because there will be no Longhorn Network in the SEC
Johnny Bear
gobears20 said:

They are probably changing their tune because there will be no Longhorn Network in the SEC

How do you know? Thus far, I've seen no indication at all that UT is going to have to drop the LHN when they go to the SEC. Besides, where are the fans going to go to see replays of the '06 BCS National Championship Rose Bowl game vs. USC, or the '69 "Big Shootout" with Arkansas 200 times a year??
Stefano DiMera
Yes ..the LHN is gone and it's in it's last months/years.

There's no way that's gonna fly to have a SEC Network and a separate one for the school.

20 yr contract ending in 2031. ESPN can settle with UT on the remaining years and there's part of the exit fee.
CNC
I only watch LHN when they lose in football. Thats really the only reason I knew who Lowell was without googling his name.

Lowell with usually 2 ex lettermen talking about another UT football loss is good TV with their excuses and theories.
Media Bear
Stefano DiMera said:

Lance Blanks was talking about the facilities at the HOT Colliseeum when he visited.

Trailer as a locker room etc.
Not just any trailers.

Double-wides!
Hee-hee, hee. Hee-hee, hee. Woo! -- Michael Jackson
A buppa-ba-ba, buppa-buppa-ba. -- Paula Abdul
Say yah-yah-yah. -- John Mellencamp
Ooh-ooh wee-oo ooh-ooh-ooh. -- Mick Jagger/Rolling Stones
De do-do-do. De da-da-da. Is all I want to say to you. -- Sting (Gordon Sumner)/The Police
Ramidi ma-ma ba-di-ma, ramidi ma-ma ba-din-doe. -- David Draiman/Disturbed
C-c-c-c-come on. -- George Michael
People on streets, ee-da-dee-da-dee-da-dee-da -- Freddie Mercury
BearFan33
Although I have just come to tolerate Blanks, I didn't notice any UT bias in their announcing for the Kstate game.
historian
CNC said:

I only watch LHN when they lose in football. Thats really the only reason I knew who Lowell was without googling his name.

Lowell with usually 2 ex lettermen talking about another UT football loss is good TV with their excuses and theories.

Their shock over Baylor beating them in 2014 was the best highlight reel of the game!
historian
If you mean Baylor v K State that's probably because Texas wasn't playing. However, it is possible that Galindo tries to be professional.
JP1037
My freshman year was the last one in the HOT for Baylor Mens BB. It sucked. Long drive. Ugly. Bad acoustics and embarrassing.

When you look at our facilities now vs. HOT and Floyd Casey (Baylor Stadium my freshman year too) its hard to fathom Baylor was even playing D1 sports.

I may be the only one, but I don't mind the Ferrell Center. I think it still looks decent and nothing to be ashamed of but my reference point is not ideal.

RegentCoverup
If you've seen some of the other arenas around the league, the Ferrell is like a modest Steakhouse in a field full of TGI Friday's.

(Looks over at Okie, Tech, TCU)
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.